funrush's The Flash #1 - The Flash review

One of Dc's fastest comes to the New 52 with great speed!

Story

To put it in short, the story is pretty good. We have an introduction to Barry, The Flash, we have an action packed scene with some masked gunman, a sort of mystery pertaining to one of the gunmen, a reunion, a chase scene, and a huge cliffhanger. Francis Manapul did a good job with this one.

Art

The art is good. It kind of fits the whole sciency nature of the Flash. Brian Buccellato did a good job with the coloring. I also like how everything seems... sort of modern. It just works.

The Good

• The Story
  • The Art
  • Some Characters are somewhat memorable

The Bad

• Some characters weren't memorable

Pick this up. It's got a good story, good art, and good characters. It is a fun experience and a great read.

Other reviews for The Flash #1 - The Flash

"We're Always Running From Something" 0

Synopsis   The Flash is back! However, what will happen when he is attacked by the terrorists known as Mob Rule? The Good   I'm going to start with the art (which is what I tend to notice first anyway) and I certainly approve! I did briefly read parts of the previous series, so I'm aware of how Francis Manapul's pencilling work looks. I like how he works, his style alongside Brian Buccellato's colours give the interiors a great sort of "pastel" look, it honestly looks like watercolour painting m...

Flash in the Pan 0

Barry Allen and Iris West are not married. They are not even dating. This is an important part of the issue - especially for the Flash who was being berated by Iris for most of his adult life. I understand that the new initiative hopes to rope in younger readers, but not every hero needs to be Spider-man.I bring this up because of questions it raises for Wally West. If he hasn't been wiped out of continuity altogether, is he still married? Does he have kids? Are we to understand that Kid Flash g...