Follow

The Flash

Series »

A CW TV series based on the DC superhero, set in the same continuity as Arrow and starring Grant Gustin as Barry Allen.

The Flash Episode #122: "Rogue Air"

• 109 results
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    No Caption Provided

Note: There are spoilers in this review and recap! You have been warned!

Recap

On this week's episode of The Flash, Barry talks to Iris about finding Eddie. At STAR Labs, Cisco questions why Wells needed a wheelchair to Caitlin, Barry, and Joe. Cisco discovers a device under the wheelchair that has enough energy to power Central City. Cisco thinks it's a battery to gain more speed.

The accelerator has been reactivated. Barry realizes Wells is inside STAR Labs somewhere. Cisco, Barry, and Joe explore the accelerator. Reverse Flash runs by the group, and Barry chases. Peek-a-Boo gets released from her cells and Peek-a-Boo escapes. She starts beating up Caitlin. Iris hits Peek-a-Boo over the head and knocks her out. Barry isn't fast enough to catch Reverse Flash.

The group finds Eddie and unties him. Iris discovers the engagement ring Eddie was going to give to her. Eddie is recovering and reveals Wells said they're distant relatives. An alarm goes off and Cisco discovers future tech that is powering the accelerator. The metahumans are down there and they have to figure out what to do with them because they will die if the accelerator goes off.

Barry says there is a place that can put them, the place Oliver Queen puts his criminals. Joe talks to a DA, Cecile, at the station and says he needs a route cleared in order to move them safely. Cecile is against it and says Joe needs to get away from this. Barry says Argus can transport them if they get the metahumans to Ferris airfield.

Barry heads to a bar to talk to Snart, who likes his drinks ice cold. Barry tells Snart he needs help transporting 5 people out of the city. Snart says he needs something in return. He writes it down and Barry says he can't do it for that. Barry asks Snart to ask for something else.

Iris confronts Eddie, who is going back to work. Iris shows Eddie the ring and asks why didn't he propose. Eddie says something Wells showed him changed his mind. Eddie tells Iris that they don't get married in the future, Iris and Barry do.

Barry talks to Joe about Snart helping... Snart enters and says he wants everything about him, dental records, criminal record, etc destroyed. Barry says he'll do it if it's the only way. Joe is upset and pulls Barry aside. Barry says he needs to help them. Barry suits up and deletes everything about Snart and has all the physical evidence for him. Snart's sister shows up and freezes the evidence.

The Snarts head to STAR Labs and Lisa confronts Cisco and says she misses him. He holds off and sends her away. Cisco makes a semi-truck into a power dampener. The plan is to put them in there. They gas the metahumans and put them in the truck. Everything is going without a hitch.

Lisa and Cisco are in the truck and park at the airfield and Lisa asks Cisco for an alias. Cisco calls her Golden Glider. Inside the truck, the metahumans are fighting each other, but their powers are returning. The Argus plane gets struck by lightening and crashes. The metahumans escape and the battle begins. Snart saves the metahumans and says they're free to go. Barry realizes Snart sabotaged the truck. Now they all owe him a favor.

Joe and Barry are chatting back at STAR Labs and the accelerator becomes fully charged. Iris confronts Eddie and says she loves Eddie and she says whatever future showed Wells showed him is not their future. Eddie says he's sorry but it needs to end.

At the accelerator, Wells is waiting for Barry. Barry meets Wells and Wells says he's impressed at all the lengths he went to keep those people from harm. Wells says Barry can't beat him. Firestorm and Arrow show up. Barry says that he can't fight all three of them at the same time. They all fight and Oliver shoots an arrow with nanites in it which means Reverse Flash isn't fast anymore. He gets rid of the nanites, but everyone teams up and stops him. The end.

No Caption Provided

Thoughts

Why was Snart needed for this? Did I miss something. It all seemed to be Cisco's idea and plan. Snart was really only there to screw everything up. Well, Lisa could drive a semi, but that's the only involvement those two had in this whole plan.

While we're on Snart, Wentworth Miller is a bit over-the-top. Sure, there are over-the-top moments, but all the actors feel normal while they're doing their job. Miller feels like he's overacting with his voice and movements. The couple scenes within STAR Labs with Miller he really takes the viewer out of it. Enjoyed his work in earlier episodes, but not so much this episode.

That moment the Reverse Flash's costume comes out of the ring! AWESOME! Easily, that was the coolest moment of the episode. It's funny because moments before, we get to see Firestorm and Arrow pop in, which was incredibly cool as well, but it's overshadowed by this two second moment that will make comic book fans swoon.

