Follow

The Flash

Series »

A CW TV series based on the DC superhero, set in the same continuity as Arrow and starring Grant Gustin as Barry Allen.

The Flash: Episode #107 - "The Man in the Yellow Suit"

• 140 results
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    No Caption Provided

Warning: There's some HUGE spoilers in this review.

In this week's episode of The Flash, the yellow suited speedster, Reverse Flash, is running around killing people. He's looking for something, something that could make him travel faster than the speed of light and back in time.

Caitlin discovers Ronnie is alive is on fire. Cisco doesn't believe her. Antia finds Ronnie and he now goes by the name Firestorm. She has a hard time dealing with what he has become.

Barry comes face to face with Reverse Flash and in order to get more info about why he killed Barry's mother, he has to catch him. Barry ends up fighting Reverse Flash for the first time and gets his butt kicked. Reverse Flash says they've fought before.

Barry goes to see his father and his father explains that reverse flash has taken too much from Barry and their family and he shouldn't let him take any more. Barry goes to Iris and tell him that he loves her.

The crew at STAR labs traps and catches Reverse Flash. Eddie is also there. Joe is there and asks Reverse Flash about Barry's father. Reverse Flash is more interested in Dr Wells. reverse Flash pulls Wells into the containment are and beats him down. There's a standoff and Flash comes to save the day. Reverse Flash beats down Flash again, but Firestorm comes in and saves the day.

Here comes the spoiler part! At the end of the episode, Wells walks to his secret room, which may or may not have what looks like braille all over the walls and reveals the Reverse Flash suit!

No Caption Provided

This was one melodramatic episode, moreso than any other that can come to mind. Normally, I'd bag on something like this, but I thought it really worked out well. There's lots of great, emotional scenes with great dialogue. It can get a bit cheesy at times, but it works in the full context of the show. The scene with Barry talking to his father about Reverse Flash is really a great moment for Barry and marks a change in him. Later on, there's some great, emotional dialogue between Joe and Barry. Again, it can be a bit over-the-top, but it really works in the context of the scenes. The episode can't be all action, right? Good thing there's solid dialogue and emotion driving the show.

There was one scene that kind of did bug me and make me think about The Flash as a whole. There was an exterior shot of Barry running to S.T.A.R. labs and you can see a streak. Wouldn't anyone notice that since the lab is right by a highway?

Ok, there's two parts that really bugged me. Iris is the most clueless woman on the planet. How can she have no idea Barry likes her? I know it's the age old tale of being too blind to see love right in front of you, which is the most over-used romantic trope on the planet, but it's annoying to see it play out, which is a bummer because Iris is such a well-written character. She's a supporting character, not too involved with the Flash, aside from that blog, that actually adds something to the show. She has to go through some tough things in this episode as well, and man, she's one compelling character and the actor that portrays her, Candice Patton has some chops.

Alright, you got me. There's a third part that does sit too well. Reverse Flash beats up Wells. SPOILERS. I guess we can easily jump to the conclusion that Zoom can time travel, since he is beating up himself, but that whole scene feels weird and like it shouldn't work. He's in two places at once here.He also doesn't seem to be healing as fast as Flash does either, but we don't know anything about his healing powers. Everything about that scene feels very strange and a little wrong.

What most comic books fans want to know about is how Reverse Flash AKA Zoom fits into all of this. First off, the fight scenes are fantastic. Zoom (I know I called him Reverse Flash a lot, but we're just switching to Zoom now) is a bit brutal with his fighting style, he's vicious and incredibly intimidating. He's easily one of the scariest foes Barry has faced. The fights were a ton of fun to watch, even though it was pretty much Zoom dominating everyone.

What the show did really well was keep fans guessing. SPOILERS IN THIS PARAGRAPH! Fans were led to believe that Eddie Thane was Zoom because... well... his name and there seemed to be something off about him. At the same time, there's also Wells, who has no problem walking around in his secret braille room. However, I was so ready to believe it was Thane, and then there was that reveal, which I saw coming to an extent, but it was done so dang well.

