Follow

The Doctor

Character » The Doctor appears in 2191 issues.

A super-intelligent alien Time Lord from the planet Gallifrey, the Doctor travels throughout time and space, adventuring and righting wrongs with his/her companions.

The 11th Doctor Trailer: Geronimo!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#1  Edited By xerox_kitty

Well, it's over for David Tennant, but not for the Doctor.  So here's a little something you can expect from Matt Smith.... Trust him, he's The Doctor! 

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Darkchild

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Dammit i like him.

DO NOT like the new logo tho, but still cant wait for spring.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By John Valentine

Tonight's episode was so-so. The new Doctor looks really, really odd and his intro was just crap.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

It's all going a bit Peter Davidson, but thats cool. Just got to wait and see now.

eleventhdr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By eleventhdr

to quote yet once more a now aging but rememberable quote most fancinating especially  thta bit part where matt the new eleventh doctor is using a conventioal earth gun now what and where how doe th\at all firt in i think it has been some time since the Doctor has used an earth weapon a earth gun hmmm right where to next!? 

Jay The Eleventhdr
    Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
    .Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

I loved CE and was adamant that no one could replace him then was beyond pleasantly surprised that DT was fan freaking best doctor ever tastic.. 

so i have my reservations bout this one but we will see...

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @eleventhdr said:

"the new eleventh doctor is using a conventioal earth gun now what and where how doe th\at all firt in i think it has been some time since the Doctor has used an earth weapon a earth gun hmmm right where to next!?"

Yes, they certainly make sure we see him pointing a gun... Maybe this new Doctor will work more with UNIT?  Or maybe he doesn't have the heart to actually shoot someone... just something

@.Mistress Redhead. said:

" I loved CE and was adamant that no one could replace him then was beyond pleasantly surprised that DT was fan freaking best doctor ever tastic..  so i have my reservations bout this one but we will see... "

TBH, I have no love for the 9th Doctor.  He was whiney & smarmy, and I just couldn't warm to him.  Even now, the only first series episodes on my iPod are the Empty Child & Doctor Dances (purely because they're genius & creepy story-telling). 

Mind you, I'm such a freak.  I was so happy just to see the little baby Adipose walking across the bar... 

And I never expected to see the Weeping Angels back so soon.  Looking forward to that :)
    Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8  Edited By Final Arrow
    @John Valentine said:
    " Tonight's episode was so-so. The new Doctor looks really, really odd and his intro was just crap. "
    So agreed on so many levels, DT did not need that much of a good bye and MS -_- im just going to cross my fingers and hope
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Final Arrow said:
    " @John Valentine said:
    " Tonight's episode was so-so. The new Doctor looks really, really odd and his intro was just crap. "
    So agreed on so many levels, DT did not need that much of a good bye and MS -_- im just going to cross my fingers and hope "
    They really rushed through to finish the Time Lord plot, just to spend half an hour saying goodbye.  All it lacked was a group of crying hobbits. 

But it was clear they were saying goodbye to the 9th & 10th Doctors' companions.  So I doubt we'll see any of them any time soon :(
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By AngelFrost

Woooooooo!
    Can't wait. :D

The new Doctor is soooo hot.
    I love him already.

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11  Edited By Final Arrow
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " @Final Arrow said:
    " @John Valentine said:
    So agreed on so many levels, DT did not need that much of a good bye and MS -_- im just going to cross my fingers and hope "
    They really rushed through to finish the Time Lord plot, just to spend half an hour saying goodbye.  All it lacked was a group of crying hobbits.  But it was clear they were saying goodbye to the 9th & 10th Doctors' companions.  So I doubt we'll see any of them any time soon :( "
    I know a little sad about that, but everyone seems to forget that there is in fact another tenth doctor out there..... But as Tennant said he is never coming back it may never be explored which is sad. I hated how they managed to end the whole time lords coming back in under ten mins :( but hell we are Doctor Who fans when are we ever really happy XD.
    eleventhdr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By eleventhdr

yes but in the new latest eleventh doctor video he is showing actula firing the gun it actual goes off when he is firing it so it kind of takes me all the way bakc to Pertwees doctor and how he played he strandeed on earth he becmae kind of james bondish with a lot of very cool gadgets and cars and all of that kind of lot if and when you haved watched pertwee at all then you wil know what i mean if and when you have not and or you have not rewathed it for quite some time please d go back and do os or watch his ep's for the frist time you just might be very pleasently surprised how pertwee played the doctor!
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Final Arrow said:
    "But as Tennant said he is never coming back it may never be explored which is sad. I hated how they managed to end the whole time lords coming back in under ten mins :( but hell we are Doctor Who fans when are we ever really happy XD. "
    Ha ha... I can't believe that Mr David "I'm the UBER Whovian" Tennant will never come back.  I'm sure that there'll be some sort of Five Doctors style reunion (with whichever actors are still living & willing at the time ;) 

@eleventhdr said:
    " yes but in the new latest eleventh doctor video he is showing actula firing the gun it actual goes off when he is firing it so it kind of takes me all the way bakc to Pertwees doctor and how he played he strandeed on earth he becmae kind of james bondish with a lot of very cool gadgets and cars and all of that kind of lot if and when you haved watched pertwee at all then you wil know what i mean if and when you have not and or you have not rewathed it for quite some time please d go back and do os or watch his ep's for the frist time you just might be very pleasently surprised how pertwee played the doctor! "
      I did grow up with the original Doctor, so thanks for the needless lecture...   like I said:
    "Maybe this new Doctor will work more with UNIT?  Or maybe he doesn't have the heart to actually shoot someone... just something? "
    :p
    timrothsays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By timrothsays

i like his new companion
    she's soooo hot ^^

Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan

I don't like the look of the new doctor in that trailer. :S And I despise the new logo. I'm still on the edge, but I guess I'll just have to wait till later tonight to watch it and find out how much I hate or like the new doctor...
    Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#16  Edited By Darkchild

CE i miss that version of the Doctor. but i intially hated DT, but then grew onto me into becoming one of my favorite Doctors. So maybe MS will do the same

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By gmanfromheck

I posted this in the news to make sure everyone sees it (not trying to step on xerox-kitty's...paws?).  I also included a link showing all the past regenerations.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.