Check Out Peter Capaldi's Doctor Who Costume

Posted by inferiorego (20577 posts) - - Show Bio

BBC gave Doctor Who fans a preview of what Peter Capaldi will look like as the Doctor in the upcoming season of Doctor Who. 10.2 million fans got their very first look at Capaldi as the Doctor during the recent Christmas episode of the show.

The Doctor has a new look as Peter Capaldi’s era officially begins. In a picture released today by the BBC, Capaldi can be seen in the costume that will define his time as the Twelfth Time Lord in one of TV’s biggest roles. Sporting a dark blue Crombie coat with red lining, dark blue trousers, a white shirt as well as black Dr. Marten shoes, the look was created by Doctor Who costume designer Howard Burden.

Commenting on his costume, Peter Capaldi said: “He's woven the future from the cloth of the past. Simple, stark, and back to basics. No frills, no scarf, no messing, just 100 per cent Rebel Time Lord.” While lead writer and executive producer Steven Moffat added: “New Doctor, new era, and of course new clothes. Monsters of the universe, the vacation is over - Capaldi is suited and booted and coming to get you!”

Capaldi's look is straight to the point with very few thrills and no accessories. It looks very classy sleek. Although we won't see this new Doctor for quite a few months, since the new series began filming earlier this month, this is what Whovians can look forward to in the upcoming year.

What do you guys think of Capaldi's Doctor? Does this look for for you or is it missing something?

Staff
#1 Edited by JonSmith (3793 posts) - - Show Bio

Said it in the last thread, I'll say it here:

So this is the new theme, right?

#2 Edited by Smart_Dork_Dude (2518 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonsmith: It reminds me a lot of the 3rd Doctor's outfit..................... Minus the frills obviously.

The 3rd isn't high on my favorite Doctors list, but he was cool. If it turns out Capaldi's is based around the 3rd it would be fitting since Matt Smith's 11th took a lot of inspiration from the 2nd Doctor

#3 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27289 posts) - - Show Bio

smooth

#4 Edited by noj (1038 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks alright but it doesnt look like it has anything really distinguishing about it. Like 4ths scarf, 9ths Leather Jacket, 10ths coat or 11ths Bowtie ect. Maybe it will look better in motion.

#5 Posted by bob808 (5210 posts) - - Show Bio

cool

#6 Edited by IDontLikeBirds (165 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it, reflects the direction they were hinting at for the character in the 50th special. I also like that the red breaks up the dark colors a bit. Interesting note that he has that red, much like Tennant's 10th had the red Converse, Smith's 11th had the red fez and red bowtie. It gives it a little kick, without being a joke.

#7 Posted by sentryman555 (650 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if eventually he'll have an alternate outfit. Ten had the brown outfit and the blue one. Matt smith in the later seasons had the green coat and then the purple outfit.

#8 Posted by Alertcircuit (177 posts) - - Show Bio

Very Pertwee-ish, but a dash of modernization. I like it. The more we find out about this doctor the more I know he's gonna be great.

#10 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3403 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice look!

#11 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7494 posts) - - Show Bio

Good to see who getting some main page love

#12 Posted by ltbrd (552 posts) - - Show Bio

An interesting look. Was thinking it was something closer to Hartnell's general appearance but with a modern twist....which makes a bit of sense given these are supposed to be a new set of regenerations. Though his attitude definitely seems more in tune with Pertwee's which will be nice to see.

#13 Posted by longbowhunter (5832 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice...very slick look.

#14 Edited by War Killer (19481 posts) - - Show Bio

Lookin' classy. Love the new look and can't wait to see Capaldi's Doctor in action.

#16 Edited by Kal'smahboi (3314 posts) - - Show Bio

Classy. It suits him.

#17 Edited by MatKrenz (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

Very sleek, elegant and classy. Cannot wait for August.

#18 Posted by xxxddd (3428 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool costume.

#19 Posted by Batmandemon23 (137 posts) - - Show Bio

Very cool, reminds me of the third doctor, which my personal favorite one.

#20 Posted by judasnixon (5430 posts) - - Show Bio

#21 Posted by bloggerboy (475 posts) - - Show Bio

Love it! The new season will be fantastic.

#22 Edited by sesquipedalophobe (4637 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it.

#24 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

You redecorated…I don't like it.

>_> The pants and the shoes are my only real issue with this. Change those and I'm fine with it.

#25 Posted by scouts1998 (524 posts) - - Show Bio

Out of the 2 costume reveals today (quicksilver and doctor who) i prefer this one much more.

#27 Edited by frochez (191 posts) - - Show Bio

I wasn't sure at first, but I actually really like it. It reminds me quite a lot of William Hartnell's costume, which makes sense as Capaldi is the same age now as Hartnell was when he first became the Doctor, and they are both the 'first' doctor of a regeneration cycle.

#28 Posted by RobbyReed (2 posts) - - Show Bio

kinda reminds me of a old kind of detective

#29 Posted by The Stegman (20723 posts) - - Show Bio

That is a very snazzy outfit.

#31 Posted by TheAcidSkull (15890 posts) - - Show Bio

You been hit by!

you been struck by!

a smooth doctor!

HE-HE!

#33 Posted by guardiandevil801 (272 posts) - - Show Bio

awesome can't wait to see it in action

#34 Posted by NightFang (9635 posts) - - Show Bio

Please let him be the ANGRY Doctor!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.