The Darkness II Video Game To Feature 4-Player Mode

Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

On February 7th, 2012, Top Cow's resident bad-boy will be crossing over into video games once again with the release of The Darkness II developed by Digital Extremes, published by 2K Games. This time, Jackie Estacado is back and things are gorier than ever. And while we don't know a whole lot about the synopsis of the game, we now know that The Darkness II will allow up to four players at a time in a new game mode called "Vendetta's." The game, which was originally slated for a Holiday 2011 release was pushed back to February -- which was probably for the best considering so little has been revealed about the gun toting, tentacle monster, gore-fest sequel to the 2007 game.

Back in October, the guys at Giant Bomb had a chance to play the game for a few hours and gave it a positive first impression based on what they saw. According to them, "it doesnt suck." That's good news.

== TEASER ==
Far be it from me to prognosticate a game's quality just based on preview sessions, but I sense good things for The Darkness II. Doing a sequel all these years later, with a new developer to boot, is a challenging proposition, but Digital Extremes appears to have built on Starbreeze's sturdy framework, and constructed something that feels like a proper follow-up.

As we mentioned before, the "Vendetta" mode will allow up to four players to play at one time, each as a different character. Each character will also wield their own unique powers. According to a recent article, the game will feature a Voodoo Master named J.P. DuMond who is able to levitate your enemies, something that would definitely come in handy mid-fight. Other new characters include Shoshanna, who carries a special Darkness gun, Jimmy who has an axe which can be thrown at oncoming opponents to take out multiple enemies at a time and finally, Inugasha, a katana wielding sidekick to Jackie.

Check out the latest video footage of The Darkness II above, courtesy of Giant Bomb, and let us know if it's a game you will be picking up this February. Did you play the first Darkness video game? What do you think?

#1 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29332 posts) - - Show Bio

The last kill on the vid is hilarious.

#2 Posted by Outside_85 (7174 posts) - - Show Bio

Why am I reminded of Bayonetta's boss-killer moves when I see that? (Though I hope Jackie doesn't dress like her when those are out)

#3 Posted by NaNdoKaveli (7 posts) - - Show Bio

jodo! vaya sangría!

#4 Posted by ReVamp (22860 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

True.

I think its funny that we can't swear but then we get shown these things... lmao.

#5 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29332 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

True.

I think its funny that we can't swear but then we get shown these things... lmao.

Yup. The excuse is that kids go to this site more than the others. Imagine how our sad impressionable child will feel after watching a guy's skull rip out of his ass. =P

#6 Posted by ReVamp (22860 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

True.

Yup. The excuse is that kids go to this site more than the others. Imagine how our sad impressionable child will feel after watching a guy's skull rip out of his ass. =P

Ass? I'm pretty sure those were the family jewels.

#7 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29332 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

True.

Eh, hard to tell. Either way, pretty f**ked up.

#8 Posted by ReVamp (22860 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

True.

Eh, hard to tell. Either way, pretty f**ked up.

Which leads me to the conclusion that this isn't "E" at all...

#9 Posted by Metatron_Da_Don (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

Disgusting(ly real).  Master Pandemonium...take notes.

#10 Posted by The Impersonator (4318 posts) - - Show Bio

I played the first game and it was awesome. I certainly cannot wait to play this dark monster sucker sequel. :D

#11 Edited by Knight Train (113 posts) - - Show Bio

The first game is one of my favorite of all time, hope this one lives up to that!

#12 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, certainly looks intense!

#13 Posted by Namor1987 (1879 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol that last anal/genital kill (I can use those terms?) were wicked awesome

#14 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

That is definitely going to be banned in Australia.  

Sigh. 

#15 Posted by ApatheticAvenger (1634 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

That is definitely going to be banned in Australia. Sigh.

LMAO

#16 Posted by SuperXAsh (506 posts) - - Show Bio

call me crazy... but what i would like to see in these games is The Darkness in costume. None of this "guy in tux" or "trenchcoat" with snaky things on his shoulders...

#17 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@ApatheticAvenger said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

LMAO

We don't even have MK9 O_o
#18 Posted by ApatheticAvenger (1634 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@ApatheticAvenger said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

LMAO

What IS IT with the banning of games there? You're freaking AUSTRALIA! You guys used to make the most awesome, hardcore exploitation films anywhere (see the documentary Not Quite Hollywood). What happened?!

#19 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@ApatheticAvenger said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@ApatheticAvenger said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

LMAO

What IS IT with the banning of games there? You're freaking AUSTRALIA! You guys used to make the most awesome, hardcore exploitation films anywhere (see the documentary Not Quite Hollywood). What happened?!

We turned into a nation of overly-apologetic, undereducated, politically correct imbeciles. 
#20 Posted by ApatheticAvenger (1634 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@ApatheticAvenger said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@ApatheticAvenger said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

LMAO

We turned into a nation of overly-apologetic, undereducated, politically correct imbeciles.

Well, the U.S. isn't far behind you my friend. The days of the counterculture are over, it's all about being polite and respecting the establishment.

#21 Posted by NightFang (9649 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

True.

Sorry, but I call it all bull sh*t!

#22 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29332 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@ApatheticAvenger said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@ApatheticAvenger said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

LMAO

There's clearly only one solution.

Everyone has to grab a Bat-mask and beat the sh*t out of someone.

It doesn't matter who. But just do it.

Eventually, things will resolve themself.

Man, I should get into politics.

#23 Posted by Mekboy (1002 posts) - - Show Bio

=O

!!!

#24 Posted by ApatheticAvenger (1634 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@ApatheticAvenger said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@ApatheticAvenger said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

LMAO

There's clearly only one solution.

Everyone has to grab a Bat-mask and beat the sh*t out of someone.

It doesn't matter who. But just do it.

Eventually, things will resolve themself.

Man, I should get into politics.

I'd vote for ya Venom!

#25 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking nice, looking nice..

#26 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7500 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking forward to this one :)

#27 Posted by shogun831 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Cant wait to get this game. Anyone pre order their copy yet?

#28 Posted by Deadknight (587 posts) - - Show Bio

Heh. The kill at around 0:40 kinda seems like a shout-out to the chest bursters from Aliens.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.