Doctor Who Season 6 Teaser Spoilers

Posted by inferiorego (21226 posts) - - Show Bio
Blastr got a hold of a few pages from the upcoming book The Brilliant Book of Doctor Who, which will be in stores today in the UK, and will arrive in the United States on October 19th. The big deal about these pictures is that there are hints and clues to the upcoming season to Doctor Who. Let's break a few of these puppies down.

The Doctor Will Be On Trial - Twice!: First thing that comes to mind is the Colin Baker story line, the Trial of a Time Lord, where a character named The Valeyard puts the Doctor (Colin Baker) on trial for interfering with other civilizations. If you haven't seen this story line and don't want a spoiler, stop reading this section now. It turns out The Valeyard is actually the Doctor from the future, a much darker Doctor might I add, and his plan is to steal Colin Baker's remaining regenerations for himself. Now, being that this is the 11th Doctor, and he has another regeneration in him, this may not be the case, but when I see the words "doctor," "trial," and "twice" pop up in the same sentence, this is the first thing that pops into my head. Maybe the 11th Doctor will be a part of this trial. And although this storyline takes place on Gallifrey, which is no longer around, maybe they'll find a way to bring it back?
 
Scared of the Eye in Space? You Should Be: If you remember last season, there was that creepy floating eye that guarded the prison in space. A creature came through the crack in Amy Pond's wall, form that prison, and the Doctor has to deal with the creepy floating eye. Could this be the floating eye they are referring to? I hope so. Is it a greater threat than we once thought?
 
4 August 1982 - Happy Birthday, Ma'am: Yes, I looked the date up on the internet. Dates are always important in the Doctor Who Universe. On this day, these small events happened in the real world: American architect, Bruce Goff died, Artist David Mach turned books into sculptures, James Malone Rentschler was nominated to be the U.S. Ambassador to Malta, and President Reagan signed an order to do something with motor vehicles. I'm pretty sure none of these have anything to do with this line. It's probably someone's date of birth, but who? My money is on either Rose Tyler, Martha Jones, or Donna "I'm horribly annoying" Noble. My money is on squarely on Martha or Rose.
== TEASER ==
Some Lies Are Too Much for Psychic Paper: It's happened before. The Doctor, or his companion, shows someone the psychic paper, and they see right through it. This time, it could be the whole plot of an episode. But what it the lie? 
 
I Won't Take Calls From THAT Prime Minister: Margaret Thatcher... It's the same guess as Blastr, since Winston Churchill and The Doctor seemingly have a healthish relationship between each other, and Margaret Thatcher is the second most famous P.M. My other guess is that it's Sir Anthony Eden, who followed Churchill's second term. He invaded Egypt. I don't know much about the guy, other than what I read, but he seems a tad scummy. See? Now you got a minor history lesson.
 
How Could a Gallifreyan Stoop So Low?: There's quite a few unaccounted for Time Lords. Sure, the Doctor says his people all died in the Time War, but the Master came back? Could it be the Master? What ever happened to War Chief? (No, I don't believe the War Chief is an early incarnation of the Master) I place all my bets on Susan Foreman, the Doctor's grand-daughter from the first season of the show. She disappeared during the first season, and has only been mentioned a few times since then, including in the third season of the current series.

Margaret! Come Back!: This is why I think "THAT Prime Minister" is Margaret Thatcher. I still can't figure out why the Doctor won't take calls from her though.
 
Susannah's Still Alive: Susan Foreman. Boosh. She hasn't been seen in so long, and the Doctor doesn't know for sure if she's fully dead. So many of us want more Time Lords in the show, and she is the perfect one to bring in. She'd make a great companion too!
 
The Doctor Will Get Married - Twice!: Does this tie-in with the two trials? Who is he marrying? I'm going to throw out Rose Tyler as one, and he ends up at Amy Pond's wedding, or did her wedding already happen? Sadly, I doubt Rose is coming back. This is just a shot in the dark.
 
Beware of the Kites: I've always wanted to write or say that. I have a feeling that this will be pretty funny. Killer kites! At least, I hope so.
 
They'll Have to Get a New Name for Thanksgiving: I don't know if the English have a Thanksgiving. Americans and Canadians do though. Chances are, the Doctor is going back to American Thanksgiving and finds out there's some twisted alien plot involved. I love that idea, if it really is an idea.
 
