Why can't Jackie Estacado wear a condom?

#1 Posted by GenSal (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Why?

#2 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

It's in the script ;)

#3 Posted by bringdeath (270 posts) - - Show Bio

@xerox-kitty said:

"It's in the script ;) "

LOL.  he's got me there
#4 Posted by Brit (372 posts) - - Show Bio

The Darkness will eat through the rubber.

#5 Posted by Risky (12629 posts) - - Show Bio
@Brit said:
" The Darkness will eat through the rubber. "
Thanks. Thought of expressing that non R-rated for some time now. lol
#6 Posted by danhimself (22495 posts) - - Show Bio
@Brit said:
"The Darkness will eat through the rubber. "

I have that same problem but I don't call it the Darkness I call it herpes
#7 Posted by Brit (372 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
" @Brit said:
I have that same problem but I don't call it the Darkness I call it herpes "
hehehe
#8 Posted by Phorqe (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

You wouldn't wear a raincoat in the shower, would you?

#9 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio
@Phorqe said:
" You wouldn't wear a raincoat in the shower, would you? "
If getting wet ended my life I would.
#10 Posted by NightFang (9988 posts) - - Show Bio
@Buckshot said:
" @Phorqe said:
If getting wet ended my life I would. "
            The Darkness likes Jack too much to kill him. 
#11 Posted by deathswitch (475 posts) - - Show Bio
@NightFang said:
" @Buckshot said:
" @Phorqe said:
            The Darkness likes Jack too much to kill him.  "
rules are rules
#12 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

Not to be disgusting or anything but he can just do butt sex with the ladies too lol.
#13 Posted by NightFang (9988 posts) - - Show Bio
@deathswitch said:
" @NightFang said:
" @Buckshot said:
" @Phorqe said:
            The Darkness likes Jack too much to kill him.  "
rules are rules "
             Rules are made to be broken.
#14 Posted by Legacy_ (10525 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bruce Vain said:
"Not to be disgusting or anything but he can just do butt sex with the ladies too lol. "

LMAO 

Makes so much sense for Jackie
#15 Posted by glforthewin (2355 posts) - - Show Bio

could he make an extra strength condom out of the darkness? .... you never can be to careful

#16 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio
@Closure said:
"@Bruce Vain said:
"Not to be disgusting or anything but he can just do butt sex with the ladies too lol. "
LMAO  Makes so much sense for Jackie "

EXACTLY 

Cause if I were him that's what I be doing. lol 

Still getting some but not worrying about getting a girl pregnant and dying. lol
#17 Posted by Ryonslaught (1247 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
" @Brit said:
I have that same problem but I don't call it the Darkness I call it herpes "
lol
and here i was thinking he was just "BIG"
lol
#18 Posted by Precise (22886 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bruce Vain said:
" @Closure said:
"@Bruce Vain said:
EXACTLY  Cause if I were him that's what I be doing. lol  Still getting some but not worrying about getting a girl pregnant and dying. lol "
Not his cup a tea. Wenders once offered himself that way :p
#19 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio
@Precise said:
" @Bruce Vain said:
" @Closure said:
"@Bruce Vain said:
EXACTLY  Cause if I were him that's what I be doing. lol  Still getting some but not worrying about getting a girl pregnant and dying. lol "
Not his cup a tea. Wenders once offered himself that way :p "

Well yeeeea cause Wenders is a guy lol....Give Jackie a Brazilian or German girl and he'll be sound as a pound LOL
#20 Posted by Precise (22886 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bruce Vain said:
" Well yeeeea cause Wenders is a guy lol....Give Jackie a Brazilian or German girl and he'll be sound as a pound LOL "
He was literally butt probed by an alien. I think he's got enough of that :p
#21 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio
@Precise said:
" @Bruce Vain said:
" Well yeeeea cause Wenders is a guy lol....Give Jackie a Brazilian or German girl and he'll be sound as a pound LOL "
He was literally butt probed by an alien. I think he's got enough of that :p "

LMAO
#22 Posted by fratscraig spire (7 posts) - - Show Bio

he cant because condoms dont work 100% i think its more of a precaution then anything else.  
and the darkness could care less about jakie himself the darkness might like jakie but it will eventually kill him. 
#23 Posted by welshguy (197 posts) - - Show Bio

The whole Jackie not being able to have sex just in case he dies has always seemed a bit lame to me. Especially when he always seems to meet buxom ladies who simply melt away with his charm and good looks. In fact, that one bit where he's at a sex addiction clinic and there's a bunch of hot babes there was just risible

#24 Posted by N7_Normandy (2430 posts) - - Show Bio

Sometime early in the series, jackie asked sonatine about condoms and sonatine said something along the lines of do you know anything that is 100% effective.

