Follow

The Flash

Series »

A CW TV series based on the DC superhero, set in the same continuity as Arrow and starring Grant Gustin as Barry Allen.

Captain Cold and Felicity Featured in 'The Flash' Preview

• 52 results
    k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Geoff Johns' favorite Flash villain, Captain Cold, is heading to the CW show! We all know Wentworth Miller landed the role and, next week, we'll get to see how the show handles the character. Also appearing in next week's episode -- which is called "Going Rogue" -- is Emily Bett Rickards' character, Felicity! Will her dynamic with Barry Allen make Iris a little jealous? Or will Barry be too busy dealing with Central City's latest threat? Only time shall tell, but for now, we can enjoy a preview video!

"Going Rogue" airs this Tuesday at 8/7c on The CW. Are you going to watch the new episode? Share your opinions in the comments section below.

JephTheNeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I was hoping for Cold and Heat team up but there will be more episodes im sure for that to happen but I can't wait I love this series so far

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

The Arrow? they're still calling him that?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sweet

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Olicity/Barry is a pairing i can actually see happening :D

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@captainmarvel4ever: yeah, I heard they didn't want to jump right to it, maybe make a reason to change names first

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Gracetrack

@mrnoital: I'd say there's plenty of reason right now. There are already multiple archers running around the city, but he's the only one garbed in green and shooting green-colored arrows. Seems pretty obvious to distinguish him from the others by dubbing him "Green Arrow."

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital: There really doesn't need to be much of a reason, he's an archer who wears green, Green Arrow, that simple.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mrnoital

@omnicrono: Roy's the only one that's still running around, and he hasn't done much

komodo's in jail and the league left

@captainmarvel4ever: yeah, but saying the colour isn't really that important (in my opinion)

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital: It is considering this is a show about "Green Arrow"

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: from an alternate universe

it easy if you think about it like that, especially since he didn't focus on h2h until later

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Olicity/Barry is a pairing i can actually see happening :D

Either that was a typo or you're a lot kinkier than I thought.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital: An alternate universe where Green Arrow isn't called Green Arrow, doesn't sound that great.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: or he just wasn't called it for the first few years of his career cause he was the only archer there for a year or 2

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital: He's been around for awhile and established himself, what's their excuse now?

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital: Didn't Det. Lance already made a joke about psychopaths color coding themselves when Merlyn first came on the scene and they named him the 'Dark Archer'.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Mrnoital

@captainmarvel4ever: yeah he's established himself, but other archers haven't, Merlyn left for a long time, Komodo was around for one episode, and Roy's just getting started, once Roy gets better and noticed more he'll probably have to change

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital: Exactly, he's established himself, meaning he should have his name at the very least.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: don't worry, it'll happen, they just want a reason for the change, especially since the show is called Arrow

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital: They've had plenty of reasons for it to change. I also never said I was worried, I don't watch the show, I just wish they had the decency to call the lead character by his real name.

donttellmymom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This should be good

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Felicity and Captain Cold in one episode. Can't wait to see it!

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

So you're mad that Green Arrow, whose most infamous and well received era in comics has him never being referred to as such, is not referred to as such?

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: lol wow, sorry but that just a huge example of comic fans loving to complain, you don't even watch it yet you firmly state that they need to change it, saying they have reasons to change it without watching the show when in the show there really haven't been real reasons to change names recently

you've made your opinion clear, but you really don't need to post that many times on something you have no investment in

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453
    deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital: Not really, it doesn't seem like much to ask for Green Arrow to be called.... Green Arrow. Also I have every right to complain since this show basically ruined Jeff Lemire's Green Arrow series. If this show just minded it's own business I wouldn't care, but now it seems to be spilling over into things I actually care about.

Also I only posted that many times because you started a conversation.

@mangakid1995 said:

@CaptainMarvel4Ever: if you don't watch the show then why do you care?

I already explained that a few posts ago.

UltimatePower6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

I love how captain cold looked so epic in that tease and the people in the comments are talking about Green Arrow's name...

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Gracetrack

@mrnoital said:

@omnicrono: Roy's the only one that's still running around, and he hasn't done much

komodo's in jail and the league left

@captainmarvel4ever: yeah, but saying the colour isn't really that important (in my opinion)

The point is that there are multiple archers in Star city at any given time. Oliver, Roy, Komodo, Huntress, Merlin, League assassins... take your pick.

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

@jephtheneek: o don't worry Capt Cold Heatwave team is happening and it's even better since they cast Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell as Capt. Cold and Heatwave respetivly.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

I hadn't realized how good at the whole "superhero tech support" thing Felicity has become.

Also, CAPTAIN FREAKING COLD!!!

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Mrnoital

@omnicrono: the only ones that are really there for any real time is Ollie and Roy, and he's called that by the media, I don't think the news even knew the league was in town, and I don't know if they've heard of Roy yet

I'm not saying they shouldn't change it, but there always being extra archers isn't true, most of last season there weren't any, they only came in at that final attack

Saint_Talker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yaaaaaay! Captain Cold!!!!