Pay Attention - It's Not Really Her: Three women have been repeatedly mentioned thus far in this little run down: Rose Tyler, Margaret Thatcher, and Susan Foreman. Now, that doesn't mean for sure they're in the series, but if they are, that could mean someone, or something, is posing as them. Please don't let it be Susan Foreman. I've been waiting for her return!
 
 
There's a few of the lines broken down. I'm a HUGE Doctor Who fan new and old, and like many of you, I can't wait until the new season starts, especially if the episodes tie-in to the old series. After reviewing all of these, is there anything you think I missed (I know I did, but you guys can have some fun too)? What do you think is going to happen?
 
 
~Mat "InferiorEgo" Elfring is a comedian, teacher, comic book writer, comic store employee, and the 3rd Doctor.
Staff
#1 Posted by Chane (539 posts) - - Show Bio

Good work.

#2 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

This is awesome and seems like a lot to fit in to a season even if it is split in two. Any word on how many episodes there will be?

#3 Posted by Fantasgasmic (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if "Scared of the Eye in Space" refers to the Helix Nebula (also known as the God's Eye Nebula) 
 Rose isn't coming back. Davis/Moffatt made that pretty clear when they passed the torch. 
I wonder if one of the Doctor's weddings will be to Susan's grandmother/mother  
Interesting that they said " How could a  Gallifreyan stoop so low" not "how could a Time Lord stoop so low" maybe there will be a story about someone who left Gallifrey before the Time Lord civilization arose. 
 I'm really excited to find out which of these is the episode Neil Gaiman wrote

#4 Posted by inferiorego (21226 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC said:
" This is awesome and seems like a lot to fit in to a season even if it is split in two. Any word on how many episodes there will be? "
Around Easter, we'll get 7. Then the rest of the season (number unknown) in the fall, and then the xmas special. I'm thinking about 14 or 15 episodes.
Details here.
Staff
#5 Posted by inferiorego (21226 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fantasgasmic said:

 Rose isn't coming back. Davis/Moffatt made that pretty clear when they passed the torch. 
I wonder if one of the Doctor's weddings will be to Susan's grandmother/mother  
Interesting that they said " How could a  Gallifreyan stoop so low" not "how could a Time Lord stoop so low" maybe there will be a story about someone who left Gallifrey before the Time Lord civilization arose. 
"
As to Rose, I know Moffatt said no Rose, but one can hope. 
Nice point on Susan's Grandmother! I never even thought of that!
Another great point on the Gallifreyan/Time Lord teaser.
Staff
#6 Posted by leokearon (1759 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC said:
"This is awesome and seems like a lot to fit in to a season even if it is split in two. Any word on how many episodes there will be?"

it will still be 13 episodes 
 
The Doctor's marriage could be a mention to River Song
#7 Posted by EisforExtinction (1909 posts) - - Show Bio

I watched the trailer for the Christmas Special. I am not optimistic.

#8 Posted by xscarletkittie (594 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been wanting to see Susan Foreman come back into the show since I learned about her! I really do hope they bring her back, there is so much potential there.

#9 Posted by Chicago_Bruce (81 posts) - - Show Bio

Well done breaking it all down.
 
All I can say is, who knows. Still have to wait some time before we find out.

#10 Posted by JayUK (100 posts) - - Show Bio

Be interesting to go back to this news article next year and see how close (or far) Inferiorego got .

#11 Posted by Doctor!!!!! (2055 posts) - - Show Bio

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH 
DOCTOR WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
What Adventures he wil have!
#12 Posted by CaptainUseless (730 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hope the Doctor's granddaughter is in it.

#13 Posted by Northman (6 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope it's done well.

