Follow

The Force

Concept » The Force appears in 521 issues.

The Force is an energy field that binds together all life in the Star Wars universe. Only some have the power to wield it - either as a force for the Light Side or the Dark Side of the Force.

Sith

Larkin1388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Larkin1388

Why are so many of the sith red and tattooed, no matter what species they are, and if theyre not red and tattooed then they are part cyborg. Very few appear to be otherwise.

MrMiracle77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By MrMiracle77

One way or another, the Dark Side is a corrupting influence.  They want to be feared, and a disturbing visage is certainly a step in the right direction.

Occasional duels with a Sith-hunting Jedi (or other organization) can certainly lead to the regular loss of body parts.  It's tough being evil, sometimes.

Larkin1388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Larkin1388
    @MrMiracle77:
    That makes sense, but i still dont understand the red, i know the black are tattoos but their skin is red no matter the species which strikes me kind of odd
    MrMiracle77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By MrMiracle77
    @Larkin1388 said:
    " @MrMiracle77: That makes sense, but i still dont understand the red, i know the black are tattoos but their skin is red no matter the species which strikes me kind of odd "

Well, not necessarily.  Clearly Dooku and Sidious aren't red.  Maris Brood wasn't red, though her eyes were.  Asajj Ventress is chalk-white.  Revan, Malak, Sion, and many of the other Sith characters from the Kotor series weren't red either.  They do tend to like red, and the crystals used in their lightsabers are frequently red.

The tatooing may be a cultural thing, I suppose.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.