Magic?

#1 Posted by rein (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

From What I've been able to tell magic existed at one point in the Doctor who universe. Supposedly The timelords wiped it out. Can anyone explain How/Why they did this? thanks.

#2 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7909 posts) - - Show Bio

Im not to sure on the details but as far as i can remember its all science based but the earlyer years might be diffrent.

#3 Posted by rein (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#4 Posted by BattleHeiz (642 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't forget about fairys from torchwood they also were using magic

#5 Posted by Constantine (16059 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they're is magic but the doctor wishes to dismiss it... I also think that it's all science based, like in tooth and claw he loves the werewolf, which changes form thanks to lunar exposal, and in shakespeare code he says that humans seek numbers for power when the witches race seeked words

#6 Posted by Do I have to give a name? (971 posts) - - Show Bio

I've heard the same thing, but I don't really know many details of it. From what I can gather though, the "magic" that we see in episodes now is just incredibly advanced science. But the magic that the timelords wiped out was magic in the true sense of the word. As for why they did it, I don't really know, but I'd assume that true magic is too much of a wildcard for a species that's trying to conquer the Universe.

#7 Posted by delijoe79 (5 posts) - - Show Bio
@Do I have to give a name?:  In the 1989 episode "Battlefield" the Doctor encounters beings from a parallel universe that use magic... and considering that their magic works that probably means that functional magic does exist in the whoniverse... 
#8 Posted by duns1998 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

magic does exist in the doctor universe or it did before the universe the doctor lives in existed. check this linksfor proof.

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Magic

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Ferutu

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.