The God Squad, most powerful team?

#1 Posted by Theracles (1366 posts) - - Show Bio

The God Squad's members are all gods so are they the most powerful superhero team on Earth?

#2 Posted by warlock360 (27905 posts) - - Show Bio

ON earth possibly, but when it comes to the cosmos, hell no.

#3 Posted by Theracles (1366 posts) - - Show Bio
Voidheart said:
"ON earth possibly, but when it comes to the cosmos, hell no.
"

Yes on Earth possibly but in the cosmos they would get thrashed.
#4 Posted by Kurrent (14061 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess you can put Nightmare as cosmic and Hercules uppercutted the sh!t outta him

#5 Posted by Theracles (1366 posts) - - Show Bio

If the God Squad goes toe to toe with the Guardians of the Galaxy they would probably lose. What do you think?

#6 Posted by Nighthunter (28578 posts) - - Show Bio

The only team in marvel that in my opinion is/may be more powerfull are the Guardians of the galaxy, I may be wrong though

#7 Posted by Kurrent (14061 posts) - - Show Bio
Theracles said:
"

If the God Squad goes toe to toe with the Guardians of the Galaxy they would probably lose. What do you think?

"
Herc is on my top 5 so I would be biased if I answered that
#8 Posted by Theracles (1366 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok. Do you think if Herc and Thanos go toe to toe and were only allowed to use sheer strenght who would win?

#9 Posted by Nighthunter (28578 posts) - - Show Bio
Theracles said:
"Ok. Do you think if Herc and Thanos go toe to toe and were only allowed to use sheer strenght who would win?"

Thanos, curbstomp
#10 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio
Theracles said:
"Voidheart said:
"ON earth possibly, but when it comes to the cosmos, hell no.
"

Yes on Earth possibly but in the cosmos they would get thrashed."
he said the exact same thing
#11 Posted by Kurrent (14061 posts) - - Show Bio
Theracles said:
"Ok. Do you think if Herc and Thanos go toe to toe and were only allowed to use sheer strenght who would win?"
I think Hercules would win if it was only Hand to Hand and if they only had their strength. Thanos will still be stronger than him but Herc has top notch fighting ability I think that his skill will be the turning point in this fight the way it is presented. But if Thanos can use all his abilities he would win
#12 Posted by Theracles (1366 posts) - - Show Bio

The God Squad are probably the only team who could take down the Hulk.

#13 Edited by Nighthunter (28578 posts) - - Show Bio
Theracles said:
"The God Squad are probably the only team who could take down the Hulk."

caption

sorry, imagined how much the god squad would curbstomp the Hulk :P
#14 Posted by Theracles (1366 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"Theracles said:

caption

sorry, imagined how much the god squad would curbstomp the Hulk :P"

If the God Squad were to be challenged by the X-Men and the Fantastic Four my bet would be on the God Squad.
#15 Posted by Nighthunter (28578 posts) - - Show Bio
Theracles said:
"Nighthunter said:
"Theracles said:

caption

sorry, imagined how much the god squad would curbstomp the Hulk :P"

If the God Squad were to be challenged by the X-Men and the Fantastic Four my bet would be on the God Squad."

Probably, I guess it would also depend on the lineups
#16 Posted by Theracles (1366 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup.

#17 Posted by warlock360 (27905 posts) - - Show Bio
Kurrent said:
"I guess you can put Nightmare as cosmic and Hercules uppercutted the sh!t outta him
"
Nightmare a cosmic?^^ are you high?
#18 Posted by the creator (8559 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter said:

"The only team in marvel that in my opinion is/may be more powerfull are the Guardians of the galaxy, I may be wrong though"

The God Squad is far more powerful.

One member of the God Squad, Atum, makes this team far more powerful than any other. He was born of the union beteewn Gaea and the Demiurge and was created to destroy / bring in to check the elder gods (Chthon, Set etc) of Earth.
He did just this, killing many and the few remaining ones fled to other dimensions.

Atum can project light, heat and plasma at levels seen at the heart of the sun.
He can fly at faster than light speeds and is physically stronger and more durable than any other recorded god (I think).

His most fearsome ability is that he can  absorb the life, powers, and abilities of others beings (used mostly on other gods), even cosmic entities.
This causes him to change form (larger grey body) and he becomes the Demogorge, in which form he has the powers absorbed, his own powers and is stronger and even more durable. 

#19 Posted by mr.superior (134 posts) - - Show Bio

The celestials aren't heros I guess, but they'd beat the god squad.

