matkrenz's The Fury of Firestorm: The Nuclear Man #2 - Sound and Fury review

Would Alice Cooper be proud of this ?

Review for Firestorm #2.

The Story: Jason, Ronny and Tonya sit around and get explanations from Jason about all this crazyness. Also we see more of the villains.

The Good: I have no idea why but I like villains that are hopped up on drugs, maybe it's because it makes them dangerous or it lets the writers write crazy dialogue. The mystery of the Firestorm origin to be interesting, the hinting that it might be of mystical origin and not scientific. I think I really like Cinar's style when it's more painted than regular pencils.

The Bad: The arguing between Jason and Raymond really is not helping me like any of them. I would like if Cinar chose between regular pencils and painted, it clashes very easily. Also it took the planting of evidence to be way to convinient, this organisation is not the Pride.

The Verdict: This issue has lost so much steam from the first issue that doesn't make me want to come back for the next issue. Don't buy this.

Other reviews for The Fury of Firestorm: The Nuclear Man #2 - Sound and Fury

Heating Up 0

Gail Simone and Ethan Van Sciver surprised us in the last issue when a giant beast called "Fury" came out of two Firestorms. Do they continue the adventures of Firestorm going?  THE GOOD: I like the art. Yildiray Cinar style is great and I really like seeing the art because it looks really good. The story picks up from last issue if you ask me. We get some more information on what is going around with this people that are chasing them. I also like how they are having to give up everything and th...

Duck and Cover 0

Jesus, what a mess. Funny how Batgirl gets deeper and more interesting and Firestorm gets sloppier and more incomprehensible. I can't believe Gail Simone wrote this, almost none of her charm is present here, save for the homicidal merc team which doesn't get that much panel time sadly. More is explained about the plot bu by now, I stopped caring especially when all of these details could've been told more concisely last issue. Because the plot can't move anywhere, more bizarre shit happens for n...