Follow

Jackie Estacado

Character » Jackie Estacado appears in 472 issues.

Ex-Mafia hitman, Ex-Don of his own crime family and Ex-Dictator of a country; Jackie Estacado is the current wielder of the Darkness, an ancient force belonging to the triad of power encompassing the Darkness, the Witchblade, and the Angelus.

I didn't like Volume 2 much... :(

Trivio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Trivio

I loved Volume 1 a lot, it made me smile and cry at the same time as it gave me goosebumps.

But volume 2 just didnt do it after Paulie's death for me... the art kept changing from good to bad to worse, the story felt a little awkward and it was

a little to "maffia" based for my taste.

I didn't read volume 3 yet, but i hope it gets better?

Im nearing the end of volume 2 now and it has been a bit dissapointing after the Paulie arc.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    Volume 2 is just for hardcore fans. The story is widely disregarded and was, for the most, part, nonsensical and subpar. 

Volume 3 is the best Darkness volume of them all, by far. You should get to it. But you should be aware that you'd have to read mini-series such as First Born and Broken Trinity at various points.
    Trivio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Trivio

I see, well i just had to suck it up after Paulie's death and move through it.

But im glad (and i read more about it on this forum) that volume 3 is the better of the 3, cant wait.

Thanks a lot!

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    Anytime.
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By ReVamp

@Morpheus_ said:

Volume 2 is just for hardcore fans. The story is widely disregarded and was, for the most, part, nonsensical and subpar.

It was indeed most subpar.

Volume 3 is the best Darkness volume of them all, by far. You should get to it. But you should be aware that you'd have to read mini-series such as First Born and Broken Trinity at various points.

I think Lobdell's ending run on Volume 1 was the best, quite honestly. Volume 3 was better than the rest of volume 1, but it had too much of an obsession with Sovereign for my taste.

But yes, at OP, it gets much better.

Trivio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Trivio

Wow if volume 3 is better than volume 1 then i cant wait, loved volume 1.

Going to start reading right now!!

Thanks!! :D

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.