Doctor Who is Now Immortal?

• 67 results
#51 Edited by Kamen Rider Kajiki (1388 posts) - - Show Bio
@Methos said:

" well i'm hoping they're going to bring Gallifrey back soon...  5 years without it is long enough i think  M "

Its been less then 1 year, Or did you miss the End of Time?
#52 Posted by Kamen Rider Kajiki (1388 posts) - - Show Bio

O god the silence! you did didn't you? D:
Better rush to you're local video store and rent the dvd :)

#53 Posted by The Impersonator (5206 posts) - - Show Bio
@Methos:
I'm assuming that Doctor Who being the immortal is that he always regenerate to a number of times. Or you could say Doctor Who is actual one being who can regenerate into someone else. Hence he's immortal. But I'm not sure about this Doctor Who being the one. I'm just assuming if that's the case. Even though he's not actually Immortal since he can die and regenerate. If you look at the Highlander franchise, the Immortals can die multiple times in a short while and then they come back.
#54 Posted by Kenshiro28 (49 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself:  at the beginning of Matt Smith's run is good if you don't want to bother with too much.
#55 Posted by shadow_throne (5 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself: You can safely start watching the reboot. They cover the majority of what you need to know throughout the new series.
#56 Posted by King Saturn (223972 posts) - - Show Bio
I wonder will they have the black dude from 2012 and Redbelt play The Doctor after Matt Smith ????
#57 Posted by Doctor!!!!! (2055 posts) - - Show Bio

They just can't kill a good thing!!!!! 
DOCTOR WHO FOREVER!!!!!!!!!
#58 Posted by versatilehearts (26 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself:  Start with the 2005 series. That series (aka season in the US) is actually listed as Series 1. Great jumping on point for Doctor Who. Also, series 1-4 are all on netflix watch instant.
#59 Posted by WayneGusoff (5 posts) - - Show Bio

noooooooooooooooooooooooooo making him immortal takes away a little bit of the doctor. it makes him more of a god, and thats cool if they have a good explanation but if not its like saying we want to keep doing the show possible without smith.

#60 Posted by Kamen Rider Kajiki (1388 posts) - - Show Bio

Doctor now said that he can regenerate 507 times, not exactly immortal but series-wise he might as well be

#61 Posted by Rebelphoenix (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah how I pine for the old days, watching Tom Baker on PBS during the weekends. That was a ritual. But onto the point. I seem to recall the "basic" timelord only having six regenerations. Somewhere along the lines, and I honestly can't say where, the high council decided to extend the doctor's number of regenerations to 12. 

Anyone else recall this?
#62 Posted by Starkin (3266 posts) - - Show Bio

No he isn't Russel T Davies didn't think anyone would take it seriously and that the 12 regenerations is too deeply intergrated in the story and the public. In my eyes The Doctor wasen;t bening entirely serious when he said it.

#63 Posted by belac_nosnevets (4 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself: I don't know if someone has already answered you, but I would just start with Christopher Eccleston at the beginning of the new series. If you've never seen anything of Doctor Who before it's a good place to start...then you can go catch up on the old shows later (which in my opinion is kind of hard to do since they're all out of order at the moment) although I hear that someday soon they'll be re-releasing the show in order from the start. Any news on that anyone who may know better than I? Anyway...I started watching back when Eccleston first started on the show and I'm hooked now. I find the old shows severely dated and hard to get into, but that's because I'm much younger than all the people who grew up with Tom Baker and the other 8 previous doctors. It's much easier to jump on board with Eccleston.
#64 Posted by thatlad (594 posts) - - Show Bio

A simple retcon would be to say after all the time lords expired their regenerations fell to The Doctor  

There's little retcon involved, it's been established timelords can be given further regenerations as The Master has been given them in the past

#65 Posted by Constantine (16046 posts) - - Show Bio

^what he said

#66 Posted by grimmspectre18 (4 posts) - - Show Bio
@inferiorego:  That's exactly what I tell people who are on the fence. It's great to have the classic content, but not a necessity to get started with the series.
#67 Posted by joshmightbe (24875 posts) - - Show Bio

The Doctor breaks his own rules all the time I don't see why the 12 regens would be any different

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.