The final fight between Barry, Firestorm, and Arrow versus Reverse Flash was simply spectacular. There were a lot of great back and forth moments here and it kept escalating. There were numerous moments where it seemed Reverse Flash was going to come out on top here. Obviously, the heroes won the day, but this was easily the best fight sequence of the season.

Speaking of fights, Barry fighting the other rogues was pretty sweet as well. Barry focused mainly on The Mist, while Joe, Caitlin, and Cisco fought everyone else, minus Peek-A-Boo who split as soon as possible. This was a classic comic book battle with the heroes being overwhelmed and not coming out on top in the first round. I really thought that Cold and Barry could work well together here too, up until he turned on everyone. The character is obviously out more for himself here, rather than helping Barry. Snart evolved a bit here as a character and his arc was pretty fantastic, aside from a few negative moments with his dialogue as mentioned above.

This was overall one of the better episodes of the season because so much of the season-long stories all came together and it all paid off in a big way. Those criminals Barry was capturing all season long finally came back, in a completely different way, and we finally got to see that Flash/Reverse Flash battle we've been waiting for. Where do we go from here now? What is next week going to offer that's going to top this episode?

LordDarkFox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LordDarkFox

FLASHPOINT !!!!

Man this^^^ already !

LordDarkFox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lorddarkfox: Made it a spoiler, since not everyone saw the preview...

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

#3 inferiorego  Staff

@lorddarkfox: Made it a spoiler, since not everyone saw the preview...

The preview cut out for me... I was sad

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
    FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Absolutely Phenominal. The Ring and Final Fight make this episode a Five Star alone.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HAL F**KING JORDAN

LordDarkFox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8 the_stegman  Moderator

I'm so happy right now

Snape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did anyone else laugh out loud when they were playing 'Cold As Ice' in the bar scene?

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
    knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

mrkareemruiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By mrkareemruiz

Need more Joe.

doug_rogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree Millar is a bit over the top, but he can say, 'Scarlet Speedster' without it sounding really stupid.

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CitizenJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Missing Ferris Air test pilot who went missing... WHEEEEEEEEE!

I was literally jumping up in down in my chair when Barry said that!

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I respectfully disagree with your opinion about Miller. Cap Cold has to be over the top, it allows him to stand out from the rest of the rogues gallery in the show imo. He's probably my second favourite performance on the show (after only Wells).

the_comebacks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 51

Definitely one of my favorite so far. 9/10 for me. Loved the guest stars. Cisco and Lisa were hilarious. Loved the Hal Jordan nod-they have been teasing that hard-I anticipate we will get green lantern sooner than later. The flash ring was a great nod. I am surprised they took down Wells/Thawne, it does feel like he has something else up his sleeve. The finale has a pretty strong Flashpoint feel to it-Im excited.

donttellmymom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that was one of the best fight sequences I've seen on a show in a while. Also I agree, the part with the costume was incredible. Overall great episode

derekvang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hal Jordan/GL confirmed!

Pandeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Pandeth

When I saw the show only had 10 minutes left and they still needed to fight RF I thought they were going to end the episode with the start of the fight, which makes 0 sense as to why Barry would be in Nanda Parbat tomorrow, but I am extremly happy with the end product (especially after I thought tonight was the season finale as well). I'm excited, extremely so, for GL, he at least got more of a nod then showing Ferris Air or Coast City (pizza scene). But, as @prospero_locke and I were talking about this season finale, if they Flashpoint the season that means everything in Arrow is gone, no canary scream, no Laurel BC, Tommy comes back (not a bad thing), possibly no Katana. I'm just saying they are about to etch a sketch a lot of stuff they've already built upon, good and bad.

Surza7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HOLY crap what a fantastic episode.The part where Wells shows The Flash ring and his costume comes out and he just suits up! Literally was the best moment for me in ANY comic show,movie and I was like that is comics man! I really can't wait for Arrow this season for both shows has been really awesome,and The Flash just makes me excited each moment in almost every episode,so good!

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dan12456 said:

I respectfully disagree with your opinion about Miller. Cap Cold has to be over the top, it allows him to stand out from the rest of the rogues gallery in the show imo. He's probably my second favourite performance on the show (after only Wells).

Ditto. I actually think, comparatively speaking, Miller keeps Cold pretty grounded. He still comes across as (pun intended) cool, and lives up to the name without it being corny. Now Heatwave and Golden Glider? Those two tend to overact.