#14 Posted by crowncoke (206 posts) - - Show Bio

The date probably will not have anything to do with Martha since she is on Law & Order UK.   And there are other  Gallifreyans other than the Dr's Granddaughter (not to mention is partial clone daughter- who is the Daughter of a former Dr), there is the Mad Monk and others that have been mentioned, and seen in past incarnations.  As for the Dr getting married, we know he marries River (and that also fits with the River in the Forest clue).  As for 3 women mentioned... i see River being more active character soon.  Remember she is living an opposite time stream than the Dr (she mentions it).
#15 Posted by Fantasgasmic (1071 posts) - - Show Bio
@leokearon said: 
it will still be 13 episodes  The Doctor's marriage could be a mention to River Song "
I totally forgot about River Song. just hope they don't try to make River Susan's grandmother.
#16 Posted by Beyond your Doom (51 posts) - - Show Bio
@leokearon: Their will be 13 however the series will be split in half, 7 episodes in fall leading up to a "game changing cliffhanger", 6 episodes in the spring, and the Christmas special so we will never be more then a few months away from a new doctor who.
#17 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

argonite? sounds like a supermanish story

#18 Posted by Chane (539 posts) - - Show Bio
@EisforExtinction: There's a trailer for the xmas special?
#19 Posted by BigChief (17 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just glad they're bringing back Amy Pond. She was half the reason I watched last season.

#20 Posted by inferiorego (21226 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fantasgasmic said:
" @leokearon said: 
it will still be 13 episodes  The Doctor's marriage could be a mention to River Song "
I totally forgot about River Song. just hope they don't try to make River Susan's grandmother. "
I try to forget about her... I'm not a fan
Staff
#21 Posted by PoolStroke (11 posts) - - Show Bio

I do not like River Song. I hope she only appears in a few episodes. 
Last season was great, except for any River scenes, so I am eagerly awaiting the new season.

#22 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

  @inferiorego:

  a few looks at the christmas special but it's mostly shows that will be airing on the BBC also the 2 previous Doctors are staring in two new shows, and i think the christman special will be about Charles Dickens
#23 Posted by Kamen Rider Kajiki (1388 posts) - - Show Bio

 @inferiorego said:

"Pay Attention - It's Not Really Her: Three women have been repeatedly mentioned thus far in this little run down: Rose Tyler, Margaret Thatcher, and Susan Foreman. Now, that doesn't mean for sure they're in the series, but if they are, that could mean someone, or something, is posing as them. Please don't let it be Susan Foreman. I've been waiting for her return!   There's a few of the lines broken down.''

 Its just major speculation at the moment but it could be referring to Jo Grant who is set to appear in the Sarah Jane Adventures. Its easy to imagine that if she appears in one show she could easily return to the other ^^ 
lol in the end its just speculation XD
#24 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone else remember the "daughter" he had in the future? 
 
  
  Smiths doctor seems to have no connection to the previous doctors. I couldn't imagine Rose or donna or any of the other companions appearing in the new season.
#25 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't think you missed a beat there Matt, killer clues and teases to foam at the mouth for.

#26 Posted by grufaine (107 posts) - - Show Bio

If Rose comes back again, I will throw something... Most likely a fit. The season 4 return and EoT cameos are enough...   The only way I'd really be content with Rose returning is if it was in a multi-Doctor story.   
I'm all for Susan returning though, that would be amazing. 
 
But I'm assuming the marriage clue has something to do with River Song, as that's already kinda been alluded to.  
Perhaps one of the trials will connect with the alliance we saw in Pandorica? That could be fun. 
The "what awaits the TARDIS at the Zero Point?" seems interesting. Could that mean, zero as in before Event One? The mysterious moment before the Big Bang?       
 
Considering that the first half of the season is going to end with a "game-changing cliffhanger,"  I'm betting the second half of the season might end up being something of a six part story, too...  Which could be totally amazing. 

#27 Posted by axiomr@hotmail.com (13 posts) - - Show Bio

I figured the birthday was Amy. I have had the Valeyard pegged for a return, but they'd have to deftly avoid mentioning most of the clusterfuck that is the 80s Trial and focus on the 'dark half' aspect. 
 
I can't imagine Susan or Romana would be coming back (as much as I adore Lalla Ward) and if they did I doubt they or the Doctor would talk that way to each other.

#28 Posted by NightFang (9866 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool!

#29 Posted by JayUK (100 posts) - - Show Bio
@jordama:  If you're meaning the 9th and 10th Doctors then you're right. Moffat has said Matt Smith was a bit of a 'fresh start'.
 
However if you're meaning EVERY previous Doctor then you're totally wrong. I can remember 3 instances off the top of my head where the very first Doctor is shown.
#30 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

would you think any less of me if i confessed that i've never seen a single
Doctor Who episode in my life?