Also, Firestorm is here. I know fans are clamoring to know more about him. We get to see him fly and he does save the day, but there's not much else to say. I am excited to see him in future episodes, but his inclusion in this particular episode was a bit overshadowed by everything else.

The mid-season finale of The Flash was pretty awesome. It had all the fun and excitement of the rest of the series, and left fans at a point where they want more. Zoom is one of the most interesting villains to bring in and the connection to Barry makes their rivalry so much more compelling. I can't wait to see the next episode, mainly because Captain Cold returns. Now, where's Mirror Master and Pied Piper at?

AMajorDoubter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

GAAAAAAAAAH.

Incredible. Absolutely incredible. I know it's the winter finale so it was bound to be incredible, but to make me overly excited for the back half of the season was something exciting.

Gah. Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic work and acting.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This should be 5/5

yambaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely should be 5/5.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By dondave

How do you beat up yourself?

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 inferiorego  Staff

@dondave said:

time travel!

Loki2u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup.....5/5

Favorite episode of the year so far! Loved Firestorms entrance at the end......awesome!

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 inferiorego  Staff

@dondave said:

also, thanks for reminding me. I forgot to add that to the review.

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is definitely a 5/5. So much better than any other episode this season. Like last week was a ton of fun seeing the two shows collide, but there was nothing significant in it, it was simply fun fan service. This is the most important episode of the show to date.

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
    unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good episode. Harrison Wells just keeps on raising more questions with each episode.

Also @inferiorego, there's a slight typo in the second sentence of the second to last paragraph

Also, Firestorm is here. I know fans are clamoring to know more about him. We get to see him fly and he does save the say, but there's not much else to say. I am excited to see him in future episodes, but his inclusion in this particular episode was a bit overshadowed by everything else.

I might be wrong but I'm assuming you meant to say "day"

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Transformers1024

I'm sorry but this episode was a let down. One of my biggest complaints is that it focused too much on Barry and Iris' non-existent love life and to be totally honest it felt VERY forced -- a good example of this is when Barry's dad told him that he knew he had feelings for Iris while they were talking about finding the man who murdered his wife and his sons mother. To make it even worse is that he's been in prison for 14 years -- since when does he follow Barry's love life? Facebook? Twitter? No, the writers informed him know because this is the CW, where love triangles and relationships are more important than the story at hand.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure everyone saw that Wells was the Reverse Flash from a mile away. I even called it on here a few weeks ago.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 inferiorego  Staff

Good episode. Harrison Wells just keeps on raising more questions with each episode.

Also @inferiorego, there's a slight typo in the second sentence of the second to last paragraph

Also, Firestorm is here. I know fans are clamoring to know more about him. We get to see him fly and he does save the say, but there's not much else to say. I am excited to see him in future episodes, but his inclusion in this particular episode was a bit overshadowed by everything else.

I might be wrong but I'm assuming you meant to say "day"

thank ya

Gotham331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Gotham331

Great episode! Left me wondering who was in the suit when Wells was getting beat down? Also, the Firestorm save? He shows up in time to save Barry and just says don't look for me again? He came all that way to say that? I mean...he could've just left after Cisco and Caitlin left him in the tunnel or wherever. That part was a bit of a stretch. But overall a great episode. On to Arrow tomorrow.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

8/10 for me. Great epsidoe.

ANd I still don't believe Wells is Reverse Flash.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By longbowhunter

I saw Grant Gustin on Twitter talkin' this episode up yesterday. He wasn't kidding.

zackisme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By zackisme

Well if Wells did heal faster from those wounds, everyone else would notice when they saw him again. So, I guess Wells has to heal naturally. I guess it's a conscious thing to be able to heal at any rate you want.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

D@mm this was a solid episode I'm surprised it's not 5/5. Also I'm still not sold that Wells is reverse flash

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sorry but this episode was a let down. One of my biggest complaints is that it focused too much on Barry and Iris' non-existent love life and to be totally honest it felt VERY forced -- a good example of this is when Barry's dad told him that he knew he had feelings for Iris while they were talking about finding the man who murdered his wife and his sons mother. To make it even worse is that he's been in prison for 14 years -- since when does he follow Barry's love life? Facebook? Twitter? No, the writers informed him know because this is the CW, where love triangles and relationships are more important than the story at hand.

