Doctor Who respect thread

#1 Posted by joshmightbe (24688 posts) - - Show Bio

I've heard many people talk crap about the franchise but its a show with staying power, it's had over 800 episodes, many books and comics and even survived a mid 90s Fox TV movie (Nick Fury had to turn Black to be taken seriously after his Fox movie) Sure the show had its problems for a few years but since it's revival its going great, It's been around longer than Star Trek and Star Wars and unlike the Simpsons the show got better with age, Sure Matt Smith is no David Tennent but he is way better than the dude who wore celery. Also Rory who has overcome death more than Jean Grey and Professor X combined.

#2 Posted by vincenoire (6 posts) - - Show Bio

No matt smith is no where NEAR as good as Peter Davidson. He is turning family entertainment is to a childrens show. The only thing going for him are his compainions and there getting rid of them. Also why does eveyone keep making rory is dead jokes, I seen what they are you can count 2 of them tops. If your going to count them all then amy has died as often as he has and the dr has died 10 time already, jack spend 1000 years bured under cardif contantly dieing.

But yeah i do agree RESPECT THE WHO.

and remember Eccelston was NOT the 1st dr!

#3 Posted by joshmightbe (24688 posts) - - Show Bio

@vincenoire: Matt Smith isn't bad he just happened to be the guy who followed the best Doctor so far

#4 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

@vincenoire: Matt Smith isn't bad he just happened to be the guy who followed the best Doctor so far

I think Matt Smith is better than David Tennant, personally. Believe me, I thought I would hate the show after Tennant, but I think Smith is more of my ideal Doctor.

#5 Posted by War Killer (20285 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by joshmightbe (24688 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer: The Doctor with Hulk for a companion would be unstoppable

#7 Posted by TheDalek (53 posts) - - Show Bio

Bloody brilliant!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.