inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

No Caption Provided
    The Reverse-Flash Task Force (RFTF) has accused Barry "The Flash" Allen of murdering Mirror Monarch (a futuristic version of Mirror Master), and Flash must do what he can to prove his innocence. 

The Good

What isn't good about this comic? Where to start. Francis Manapul, once again, has hit a home run with his artwork. I feel that his style fits the Barry Allen character better than any of the other books he does, and I also love how he draws the rogues. The story is incredibly entertaining. Rogues from the future are busting Barry for a crime he supposedly commits in the future, and in addition to that, Barry has some detective work on the side he needs to accomplish. This book balances Barry Allen's life and the Flash's life so well, and it's only the second issue. I sped through this issue, but the thing is, there's a lot of dialogue in it. I was completely engrossed in everything that was going on in here to a point that I lost track of the outside world. I could have been hit by a car and not noticed.

The Bad

I want more and I want it now. I wish I was part of the RFTF, so I could go into the future and get the next issue.

The Verdict - 5/5

Barry Allen is one of my favorite characters, and he's a lot more relevant than a lot of people realize. What are the most popular shows on TV, other than reality shows? Those crime scene investigation shows, and that's the job that Barry has, with a super-hero twist. Whether or not you like those shows, this book ties that job in incredibly well, and maybe I'm a Geoff Johns zombie and I praise his work a little too much (I don't actually think that though), but the writing and storytelling are fun, and I want to have fun reading a comic, don't you? 

PICK OF THE WEEK: Flash Vol. 3 #2

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#1  Edited By Caligula

hell yes great review, and I agree with every single thing you brought up both issues so far in this new flash series are perfect 5's, and further proof as to why Geoff Johns deserves his new position of CCO at DC.

EDIT: Manapul also deserves a pay raise for the art he creates on this series.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @Caligula said:
    " EDIT: Manapul also deserves a pay raise for the art he creates on this series. "
    Him and Johns... who just got a big promotion
    Chane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Chane

It was also the job that Bart was heading towards in his series.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By PrinceIMC

Agreed. Love the art, love the story, love the Renegades.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By sora_thekey

Wow!
    I did not expect for the issue to be this good... totally have to read it now...

iloverobots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By iloverobots

maybe I'm a Geoff Johns zombie and I praise his work a little too much (I don't actually think that though), but the writing and storytelling are fun, and I want to have fun reading a comic, don't you?

I know what you mean. I seem to  pretty much love everything I read from Johns and at time I ask myself if I've just became a fan boy but I don't think so, I'm simply appreciating great writing by Johns over and over again. The Flash Return got me totally hooked on Barry Allen thanks to his writing and this new series is going strong as well. Some people might not like Geoff Johns' writing but it has to be because of personal preferences, nobody can't deny the quality of the stories this guy puts out. 

This issue was no exception. Manapul's art is fantastic as well. Top notch issue all together that easily deserves that 5/5 rating.
    Jordanstine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jordanstine

I wasn't a big Flash fan, but these new Barry Allen stories sound good. 
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By danhimself

Manapul and Johns go together so well...I just love both of these guys' work so much....so much that I'm going to go a head and say that issue 3 will be a 5/5 as well

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @iloverobots said:
    "

maybe I'm a Geoff Johns zombie and I praise his work a little too much (I don't actually think that though), but the writing and storytelling are fun, and I want to have fun reading a comic, don't you?

I know what you mean. I seem to  pretty much love everything I read from Johns and at time I ask myself if I've just became a fan boy but I don't think so, I'm simply appreciating great writing by Johns over and over again. The Flash Return got me totally hooked on Barry Allen thanks to his writing and this new series is going strong as well. Some people might not like Geoff Johns' writing but it has to be because of personal preferences, nobody can't deny the quality of the stories this guy puts out.  This issue was no exception. Manapul's art is fantastic as well. Top notch issue all together that easily deserves that 5/5 rating. "
    I actually just remembered, I wasn't the biggest fan of Flash Rebirth, but maybe I need to reread it
    Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Theodore

Can't wait to read this.

Lustwish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Lustwish

If you've been a Flash fan as long as I have, like many others, you wouldn't be surprised with the work of Johns and Manapul.  Its good to see that many like the title and are in support of the Flash.  What I don't appreciate and pardon my opinion, all those who bailed and left the Flash yesterday, a while back, and many moons ago and lost faith in his books.  Too all those who bailed and left him behind, In your face!  To all those who stayed and newcomers, welcome to the Speedforce boys and girls. 

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By danhimself
    @inferiorego said:
    " @iloverobots said:
    "

I know what you mean. I seem to  pretty much love everything I read from Johns and at time I ask myself if I've just became a fan boy but I don't think so, I'm simply appreciating great writing by Johns over and over again. The Flash Return got me totally hooked on Barry Allen thanks to his writing and this new series is going strong as well. Some people might not like Geoff Johns' writing but it has to be because of personal preferences, nobody can't deny the quality of the stories this guy puts out.  This issue was no exception. Manapul's art is fantastic as well. Top notch issue all together that easily deserves that 5/5 rating. "
    I actually just remembered, I wasn't the biggest fan of Flash Rebirth, but maybe I need to reread it "
    there was a lot of time between issues and I think that may be the reason why I might not have cared for it....I'll probably rereading it soon as well
    NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By NightFang3

I wasn't expecting this issue too be good but it blow me away!

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MKF30

I just got issue one, have to get issue two now!

Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Theodore
    @MKF30 said:
    "

I just got issue one, have to get issue two now!

"
    its awesome!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.