#20 Posted by lordraiden (6894 posts) - - Show Bio
Kurrent said:
"Theracles said:
I think Hercules would win if it was only Hand to Hand and if they only had their strength. Thanos will still be stronger than him but Herc has top notch fighting ability I think that his skill will be the turning point in this fight the way it is presented. But if Thanos can use all his abilities he would win
"
Against Thanos??? That's one of the most insane things i've ever heard! Thanos has taken on the likes of Thing, Hercules and others at the same time and given them a good beating!
#21 Posted by lordraiden (6894 posts) - - Show Bio
the creator said:
"

Nighthunter said:

"The only team in marvel that in my opinion is/may be more powerfull are the Guardians of the galaxy, I may be wrong though"

The God Squad is far more powerful.

One member of the God Squad, Atum, makes this team far more powerful than any other. He was born of the union beteewn Gaea and the Demiurge and was created to destroy / bring in to check the elder gods (Chthon, Set etc) of Earth.
He did just this, killing many and the few remaining ones fled to other dimensions.

Atum can project light, heat and plasma at levels seen at the heart of the sun.
He can fly at faster than light speeds and is physically stronger and more durable than any other recorded god (I think).

His most fearsome ability is that he can  absorb the life, powers, and abilities of others beings (used mostly on other gods), even cosmic entities.
This causes him to change form (larger grey body) and he becomes the Demogorge, in which form he has the powers absorbed, his own powers and is stronger and even more durable. 

"

You nailed, Creator! Atum alone would eat GOTG or any other group! He dwarves Odin at his highest!
#22 Posted by Kurrent (14061 posts) - - Show Bio
Voidheart said:
"Kurrent said:
"I guess you can put Nightmare as cosmic and Hercules uppercutted the sh!t outta him
"
"
Nightmare has Dimension Manipulation, Divine Powers,  that is pretty cosmic to me...
#23 Posted by Theracles (1366 posts) - - Show Bio
Kurrent said:
"Voidheart said:
"Kurrent said:
"
"
Nightmare has Dimension Manipulation, Divine Powers,  that is pretty cosmic to me...
"

Doctor Strange can do that but he isn't cosmic.
#24 Posted by Dr. Victor von Doom (3118 posts) - - Show Bio
Kurrent said:
"Voidheart said:
"Kurrent said:
"
"
"
that doesnt define cosmic, cosmic beings are characters that are elsewhere beyond the earth realm (in space etc.)
#25 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

They are pretty strong I'd say one of the strongest mostly due to Demogorge. Who I haven't seen in a while. However he ismostly confused for being able to take life forces from every one when its only those with a godlife force. Either way he doesn't need to do such a move. His body is so durable he's take directly full blown hits from Thors hammer and didn't even notice as well as other gods. Although mystical Ironman was able to hurt him that was about it.

Theracles said:

Many other teams could take down hulk. Hell one man could take down hulk for some odd reason though they make it look like it really needs a team to take him down.
#26 Posted by Dr. Victor von Doom (3118 posts) - - Show Bio
zee crusher said:
"Many other teams could take down hulk. Hell one man could take down hulk for some odd reason though they make it look like it really needs a team to take him down.
"
... because he's "The Hulk" and going on him man to man goes against physical laws
#27 Posted by Kurrent (14061 posts) - - Show Bio
Dr. Victor von Doom said:
"Kurrent said:
"Voidheart said:
"Kurrent said:
"
"
"
that doesnt define cosmic, cosmic beings are characters that are elsewhere beyond the earth realm (in space etc.)
"
He is in the Dream world! He is Nightmare....lol
#28 Posted by khathala messa (1431 posts) - - Show Bio

no right now there are more powerfull teams of superheroes than the god squad ever will be

#29 Posted by Theracles (1366 posts) - - Show Bio
khathala messa said:
"no right now there are more powerfull teams of superheroes than the god squad ever will be"

Like which ones?
#30 Posted by Scary Tousers (48 posts) - - Show Bio

Both incarnations of God Squad have at last one Muscle - being so pewerfull he stands out against everything else. First has Demogorge, second has  Galactus. Second also has Hercules, boosted up to Odin level or higher. So I dare to say that God Squad really may be the most powerfull team in Marvel.

#31 Posted by PowerHerc (80657 posts) - - Show Bio

With the implied criteria of being a God/Eternal/Immortal or some other such similar being, the God Squad has the potential to be the most powerful Marvel super-team.   
Marvel just has to decide that's what they want.
#32 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say so
#33 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

if they have RKT and chaos war Hercules they are up there as one of the biggest multiversal threats..

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.