Follow

The Doctor

Character » The Doctor appears in 2191 issues.

A super-intelligent alien Time Lord from the planet Gallifrey, the Doctor travels throughout time and space, adventuring and righting wrongs with his/her companions.

The Doctor's Age....

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Constantine

I'm a bit confused about his age...... how old is he supposed to be?

Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Precise

Well, this was at the bottom of his page:

"The Seventh Doctor gives his age as 953 years, The later revival of the series, however, has contradicted the age given by the Seventh Doctor by establishing the Ninth Doctor as 900 years old, with the Tenth Doctor stating his exact age as 903 in Voyage of the Damned."

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @Precise said:
    " Well, this was at the bottom of his page:

"The Seventh Doctor gives his age as 953 years, The later revival of the series, however, has contradicted the age given by the Seventh Doctor by establishing the Ninth Doctor as 900 years old, with the Tenth Doctor stating his exact age as 903 in Voyage of the Damned." "
    Colin Baker during Revelation of the Daleks states he is 953 years old. That's the episode it refers to.
    Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Constantine

I thought he was supposed to be 1050

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Satyrquaze

He probably lies about his age sometimes. The Seventh Doctor wasn't always the most honest chap.
    G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By G'bandit

Isn't this dude like immortal and can regenerate and reborn and stuff? Wouldn't that make his age, like, not matter?

Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Moomin123

He's 903 years old.
    Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By Methos
    @Moomin123 said:

" He's 903 years old. "

He's way older than that...

The Doctor has changed his age so many times it's ridiculous... even i can't keep track any more because of the changing timelines and how he lives his life...

The sixth Doctor traveled for over 50 years during and after The Trial of a Time Lord. In Time and the Rani the seventh Doctor gives his age as 953. The third Doctor twice indicated that he'd been around for several thousand years during the Silurians and The Mind of Evil.

Just mark him down as Ancient... possible so old that he's more than likely forgotten how old he is... all the matters is what regeneration he is on lol

M
    The Baron*

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By The Baron*
    @Moomin123 said:
    " He's 903 years old. "
    0_o you know who Doctor Who is Right?
    Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By Methos
    @The Baron* said:
    " @Moomin123 said:
    " He's 903 years old. "
    0_o you know who Doctor Who is Right? "
    it's a fair comment...

the 9th Doctor said himself that he was only 903 years old just after Rose' mom slapped him...

Also, his name isn't Doctor Who... his name is The Doctor... Doctor Who is the name of the franchise and a play on the way everyone asks for his full name when he replies "I'm The Doctor..." to which they reply... "Doctor? Doctor Who?"

M
    Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
    .Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

@Methos said:
    " @The Baron* said:
    " @Moomin123 said:
    " He's 903 years old. "
    it's a fair comment...

the 9th Doctor said himself that he was only 903 years old just after Rose' mom slapped him...

Also, his name isn't Doctor Who... his name is The Doctor... Doctor Who is the name of the franchise and a play on the way everyone asks for his full name when he replies "I'm The Doctor..." to which they reply... "Doctor? Doctor Who?"  M "
    I thought no one knew his actual name
    Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Constantine
    @.Mistress Redhead. said:
    " @Methos said:
    " @The Baron* said:
    " @Moomin123 said:
    " He's 903 years old. "
    it's a fair comment...

Also, his name isn't Doctor Who... his name is The Doctor... Doctor Who is the name of the franchise and a play on the way everyone asks for his full name when he replies "I'm The Doctor..." to which they reply... "Doctor? Doctor Who?"  M "
    I thought no one knew his actual name "
    River Song does
    tardis11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By tardis11

the doctor  is 1139 years he claimed 900 years of spacetime travel and that he was 236 years old when he stole the tardis end of discussion   

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#14  Edited By Omega Ray Jay
    @tardis11 said:

" the doctor  is 1139 years he claimed 900 years of spacetime travel and that he was 236 years old when he stole the tardis end of discussion    "

Thanks for that Russell ;)
    Staticoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Staticoss

the doctor is pretty old but the oldest being in all the universe. the others older than him would be the beast, the weeping angels, and the face of boe, his name is not known but he chose the title of Doctor, as the master chose his, the rani chose hers and the monk chose his.
    Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Constantine
    @tardis11 said:

" the doctor  is 1139 years he claimed 900 years of spacetime travel and that he was 236 years old when he stole the tardis end of discussion    "

actually in the titanic episode he says he is 903 years old, rather than traveling that long
    OldIdiotAccount

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#17  Edited By OldIdiotAccount

34567234567123456701234567,123456789234567893456789456789567896789789899012345678901431151144.11111111111111211111111111111111222222222222222222232222222222222222233333333333334333333333333334444444444454444444445. LOL.

Random Bucket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By Random Bucket
    @Methos said:
    " @The Baron* said:
    " @Moomin123 said:
    " He's 903 years old. "
    it's a fair comment...

doctor who doctor sues's evil twin brother who no one knows about except for me and everyone who's reading my post
    Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Constantine

I just thought it was a bit stupid rebooting his age in the new 2005 series (I don't mind 900 has a ring to it) as the eighth doctor was in his thousands, I got a bit confused and was curious if he has a settled age and I assume they want to keep it at 905.

I'm also quite baffled at the lack of survival the new doctors have, in the first series back in the 60's the doctor was simply 100-200, he was not already 850, and he gained another 100 years of wisdom with each new life making him 900 by the ninth (originally 1000 and something), and as the we first see the ninth doctor freshly regenerated that means he only had one year of life with that regeneration, which is formidable as his death was a satisfying episode (as in I enjoyed it rather than seeing Eccleston leave) but then the tenth regeneration only lived four years which just seems a bit dull to me as it takes out some mystery, meaning we saw his whole life in that body (or most of it) he could have at least added on a few years between companions, or at least when he went solo and traveled around on his own for a while it could have been nice if there were a few years we didn't know about which could even have stories involved that could later be expanded upon. I hope with Smith and Moffat an ol' who fan that he will start ageing again, especially as out of all the docs the latest three look like they could hold their own the most. Who knows maybe doc lies about his age anyway.

Hunter114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By Hunter114

It seems most likely that when Russel T Davis was devising the reboot, he couldn't find any concensus on the Doctor's age, so he just started a new canon of calling him 900. I suspect that his age will continue progressively from there.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.