Follow

The Doctor

Character » The Doctor appears in 2191 issues.

A super-intelligent alien Time Lord from the planet Gallifrey, the Doctor travels throughout time and space, adventuring and righting wrongs with his/her companions.

What does the Doctor who series...

Conspiralcy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Conspiralcy

What does the Doctor who series... have to do with Torchwood? How are they connected? Does the Doctor ever make an appearance?

Holacik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Holacik
    Conspiralcy said:
    "What does the Doctor who series... have to do with Torchwood? How are they connected? Does the Doctor ever make an appearance?

"
    No, he hasn't.  Martha Jones was on three eps though.  Captain Jack is a former companion of the Doc(he did 8 eps of who) and Tashiko(SP?) met the Doctor before during Aliens of London, she was the medical examiner.
    Conspiralcy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Conspiralcy
    Holacik said:
    "Conspiralcy said:
    "What does the Doctor who series... have to do with Torchwood? How are they connected? Does the Doctor ever make an appearance?

"
    No, he hasn't.  Martha Jones was on three eps though.  Captain Jack is a former companion of the Doc(he did 8 eps of who) and Tashiko(SP?) met the Doctor before during Aliens of London, she was the medical examiner.
    "
    So there is a chance of him appearing..eventually, right?
    Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Methos
    Conspiralcy said:

Torchwood started after season 2 of Doctor who...

it then ran for a full season during the break between season 3 and 4 of Doctor Who where it linked up again with Doctor Who at the end of the third season.

the plotlines aren't interwined as such but they do link and have elements from both TV shows in them, for example The Rift in Torchwood was first seen in Doctor Who season 1 and then mentioned several times throughout the series, as most of the aliens in Torchwood have.

Captain Jack, the main character in Torchwood, will soon be joined by Martha Jones and Micky Smith, both from Doctor Who along with The Doctor's Daughter (Rumored for at least 5 episodes) while Captain Jack will make numerous apperances in Doctor Who...

it's like Buffy and Angel, different stories set in the same universe that crossover periodically

M
    Conspiralcy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Conspiralcy
    Methos said:
    "Conspiralcy said:

it then ran for a full season during the break between season 3 and 4 of Doctor Who where it linked up again with Doctor Who at the end of the third season.

the plotlines aren't interwined as such but they do link and have elements from both TV shows in them, for example The Rift in Torchwood was first seen in Doctor Who season 1 and then mentioned several times throughout the series, as most of the aliens in Torchwood have.

Captain Jack, the main character in Torchwood, will soon be joined by Martha Jones and Micky Smith, both from Doctor Who along with The Doctor's Daughter (Rumored for at least 5 episodes) while Captain Jack will make numerous apperances in Doctor Who...

it's like Buffy and Angel, different stories set in the same universe that crossover periodically

M
    "
    I had no idea the Doctor had a daughter. Haha I haven't seen the show since season 2, and I'm catching up by watching them online.

I'm not a fan of Buffy or Angel, so I wouldn't know haha.

I just saw the most recent episode of Season 4 recently called Midnight, and I'm still trying to figure out what happened to Rose Tyler. I don't like the new girl as much, though. :S
    Holacik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Holacik
    Conspiralcy said:
    "Methos said:
    "Conspiralcy said:

M
    "
    I had no idea the Doctor had a daughter. Haha I haven't seen the show since season 2, and I'm catching up by watching them online.

I'm not a fan of Buffy or Angel, so I wouldn't know haha.

I just saw the most recent episode of Season 4 recently called Midnight, and I'm still trying to figure out what happened to Rose Tyler. I don't like the new girl as much, though. :S
    "
    It's not so much his daughter as I genetic replica of his DNA.  She's like a watered down clone.  She too can regenerate but she doesn't change like The Doctor.   As for Rose, she got stranded in an alternate universe after  Doomsday, I believe or whatever the season 2 finale was called.  Midnight was awesome BTW, and if you can find it Blink from season 3 is one of the best eps of Doctor who, watch it. 
    King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By King_Saturn
    Hmm...very interesting.  Doctor Who is an awesome show

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.