Boooooo!!! Felicity!!!!! Boo!

modunhanul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain Cold!!!!!!

laabitres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cold looks baddas

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This Felicity sh!t is annoying. She needs to die.

Maki_P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#38  Edited By Maki_P

*unintelligible fangirl squee*

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice. I loved the easter egg hints in last show with "It's not like I want a Museum" lol

And Kaitlen "Ronnie used to say we were Fire & Ice" lol

Can't wait for CC!

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

@mrnoital: Not really. I don't watch the show. On occasions I will though not regularly. I do agree with @captainmarvel4ever though. Why not call him Green Arrow? It isn't really him bitching about the show its more bitching that Green Arrow isn't even called Green Arrow. I mean it really does make sense. It is season 3. I think he is kinda established by now.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital: Not really. I don't watch the show. On occasions I will though not regularly. I do agree with @captainmarvel4ever though. Why not call him Green Arrow? It isn't really him bitching about the show its more bitching that Green Arrow isn't even called Green Arrow. I mean it really does make sense. It is season 3. I think he is kinda established by now.

^This gut knows what's up

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Gracetrack

@mrnoital: I was speaking of the current situation. Last season is neither here nor there anymore. Currently, there are at least two archers running around pretty much at all times now (Ollie and Roy), and with the media knowing of Komodo and Huntress (crossbow), and Merlin sure to be returning to the city this season, not to mention we still don't know who killed Sarah (so there's another unnamed archer out there right now)... yes, I think there are plenty of archers and reasons within the show for a name change to Green Arrow right now, if not very soon (by the end of this season).

This is beside the fact that it is now season 3 (as some here have mentioned), and time is slowing ticking for the show's creators to give him his proper name (these series typically only run about 7 seasons.) Personally, I don't want to see him going half the series without his proper name, let alone not receiving it until the end of the series (heaven forbid).

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omnicrono: huntress hasn't been around for a long time, and Roy's been around for like a week and barely does stuff, for the first 2 episodes he was around for 1 fight, then Ollie did the rest

and komodo was around for like 2 days then gets arrested, and the "dark archer"hasn't shown up in years, so even if there are other archer types, they are barely ever seen, and not by enough people that the media decides to change it

over the last 2 years there's been one archer protecting the city, and unconfirmed reports of a sidekick

once Roy gets to do some more stuff and actually gets a name, he'll probably change

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Gracetrack

@mrnoital: The media knowing (or not knowing) isn't entirely the issue. If the SCPD knows... and they know of Huntress, Komodo, and Merlin (the dark archer, season one)... and a chunk of the criminal element in the city knows, then that is more than sufficient. Furthermore, I think it was assumed that Roy (as an archer) had been running with Ollie much longer than a couple of weeks. Unless the time has been clearly stated in an interview somewhere, I should think it would be more like a couple of months (or a month at least), considering that they were already operating as a well-oiled machine in episode one of the new season and Roy was already fully garbed in his archer costume. Of course, I could be wrong about that, but it seems a little more feasible to me than two weeks. Finally, how could a "sufficient" amount of people in the city not know of these things? How could they not know about a group of assassin archers battling it out with a group of Slade's super-powered thugs at the end of season two, for example, regardless of whether the media actually captured it on film? That doesn't make any sense. I should think the word of such events would have spread like wildfire, even if only seen by a handful of witnesses.

At the very least, the SCPD should be referring to him as Green Arrow by this point, which in turn would be enough to get the ball rolling on everyone else referring to him as such by the end of this season.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omnicrono: they're obviously going to make a big deal about his name changing, even if they were working together the entire time they said Thea was gone, then Roy's been out for a long time but he still doesn't do much each time, first episode he punches one guy and shoots out tires, I don't know if the 2 were even seen together, but I wouldn't want to come back to start a new season and all of a sudden their names are changed anyways, its going to happen, I just don't think they need to force the name so fast

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Gracetrack

@mrnoital: I understand what you're saying, but that's the thing... I don't think it would be forcing it at all at this point. Again, just about everybody already knows that he's a green clad vigilante hero who fires green arrows. He's been that way from season one, episode one. The viewers know it. The people in the show know it.

This is on top of everything else I've already said. There's no need to drag out the big "name reveal" any longer. It needs to happen this season.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omnicrono: it probably will happen this season, but nothing "needs" to happen, adding Green to his name doesn't add anything to the story

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Gracetrack

@mrnoital said:

it probably will happen this season, but nothing "needs" to happen, adding Green to his name doesn't add anything to the story

It's not the story of some guy named "The Arrow". It's the story of Green Arrow, the comic book superhero who has been around since 1941 and has an incredibly big fanbase. So yes, I'd say it "needs" to happen. "Green Arrow" is his name, not "The Arrow."

Juke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Cold :)

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omnicrono: an incredibly big fanbase, yet only gets an average of about 2 million people watching the show

you don't have to try and educate me on any of this, it's really fine if his name isn't the same, since his character isn't the same, he's not politically motivated or making any real jokes yet, he's still growing into the full character

I'm not saying they shouldn't change it, but there really isn't any real need to do it besides what you want

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.