Doctor Who PC game in development?

#1 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Eidos has just confirmed that the previously known Doctor Who game on its books will be revealed soon and is in development for PC, PS2 and DS. Firm details are under wraps at the moment, but it doesn’t sound as though you’re going to be waiting too long.

“That is correct,” a rep told videogaming247 when asked if promo work was starting on the title. “We haven’t announced a release date at the moment. It’s not too far away. We should be showing it to liveupdate quite soon.”

“It’s for PS2, PC and DS,” the spokesperson added.

Nothing else is known of the game thus far, but more details will be posted in this thread as soon as they come across my desk :D

M

#2 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

Not for the PS3 or Xbox360?

#3 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

i've written exactly what i was told...

maybe it's still in development for next gen stuff... dunno lol

M

#4 Posted by iwan (572 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope it doesn't just get rushed out because Doctor Who is so popular at the moment, they could make a reeeeally good game.

#5 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

that's awesome

#6 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"i've written exactly what i was told...maybe it's still in development for next gen stuff... dunno lolM"

That's where it's "at" apparently, so I thought they would go for those consoles first.

But regardless, I'm excited.

#7 Posted by iwan (572 posts) - - Show Bio

The Dr Who episode of Weakest Link was on yesterday lol

cringes

#8 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p171/methosivanhoe/3D%20renderings/doctorwho.jpgEidos has just confirmed that the previously known Doctor Who game on its books will be revealed soon and is in development for PC, PS2 and DS. Firm details are under wraps at the moment, but it doesn’t sound as though you’re going to be waiting too long.“That is correct,” a rep told videogaming247 when asked if promo work was starting on the title. “We haven’t announced a release date at the moment. It’s not too far away. We should be showing it to liveupdate quite soon.”“It’s for PS2, PC and DS,” the spokesperson added.Nothing else is known of the game thus far, but more details will be posted in this thread as soon as they come across my desk :DM"

WOOHOO man that so freaking rocks. id hope it sticks to the DR WHo ways also. Wonder if it will be the new Dr. Whos or maybe some of the older ones.

#9 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

it'll be cool if it's done right...

i hope they get the time travel stuff right as thats a major part of Dr Who...

M

#10 Posted by Constantine (16046 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmmmm interesting

#11 Posted by Radias (34 posts) - - Show Bio

this could be a realy good game.

#12 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

What is Dr. Who? I hear so much of it but I've never seen it??

#13 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"What is Dr. Who? I hear so much of it but I've never seen it??"

It's a long running, British science fiction series from the BBC. It's about an alien Time Lord, known only as 'The Doctor' who travels around time and space in his TARDIS (it looks like an old police phone box on the outside, but is a massive ship inside), usually with a female human assistant. I'm not really a fan, but Methos and a few others are.

#14 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

I see. Is this an interesting show? I need something to watch.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.