Just How Powerful Is He?

#1 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

I've heard a lot about how powerful this guy is and I take people's word for it but can anyone tell me specifically what feats he has performed?

#2 Posted by Darkchild (41429 posts) - - Show Bio

wow im surprized Methos hasnt come on here and told u.

i know very little of the Doctors history

#3 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11268 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkchild says:

"wow im surprized Methos hasnt come on here and told u.i know very little of the Doctors history"

Am guessing it won't be long before he does.

Well i know a tiny bit.

One he can regenrate into a new body, he dying. He has vast amounts of knowlegde about the universe.

#4 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

wanders in

right...

"You know what we were saying? About the Earth revolving? It's like when you're a kid. The first time they tell you that the Earth's turning and you just can't believe it because everything looks like it's standing still. I can feel it: the turn of the Earth. The ground beneath our feet is spinning at a thousand miles an hour. And the entire planet is hurtling around the sun at 67,000 thousand miles an hour and I can feel it. We're falling through space, you and me. Clinging to the skin of this tiny little world and if we let go... that's who I am."

How powerful is he...

physically, normal human male... not at peak levels, just normal, nothing special...

Mentally... thats another question lol

psychically he has the mental abilities to hold a black hole at bay and in one place indefinitely.

limited chronokenisis (He never mastered the ability unlike The Master who can actually stop the rest of reality while he moves around normally.)

cosmic awareness... he can literally feel the universe and interpret it.

intelligence... off the charts smart...

any other questions?

M

#5 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11268 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"***wanders in***right...***"You know what we were saying? About the Earth revolving? It's like when you're a kid. The first time they tell you that the Earth's turning and you just can't believe it because everything looks like it's standing still. I can feel it: the turn of the Earth. The ground beneath our feet is spinning at a thousand miles an hour. And the entire planet is hurtling around the sun at 67,000 thousand miles an hour and I can feel it. We're falling through space, you and me. Clinging to the skin of this tiny little world and if we let go... that's who I am."***How powerful is he...physically, normal human male... not at peak levels, just normal, nothing special...Mentally... thats another question lolpsychically he has the mental abilities to hold a black hole at bay and in one place indefinitely.limited chronokenisis (He never mastered the ability unlike The Master who can actually stop the rest of reality while he moves around normally.)cosmic awareness... he can literally feel the universe and interpret it.intelligence... off the charts smart...any other questions?M"

just 1. who is your favourite Doctor Who?

#6 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

toss up between Peter Davidson and Colin Baker...

they were the Doctor's for me growing up lol

but David Tennant is growing on me :D

M

#7 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11268 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"toss up between Peter Davidson and Colin Baker...they were the Doctor's for me growing up lolbut David Tennant is growing on me :DM"

Peter Davidson was in the last episode wasn't he?

#8 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah... Time Crash was hilarious :D

M

#9 Posted by Buckshot (18678 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"***wanders in***right...***"You know what we were saying? About the Earth revolving? It's like when you're a kid. The first time they tell you that the Earth's turning and you just can't believe it because everything looks like it's standing still. I can feel it: the turn of the Earth. The ground beneath our feet is spinning at a thousand miles an hour. And the entire planet is hurtling around the sun at 67,000 thousand miles an hour and I can feel it. We're falling through space, you and me. Clinging to the skin of this tiny little world and if we let go... that's who I am."***How powerful is he...physically, normal human male... not at peak levels, just normal, nothing special...Mentally... thats another question lolpsychically he has the mental abilities to hold a black hole at bay and in one place indefinitely.limited chronokenisis (He never mastered the ability unlike The Master who can actually stop the rest of reality while he moves around normally.)cosmic awareness... he can literally feel the universe and interpret it.intelligence... off the charts smart...any other questions?M"

From what I've seen in the show (which, since I don't read the comics, is all I have) he doesn't seem that powerful. A threat to any enemy? Yeah, in all kinds of ways, but powerful? Not so much. The "feel the planet" thing, is impressive, but to me that doesn't translate well into power. He can feel it, but can he affect it? Psychically I've seen a little of, but aside from that one black hole thing (not discounting it, just saying that's the only major thing I know of) he doesn't seem like much. Make no mistake, I know he's disgustingly intelligent and that leads to all kinds of things and really does put him ahead of others who might be physically more powerful or have special abilities, I just wouldn't consider him near the top of the list if someone asked me to list powerful characters that I like. And so no one gets the wrong idea, I love the Doctor.

#10 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

im scared stiff of dr who... when i was a kid it was on TV and the same actor for dr who also played the part of worzel gumage the scarecrow and that program gave me nightmares!

#11 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

no, he's not anywhere near the top of the list when it comes to power...

but personally, i think a hero that uses his intelligence over any 'gifts' he may have, makes the story that much more interesting

M

#12 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"he's disgustingly intelligent."

second point... that has to be my new favorite phrase to describe The Doctor lol

M

#13 Posted by Buckshot (18678 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"no, he's not anywhere near the top of the list when it comes to power...but personally, i think a hero that uses his intelligence over any 'gifts' he may have, makes the story that much more interestingM"

Oh, I love the smart characters more than the physically powerful ones (mostly) as well, just sharing my thoughts on the Doctor.

