pspin's The Fury of Firestorm: The Nuclear Man #18 - Problems Multiplied review

Fury of Firestorm #18 Review

Fury of Firestorm #18 Review

Overview:

Firestorm must save Ronnie’s mother from a supervillain.

The Good:

The story is pretty good as it infuses a bit of humor into the situation, particularly the opening sequence. The story is nothing revolutionary but it does feature some rather mysterious villains that could be cool. There really isn’t much here that is surprising or twisty. It is just a straight forward race-to-find-the-missing-loved-one and it works. It is an entertaining issue that gets the job done.

Dan Jurgens writes the issue and does a good job. While the writing is straight forward, it is not bad. It is just a simple one issue story that lays seeds for something more.

Jurgens also draws the issue and it is great. There are some really cool page layouts for some flashbacks that is really great simply because it looks cool.

The Bad:

Nothing major.

Verdict:

While some might criticize the issue for being simple or something, it really isn’t a criticism. Not every issue of every series has to full of twists and turns; sometimes a book is good just because the hero beats up some bad guys and saves the day and this issue epitomizes that idea. Dan Jurgens does a great job writing and drawing the issue and showing that, while not perfect, Firestorm can get the job done.

4 (3.85) out of 5