Anywho, fantastic episode. Would have liked a little more to the fight between between The JSA and Prof. Zoom go a little longer, but for the time they had, everyone delivered and Oliver still looked like a beast when everyone thought he was going to be easily outclassed and useless in this fight.

If anything he did more damage than Firestorm did, and Firestorm was on-point so that's saying something. All the same, I think the fight never really lost focus with the Barry vs. Eobard showdown.

Especially loved Eobard's attitude. I'm hoping he stays on the show in some magnitude. It would be a shame to lose him from the cast and likewise, I think it would be really difficult to replace him as the bad guy.

Also, am I the only one who wants to see Captain Cold match wits with Merlyn and/or Oliver?

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

So awesome!!!
    and DAT Green Lantern Reference!!!

We are also getting closer to the ROGUES!!!
    ~MiB

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Amazing episode! Can't wait for the finale!

Gotham331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DUUUUUUUDE! How awesome was this episode? All I'm gonna say is next week, DONT DO IT BARRY!

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dan12456 said:

agreed...I love that he just seems to be embracing his new life as a super villain and it kind of seems like he's deliberately trying to be over the top with his actions and behavior like putting on Cold as Ice in the bar

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
    ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

best episode of the season

Gotham331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope those Tom Welling rumors are true

AWeekInGeekdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was..ok

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

All these GL references make me so happy :)

Awesome episode!

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

It was..ok

This...I don't why people are so hyped about this episode. I'd give it a 3.5/5

AoS season finale crushed it though lol

Gotham331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pres_Superman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is Berry so damn stupid?

scootybali14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok well I forget his name but wizard man(from Spartacus) wouldn't have taken such a small role in this show hes deff gunna join the rogues I completely disagree will the Wentworth miller run down.....seeing him as an actor this is the closest you'll get from him making one liners and pun jokes he keeps it very grounded they couldn't have picked a better person....heateave may be over the top most of the time but its kinda bearable......as everyone said THE MISSING TEST PILOT MADE ME JUMP OUT MY SEAT......we will be seeing more references and at some point a huge spoiler for GL in the future..... BUT WE BASICALLY HAVE THE ROGUES SET UP AND WELLS CANT BE DEAD, AND IF NEXT WEEK PREVIEWS SHOW WHT I THINK HE WENT BACL IN TIME AND WAS THERE WHEN HIS MOTHER DIED SO BASICALLY SOMETHING HAS TO GO(by going back in time or by saving her some things will change no matter wht he does next week......BUT CAN I JUST SAY WHY HASNT TEAM FLASH GONE BACK TO THE FUTURE TELLING ROBOT YET?

(NOTE TO EDITORS EDDIE NEVER REVEALED HE WAS RELATED TO WELL he simple said he will regain everything he lost, and he built some machine)

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
    medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the fight was short in my opinion.

WheatStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I respectfully disagree, too, Snart finally felt believable. His explanation for why he did what he did gave me chills. I've never had chills in an episode of the Flash. And Iris' tears, my god I don't even want Barry to be with her now.

Tonight, wow, AOS and Flash, the best three hours of network comic book TV, ever.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Spread the word!
    Spread the word!

KingOfKings1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome Episode but ...

I am going to miss Tom Cavanagh when he goes...

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
    unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great episode.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloakx14: Indeed. He seems to be one of the only people able to effortlessly dance around Barry. His sly and conniving nature is definitely something Barry isn't used to handling.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snipergallo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome Episode but ...

I am going to miss Tom Cavanagh when he goes...

Same here, one of the best characters in the whole show, either as a mentor or a villain, he's been awesome. I really hope he comes back, it all depends of next week season finale

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By unbreakable_fs4

@cloakx14: he's up there in my list as well, behind Zoom

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snipergallo: Daniella Panabaker (Caitlin Snow) did an interview recently and said that she was going to miss Tom on set when they start filming again...

Snipergallo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesomeperson: Now that's some sad news, IMO he has to escape to come back later for sweet revenge, we'll see in one week.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kind of think Wells lost on purpose, where they going to put him? Pipeline? The one charged up thanks to his particle accelerator?

Wells seems far to smart to be overwhelmed like that and at no point did he try to flee which he easily could have. Why reveal himself to Barry in first place when he could have probably sneaked back into Star Labs?

May seem a bit familiar with Joker in TDK and Loki pulling the same trick but really I think Wells is where he wants to be.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.