A small sneak peak at Darkness 88 cover by Matt Timson

#1 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Im a little bit of a fan boy when it comes to Matt Timson's work. You only need to look at his work on Impaler to see why, I met Matt about a two years ago at the Bristol Comic con and the guy was really easy to  talk to, in fact he was in the middle of an interview when he stopped to talk to me and hand me a preview copy of Impaler and had a small chat with me. So recently he posted a small sneak peak of his upcoming cover for Darkness 88 which comes out in the next few weeks.  

Matt had done wonderful work in the past, please see the work below on Impaler   

Impaler was an interesting twist on the vampire mythology. Anyway I have prattled on long enough so anyway here is what Matt Timson had to say about the small sneak peak for the cover. I would highly suggest finding him on twitter as he just has moment of pure comedy genius which is worth following him for.

"  This is as much as I'm allowed to show for the next couple of weeks- and I'll probably have gone off it by then... " 

So here is the Sneak Peak, it's not much and may change but I just love the eyes. 

Hope you like it.

I can't wait to see the whole cover.
#2 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8898 posts) - - Show Bio

Not bad, it's not Stepan Kejic but it has a nice look.

#3 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crom-Cruach said:
" Not bad, it's not Stepan Kejic but it has a nice look. "
He has a nice edge to him that I think will only get better with the more work he gets.
#4 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27119 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait to see it, Matt is a great guy and a fabulous artist, its wonderful that he has this kind of recognition! 

#5 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8898 posts) - - Show Bio
@Final Arrow said:
" @Crom-Cruach said:
" Not bad, it's not Stepan Kejic but it has a nice look. "
He has a nice edge to him that I think will only get better with the more work he gets. "
I agree, it's just the Stepan Kejic's work is simply beautiful in my opinion. No other artist has ever drawn the Top Cow universe better to date.
#6 Posted by mesosteros (145 posts) - - Show Bio

Stepan Kejic FTW.

#7 Posted by ComicMan24 (147093 posts) - - Show Bio

I like this art.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.