#25 Posted by Demonturtle (455 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he could make one out of the darkness and it would work.  Besides, they need to do something with that part or the story line.  Its been hanging over his head for a while now!
#26 Posted by kore (373 posts) - - Show Bio

Couldn't he get a vasectomy?

#27 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8820 posts) - - Show Bio
@kore: the darkness would regenerate his organs to full function without informing him. Furthermore, the entity can take over Jackie anytime it wants and has total control over the powert, ergo making one out of the Darkness would be useless, as the primordial entity will just decide it won't work and it won't

make no mistake, Jackie is living on borrowed time. Once the Darkness is done with him, he will die and join the previous avatars as slaves in the realm of the Darkness.
#28 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

haha

#29 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10438 posts) - - Show Bio

If he just kept screwing Sara would that work, the Darkness seems to like her a lot. And he didn't  die the first time.

#30 Posted by Soulstealer (825 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nelomaxwell said:

If he just kept screwing Sara would that work, the Darkness seems to like her a lot. And he didn't die the first time.

He didn't die because it was the Darkness's doing the deed. And besides it was counting on Hope as a "balance breaker" with that plan in play it's not about to wait another human lifetime for it's plans to come together.

The Darkness needs it's host to a preordained degree and while we don't know completely what the rules are; at least for the Darkness itself rather than for Jackie. But we do know however that there are rules. Rules for the Darkness, rules for the Angelus, rules for their bearers, but everyone is looking for a way to circumvent. And really I think I'd rather do without than risk the Darkness setting me up for death. Jackie just has to get a woman pregnant, the rules never say it has to be the natural way.

If Darkness matter can be changed on the molecular level, why not micro Darklings? Bio-Nano Machines? Not to get too graphic; but yeah, it doesn't have be the natural way of getting a woman pregnant with the Darkness involved.

#31 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10438 posts) - - Show Bio

@Soulstealer: Read Artifacts he bones her again and doesn't die. They do it in the ruins of an aztec pyramid.

#32 Posted by Soulstealer (825 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nelomaxwell said:

@Soulstealer: Read Artifacts he bones her again and doesn't die. They do it in the ruins of an aztec pyramid.

Well that I do have to read!

And there needs to be some answers for that bad boy. lol Unless the Darkness is working on something nasty...which actually isn't very far fetched.

#33 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

i think the problem is that if a girl gets pregnant, he dies, so he cant take any risk

#34 Posted by shogun831 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

So after what happened in artifacts is it now clear that jackie can have sex as long as he doesnt impregnate a woman?

#35 Posted by ApatheticAvenger (1636 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by Sinestro2828 (1511 posts) - - Show Bio

Based on what I read about his father and how he died, it sounds like he literally can't have sex with any woman without dying the instant he orgasms, otherwise he could sleep around a much as he likes as long as he doesn't impregnate a woman, makes sure she's on the pill or something etc. Unless of course the idea of him only having butt sex from hence forth works (honestly trying to be serious about this discussion, so i apologize if I gross anyone out lol).

HOWEVER...What if a future Darkness Bearer were born sterile? Would that effectively trap the Darkness in that host & yet enable him to have sex as much as he wants? OR, what if a Wielder of the Darkness only had sex with women incapable of having children?

At any rate, it seems strange that the Darkness can only have sex with the Witchblade bearer without dying...The first time it happened the Darkness itself had sex with Sara without Jackie knowing (seriously gruesome O_O), but apparently they've had sex again since then? How's that work? Is it because the Witchblade was born of the Darkness & Angelus and thus its safe for Jackie to make love to whoever wields that blade? I'd think that Jackie would want to win over Sara at any cost if that were the case.

P.S. how long can the Darkness wielder live as long as he avoids sex? Like, does the Darkness lengthen his lifespan or make him immortal so long as no one kills him? i.e. stops his aging?

#37 Posted by Catsnlynne (1022 posts) - - Show Bio

They don't have his size?

#38 Posted by daredevil21134 (11527 posts) - - Show Bio

Because it dosen't feel the same lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.