I'm pretty sure the fact Barry visits his dad in jail every week for the past 14 years and no doubt talks about Iris all the time would have been more than enough clue that his son is in love with her. Parents figure out who their kids have feelings for all the time despite the fact they aren't in any of the social settings where their kid and the person they like interact. This is just a normal parent understanding their kid...

Avatar image for obsidian_raindrop1
    obsidian_raindrop1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why did everyone think Eddie was the reverse flash?

Gotham331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_comebacks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 51

This was a compelling episode 9/10 for me. I'm dying to find out more about that spoiler at the end. It does imply time travel on some level. I thought it was going to involve some sort of time travel but it does look like Dr. Wells is a combination of Zoom and Pariah. But he still needs Barry to survive 10 more years. So he doesn't want to kill barry supposedly. So many questions.....

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
    ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think harrison wells made a device the blackouts powers and stole the reverse flash powers and charged the energry into a suit not himself

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I'm still not sold on Zoom's identity. Just because the dude had the suit in that room doesn't mean he's the guy he could just be working with him.

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
    unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@transformers1024: I'm betting him having Zoom's suit is a red herring. He's definitely connected but I just don't think its him.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Dear God! I literally started shaking when Firestorm saved the day it was amazing.

When Ronnie joins with Stein and finally puts on the costume, prepare to see me fanboy like never before :D

obsidian_raindrop1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still not sold on Zoom's identity. Just because the dude had the suit in that room doesn't mean he's the guy he could just be working with him.

Dude! The guy has been murdering people, manipulating people, and acting like a supervillain this entire time what more does he have to do? he was after the exact same thing the revers Flash was after. He spoke like the revers flash did (implying that he does have powers). He has a crazy future computer. He's lying about being in a wheelchair. And he has the suit.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@obsidian_raindrop1: All that really confirms is that he's connected to Zoom. At this point everything pointing to him being Zoom isn't completely concrete. Yes it would still be completely possible for them to say he's Zoom and it'd be believable but as it stands they could easily say that he and Zoom are working together toward the same goal.

Until I see Wells in that suit I will not be convinced he's Zoom.

jackcryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Wells is the Reverse Flash, he just doesn't have his powers so at the end we saw him charging his suit so he could be fast. I think he is doing this now to make the Flash a better hero. I know this doesn't explain how he beat himself up, but thats what I'm thinking now

obsidian_raindrop1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: The thing he does with his voice is the same thing the flash does it put's his chances of being the reverse flash at about eighty percent. Plus the suit.

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, and I'm pretty sure everyone saw that Wells was the Reverse Flash from a mile away. I even called it on here a few weeks ago.

I was already placing a bet that Wells is really Thawne but everyone keeps shooting me down as well. I still could be wrong though. And I agree with ya, the damn love story here is outta place.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

6/5 Incredible.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think harrison wells made a device the blackouts powers and stole the reverse flash powers and charged the energry into a suit not himself

That honestly makes the most sense. The trap wasn't really a trap, he wanted to steal some of Reverse Flash's Mojo.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@obsidian_raindrop1: I'm not saying its impossible for him to be Zoom, just saying I'm not convinced. Let's not forget tho that there are 2 Zooms in the comic so it is even possible that he's Professor Zoom and the Other Zoom is also there which would explain the two being at the same place at the same time.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

great episode ! My favorite episode so far.

ImmortalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want Wells to be Barry from the future.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
    knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The way I see it is that the Reverse Flash that we saw in the episode is actually a younger Wells time travelling back to carry out whatever he has planned. The Wells that we've known since the beginning travelled back to the past sometime after murdering Barry's mom and decided to set up shop and end up helping Barry becoming the Flash. Why did he do all of this you ask? I don't know. Who do I look like, the writer? But that's my theory anyways.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By AlKusanagi

Pretty sure it's still Eddie from the future. I'm going to guess that the deal with Wells at the end was him using the Tachyons to upgrade the costume for him.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vandersexxx: no it's not... the love angle has been an ongoing theme since the show started, NOTHING forced about it.

