Who is your favorite Doctor who enemy?

Posted by mightypug78 (346 posts) 1 year, 5 months ago

Poll: Who is your favorite Doctor who enemy? (21 votes)

A) The Master 29%
B) Cyber Men 0%
C) The Daleks 14%
D) The Weeping Angels 43%
E) The Captain from The Pirate Planet 0%
F) Davros 5%
G) Fenric 0%
H) Omega 0%
I)Sontarans 5%
J) Scaroth 0%
K) Autons 0%
L) Sutekh the Destroyer 5%
M) Rotans 0%

Sorry if i forgot someone. :P

#1 Posted by mightypug78 (346 posts) - - Show Bio

don't be afraid to vote! :D i want to see who people like the most or have the best memories of. XD

#2 Posted by The_Tree (7456 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Weeping Angels the most, followed by the Master, then Daleks.

#3 Posted by mightypug78 (346 posts) - - Show Bio

shouldve added the drashig to the list.

#4 Edited by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

#5 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

his name isnt doctor who. when will people learn this!!!

#6 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7817 posts) - - Show Bio

Sontarans, followed by The Master.

#7 Edited by Doctorholmes241 (71 posts) - - Show Bio

Master, Daleks, Sonatrians

#8 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

Angles and Cybermen

Oh and the Doctor himself.

#9 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33365 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by Lvenger (19870 posts) - - Show Bio

The Master. Every hero needs a Moriarty or Captain Hook esque enemy to act as their ultimate foil. The challenge they serve to the hero is compounded by similarities/differences between the hero and villain. And this always makes for the most captivating antagonism.

#11 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33365 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Why do people like the weeping angels so much? I mean I know there creepy but... meh.

#12 Posted by Lvenger (19870 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Why do people like the weeping angels so much? I mean I know there creepy but... meh.

I think it's because of the scare factor that you never know when they'll next move or when the victim will blink next. Kinda like a horror movie antagonist I think. I like them but they aren't my favourite Doctor Who villain by far.

#13 Edited by Frozen (13217 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: The latest Master actor is garbage. Ian Mckellen should be The Master.

#14 Posted by Lvenger (19870 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen said:

@lvenger: The latest Master actor is garbage. Ian Mckellen should be The Master.

Woah woah you didn't like John Simms as The Master?

He was the latest Master after all. Everyone loved what he brought to the role.

#15 Posted by Experio (15967 posts) - - Show Bio

The Master

#16 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33365 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

I think it's because of the scare factor that you never know when they'll next move or when the victim will blink next. Kinda like a horror movie antagonist I think. I like them but they aren't my favourite Doctor Who villain by far.

Yea but there is no depth to them :\

#17 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Yea but there is no depth to them :\

They don't always need depth, it just scares you because you can't see it coming.

#18 Posted by Lvenger (19870 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: I agree to an extent but it can be said that the Weeping Angels have no overall goal as villains on the show. That's their downfall IMO. Though the episode where they ended Rory and Amy's involvement in Doctor Who was pretty damn scary.

#19 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@theacidskull: I agree to an extent but it can be said that the Weeping Angels have no overall goal as villains on the show. That's their downfall IMO. Though the episode where they ended Rory and Amy's involvement in Doctor Who was pretty damn scary.

Angles Take Manhatten? that was actually one of the worst of episodes from DW, though Arthurs and Gillens performance was as always amazing.

And I wouldn't go as far to say that they have no point, sure the don't convey much, unlike the cybermen who represent the death of humanity and imagination, but they serve a different purpose entirely. Their main goal, or idea is to play on human weaknesses, it's the subtle, patient approach that really scares the living hell out of people. Plus the fact that they are initially beautifully carved and pleasing to the eye kinda makes them more scary when they go in to their kill mode.

Not to mention the fact that their powers are truly unique and they are excellent predators. Realistically there isn't much you can do against them, not like you can keep your eyes open forever right? And You can't visibly hurt then quick enough for them to be stopped. You turn your back, and X_X

#20 Posted by JwwProd (9460 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the Daleks/Davros the most with either the Master or Cybermen in second place.

I like the Autons, Sontarans & the Angels as well.

#21 Edited by MaccyD (4053 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes! You added Sutekh to the list! He is by far one of the most diabolical and powerful foes the doctor has faced and probably one of the few times where he genuinely feared his enemy. Course, I don't expect him to win as he's a classic doctor who villain.My runners up would be Fenric, Omega or the Cybermen.

#22 Edited by Ditto_Ditto (58 posts) - - Show Bio

:( my favourite is the silence

#23 Posted by TheDandyMan (81 posts) - - Show Bio

It's difficult, I'll have probably changed my mind in a few weeks but at the moment I'm saying the Master. He's what Black Adam is to Shazam, what Venom is to Spiderman, etc. However, some of my favourite villains have only been in an episode or two: the Beast, the Krillitane and so on.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.