Methos says:

"Buckshot says:
"he's disgustingly intelligent."

second point... that has to be my new favorite phrase to describe The Doctor lol

M"

It's truth!

#14 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah... he is disgustingly smart lol

but i suppose that comes from coming from being linerly over 900... even though his actual 'birth date' was many millenia ago lol, also coming from the most advanced race in the universe has it's advantages :D

M

#15 Posted by Darkchild (41429 posts) - - Show Bio

i have really only seen Chris and the new Doc

i never grew up on real people tv i grew up on cartoons

#16 Posted by cpt_linger (2902 posts) - - Show Bio

WHO IS THIS MAN!?!!

#17 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

cpt_linger says:

"WHO IS THIS MAN!?!!"

He's The Doctor...

no other introduction is needed :D

M

#18 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

cpt_linger says:

"WHO IS THIS MAN!?!!"

Ok, more information is obviously needed...

he's The Doctor, The Oncoming Storm, The Lonely God...

A Time Traveling alien around 900 years old with an IQ in 6 digits lol

typically hates guns, prefers to use his mind to solve problems over brute force and has a penchant for picking up 'strays' on is travels that become 'companions', typically human, though not always, mostly young and female lol

He's been around... he watched the Sol Solar system first form and then strode the earth before the first life crawled out of the oceans... He's been to the end of time and watched entropy collapse the universe to nothingness...

he's the last of his kind, the last great time war erased his people from history, he can never bring them back...

anything else needed?

M

#19 Posted by DragonGateAcer (5400 posts) - - Show Bio

hes powerful because of his intelligence charm and wit

#20 Posted by inferiorego (28274 posts) - - Show Bio

What about during the Sylvester Mycoy era were they hint at the fact that the Doctor is some sort of Deity and had a hand in the creation of the universe.... (the actual story of that was never filmed... because the show was canceled.)

Staff
#21 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

inferiorego says:

"What about during the Sylvester Mycoy era were they hint at the fact that the Doctor is some sort of Deity and had a hand in the creation of the universe.... (the actual story of that was never filmed... because the show was canceled.)"

it's been hinted a hundreds of times and said downright bluntly that The Doctor is "Much more than just a timelord"...

I can find the exact episodes if you want, but of note The Doctor was actually made leader of all of Gallifrey once in accordance with the Treaty of Rassilon, but why he was made leader in opposition to so many others was never made public as the high council on Gallifrey refused to talk about The Doctor's past...

just remember, noone else in the galaxy knows The Doctor's name... not even his own family due to something happening in the extremely distant past which actually erased his name from time... he's the only one that knows it and it's definitely more than a secret... his name has fundamental knowledge about the universe, but he's the only one that knows it's secrets...

M

#22 Posted by Constantine (16059 posts) - - Show Bio

cool

#23 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

powerful enough to summon a mass of fanboys willing to destroy all of Kingdom Come to see his show, apparently

#24 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

oooh impressive

#25 Posted by Dr. Who (7 posts) - - Show Bio

nice....I didn't know he could hold back a black hole

#26 Posted by Last_Guardian (27985 posts) - - Show Bio

ok seriously..but wth can challenge him then? if he's really this powerful...how is there episodes every week that tell of his challenges?

#27 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

obi wan kenobi! says:

"ok seriously..but wth can challenge him then? if he's really this powerful...how is there episodes every week that tell of his challenges?"

he's not that powerful. that black hole thing must be some sort of aberation cause i've seen a show or two and he doesnt seem to be able to do that much besides using his head. but even if he is that powerful, its just like any character... how can toyman be a superman villain? its just writing to make the story interesting.

#28 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"obi wan kenobi! says:
"ok seriously..but wth can challenge him then? if he's really this powerful...how is there episodes every week that tell of his challenges?"

he's not that powerful. that black hole thing must be some sort of aberation cause i've seen a show or two and he doesnt seem to be able to do that much besides using his head. but even if he is that powerful, its just like any character... how can toyman be a superman villain? its just writing to make the story interesting."

because he doesn't... he is limited for some reason... there was a huge storyline during the 4th(5th?) series that showed why he was so limited, but if he wanted to he could remove it...

mainly he just uses his brain, but then again, just look at the enemies he's up against... like the Daleks or the Vash Nashada... put Wolverine or Green Lantern...

would could they do against the Vash Nashada? it would kill them in seconds...

then remember, both him and most of his enemies are masters of time travel, they could easily wipe out the entire DCU in seconds without anyone to stop them...

M

#29 Posted by CitizenSentry (654 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#30 Posted by The_Imperator (1985 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizensentry: Do you have any specific type of feats you are looking for?

#31 Posted by CitizenSentry (654 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by The_Imperator (1985 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizensentry: You bumped a thread about feats that hadn't been active for 6 years, I assumed you wished for some specific feats. Or were you just bumping it to try to restart the conversation?

#33 Posted by CitizenSentry (654 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizensentry: You bumped a thread about feats that hadn't been active for 6 years, I assumed you wished for some specific feats. Or were you just bumping it to try to restart the conversation?

Restart the conversation

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.