Surza7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jeez was I satisfied with this episode.I think that it is either Eddie or one of his relatives like his son from the future,and wells helped that person become the reverse flash.Was just cool to see firestorm also,can't wait to see what happens next.

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

#41  Edited By MrMazz

Watching the Speed Fight! has me thinking about its presentation. How you could go easily go bad Michael Bay instead of something more akin to Tony Scott or Nikta era Luc Besson. I particularily liked the extieror b-roll they repurposed to show Flash and RF running through Central City, it goes by at such a speed that any sort of actual spacial considerations are pointless and that it would be more important to make an aesthtically appealing streak than a spatially representative sequence.

Cheap Plug to User Review

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By frozenedge2

@captainmarvel4ever said:

Dear God! I literally started shaking when Firestorm saved the day it was amazing.

When Ronnie joins with Stein and finally puts on the costume, prepare to see me fanboy like never before :D

Maybe Ronnie already bonded with Stein. It's possible that Stein was caught in the reactor wave like other people and somehow bonded with Ronnie in the process. It's a bit of a stretch but it might be something along that line.

@gotham331 said:

Great episode! Left me wondering who was in the suit when Wells was getting beat down? Also, the Firestorm save? He shows up in time to save Barry and just says don't look for me again? He came all that way to say that? I mean...he could've just left after Cisco and Caitlin left him in the tunnel or wherever. That part was a bit of a stretch. But overall a great episode. On to Arrow tomorrow.

I think Ronnie more likely showed up at the lab to tell Caitlin to not look for him because he still has some memories of being Ronnie even though he claims he isn't Ronnie and knows she'd keep looking for him. That's my guess

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozenedge said:

@captainmarvel4ever said:

Maybe Ronnie already bonded with Stein. It's possible that Stein was caught in the reactor wave like other people and somehow bonded with Ronnie in the process. It's a bit of a stretch but it might be something along that line.

@gotham331 said:

I think Ronnie more likely showed up at the lab to tell Caitlin to not look for him because he still has some memories of being Ronnie even though he claims he isn't Ronnie and knows she'd keep looking for him. That's my guess

That could be a good explanation, Ronnie and Stein have been bonded for too long and now it's having adverse effects.

God it feels good to be having a conversation about Firestorm again :)

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Still think it's Eddie. I know the CW is big on changing every little detail but I don't think Eddie's last name is Thawne just so he can not be Prof Zoom.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Zoom Zoom, Zoom. Love it XD

Avatar image for hortondrawsawho
    HortonDrawsAWho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By HortonDrawsAWho

I still think Wells is Rip Hunter, and reverse flash is a future version of Thawne. I think the show is trying to throw off people with the Wells reveal. It's also very possible that reverse flash is a future version of Barry.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Eddie and Wells are working together. There's a reason why the writers made a big deal about Eddie being spared.

We know that Flash knows the Reverse Flash, we know Eddie wasn't killed and the writers wrote that in for us to think about. And we know wells has something to do with reverse flash for sure.

I'm also guessing maybe the reverse flash might actually need his suit charged up so he can perform his superhuman feata. Maybe without its charge he isn't so fast?

Gotham331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: those are all great points, but that moment just seemed so out of place. I mean aside from him showing up and saving flash, that seemed kinda weird. If flash wasn't there, the guy would've just showed up and said don't look for me and fly away. Fly away in a cool manner might I add.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gotham331: Seemed fine to me, he may be disoriented, but he;s still Ronnie inside. Someone was in trouble and he did the right thing. Besides even though he wanted to help it's clear he still isn't feeling stable and wants them to keep their distance.

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozenedge said:

That could be a good explanation, Ronnie and Stein have been bonded for too long and now it's having adverse effects.

God it feels good to be having a conversation about Firestorm again :)

Haha yeah I didn't realize how much I liked Firestorm until he first showed up. Can't wait until he gets cured and becomes possibly part of the team

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.