gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

The Good

Valiant is putting out a lot of great books these days. A couple of them, ARCHER AND ARMSTRONG and QUANTUM AND WOODY, then to have large doses of humor mixed in with the action. Giving us a crossover with the duos from both titles makes perfect sense.

The story starts out "back in the day" with Armstrong living a hobo lifestyle. Through a series of events, he comes into possession of an...ass map. This is the Treasure of the Hobos. Of course he doesn't quite retain possession of it and years later, Quantum and Woody get involved with a search for it that will put them up against Archer and Armstrong. In other words, we're going to get a hilarious battle/team-up in this series.

As if putting these characters in the same book wasn't brilliant enough, getting James Asmus and Fred Van Lente, writers of the the duos in their own titles, to write this made a great idea even better. The characters feel true to who they're supposed to be and you can read this knowing there won't be any weird discrepancies with what we're used to in the individual series.

Kano's art captures the essence of the story just right. It's not all fun and games. There is a bit of a gruesome moment that is handled very tastefully. You'll find yourself admiring the art and color as you go through the issue.

The Bad

Of course this is a set up issue. You can't have all these characters suddenly come into contact with each other without layout out the groundwork. But that does take away from the main characters actually coming to blows with each other.

The humor is good. A couple moments it started feeling like there might be a little too much. It's a fine line that is handled. I may want a tiny bit more seriousness but then again, there's an ass map as a main plot device in the comic so it's not a major surprise.

The Verdict

Archer and Armstrong in the same book as Quantum and Woody? It's the comic book comedy team-up Valiant readers have wanted. Sometimes crossovers can feel a little forced but that isn't the case here. What makes this meeting even better is that it will all be because of an ass map for a hobo treasure. That should be reason enough to get this book. James Asmus and Fred Van Lente know the characters since they are writing the individual titles and Kano's art is the perfect choice for the story. You won't find a comic like this everyday. Don't miss out on it. And again, it has an ass map in it!

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Looks like Deadpool vs Hawkeye worked it's way into Valiant

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Honestly didn't really care for it. Q/W has always been the least favorite of my series.

The recent A/A issue when they fought each other was way funnier imo

ZbvmX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

The only thing bad about this is that this is a mini-series (and I hate minis)

roguejedi74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just read it and really enjoyed it. Can't wait to see them interact!

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love Q&W, but can't believe I forgot about this and to pre-order it.

Mars8254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cant wait to read this. Also does anyone know if Quantum and Woody series is still going on? I heard it got canceled. Cant find any info on it.

bladewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great issue, absolutely loved it!

@mars8254 said:

Cant wait to read this. Also does anyone know if Quantum and Woody series is still going on? I heard it got canceled. Cant find any info on it.

As far as I know, the series is on hiatus until The Delinquents ends.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

StarBrand1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By StarBrand1

@captainmarvel4ever:

archer debuted in 1992 and was always casually dressed and had a bow, before hawkeye was running around like that

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starbrand1 said:

@captainmarvel4ever:

archer debuted in 1992 and was always casually dressed and had a bow, before hawkeye was running around like that

Again, I was just making a joke

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.