#31 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7577 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds good, Would be fantastic to have The Valeyard back for a direct connection to the classic series. Everything else sounds promising i must say.

#32 Posted by EisforExtinction (1909 posts) - - Show Bio
@Chane said:
" @EisforExtinction: There's a trailer for the xmas special? "
Yeah, but in all fairness it's short.
#33 Posted by Constantine (16046 posts) - - Show Bio
@inferiorego said:
"
4 August 1982 - Happy Birthday, Ma'am: Yes, I looked the date up on the internet. Dates are always important in the Doctor Who Universe. On this day, these small events happened in the real world: American architect, Bruce Goff died, Artist David Mach turned books into sculptures, James Malone Rentschler was nominated to be the U.S. Ambassador to Malta, and President Reagan signed an order to do something with motor vehicles. I'm pretty sure none of these have anything to do with this line. It's probably someone's date of birth, but who? My money is on either Rose Tyler, Martha Jones, or Donna "I'm horribly annoying" Noble. My money is on squarely on Martha or Rose.
 "
I don't think it will be rose as she was born around 1985-86 seeming as she was 19 in 2005
 
@inferiorego said:
"I Won't Take Calls From THAT Prime Minister: Margaret Thatcher... It's the same guess as Blastr, since Winston Churchill and The Doctor seemingly have a healthish relationship between each other, and Margaret Thatcher is the second most famous P.M. My other guess is that it's Sir Anthony Eden, who followed Churchill's second term. He invaded Egypt. I don't know much about the guy, other than what I read, but he seems a tad scummy. See? Now you got a minor history lesson.  "
When I first read this, I thought of The Master, he was prime minister once and the Doctor would have reason not to take a phone call, maybe the time signals got crossed and Master was calling a future doctor to try and get him back.
 
@inferiorego said:
" The Doctor Will Get Married - Twice!: Does this tie-in with the two trials? Who is he marrying? I'm going to throw out Rose Tyler as one, and he ends up at Amy Pond's wedding, or did her wedding already happen? Sadly, I doubt Rose is coming back. This is just a shot in the dark. "
Amy already married rory, so I'm thinking River Song, seeming as doc probably married susans grandmother (depending if there isnt that whole loom thing)
 
@inferiorego said:
"They'll Have to Get a New Name for Thanksgiving: I don't know if the English have a Thanksgiving. Americans and Canadians do though. Chances are, the Doctor is going back to American Thanksgiving and finds out there's some twisted alien plot involved. I love that idea, if it really is an idea."
The English don't have thanksgiving, but I like the idea
 
#34 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

I just can't see any referenece to the old companions. Smith talking to rose would be awful. I think the strings have officially been cut from smith and the two previous doctors. Rose was there during the transition and made it a lot more smooth, Smith just seems to be completely out there. River is connecting but the instability of that relationship just doesn't do it.

#35 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

P.S. 
the birth can't be rose, she would have to be born in 1986 for continuity.

#36 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio
@inferiorego: I wouldn't be surprised if the Valeyard returned
#37 Edited by Rebelphoenix (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Pay attention - it's not really her - Jenny maybe? She really needs to come back, they could do so much with her. 
 
On the "Susan" front, I look forward to seeing her fob watch. She had her memory wiped if I remember correctly. 
 
Am I the only one that wants to see The Rani or Romana come back?
#38 Posted by EC_Cameron (3 posts) - - Show Bio

August 4th, 1900 is the Queen Mother's birthday, hence the "Happy Birthday Ma'am", in my book. Remember, the Brits celebrate things like that.

#39 Posted by EC_Cameron (3 posts) - - Show Bio

As for the Prime Minister he won't take calls from... WAKE UP, PEOPLE! It's a well-known fact that the Doctor used just a few words to bring about the downfall of "Harriet Jones, Prime Minister" (Yes, you know who SHE is!) So, THIS would be the PM he doesn't take calls from. As for the Doctor getting married twice... Multiple references have been made to the Doctor marrying Good Queen Bess (Elizabeth I). Marrying River or anyone else would be twice, per my count.

#40 Posted by Constantine (16046 posts) - - Show Bio

@EC_Cameron said:

August 4th, 1900 is the Queen Mother's birthday, hence the "Happy Birthday Ma'am", in my book. Remember, the Brits celebrate things like that.

we do O_o

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.