Follow

The Dark Knight

Movie » The Dark Knight released on July 18, 2008.

A year after the events of Batman Begins, a new era begins for Batman, as he settles in as Gotham's Caped Crusader, a new threat reveals itself, The Joker, a Clown Prince of Crime raiding banks in Gotham. The Batman must join forces with Commissioner Gordon and Harvey Dent to bring the Joker down before anyone suffers from the his plans. But they are not ready for what the Joker has in store for The People of Gotham. The movie serves as the second part of The Dark Knight Trilogy.

Does anyone out there DISLIKE The Dark Knight film?

• 79 results
    BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy
    @Edamame said:
    " @BiteMe-Fanboy said:
    " @Edamame said:
    " Furthermore, I wanted to see more Two-Face screen time. "
    Two Face should have been the main villain. No Joker at all. IMO. "
    I was surprised at how quickly Nolan threw Two-Face out. He is a major villain in the Batman comics.*shrugs* Oh well.  "
    Kind of makes you think of Venom in SM3.

@Caligula said:
    " @BiteMe-Fanboy said:
    " @Edamame said:
    Two-Face having a small end film role, is what made the portrayal powerful. Plus with the degree of burns he had, He would've died soon outside of treatment. "

Not in a comic book movie he wouldn't. ;D
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#54  Edited By Caligula
    @Edamame said:
    " @Caligula said:
    " @BiteMe-Fanboy said:
    " @Edamame said:
    Two-Face having a small end film role, is what made the portrayal powerful. Plus with the degree of burns he had, He would've died soon outside of treatment. "
    Well, the Joker probably would have died because of excessive blood loss and trauma, right? Cutting most of your face open with a knife is extremely painful (Glasgow smile). There is a lot of area to cover as well.By the way, I haven't tried it before. LOL

We didn't see him do it though. So there is no telling the circumstances he'd done it under. (that's assuming he did cut all the way through, could have simply been scarification or chemical burn. Two forms of body art modification).
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Slight said:
    " @InnerVenom123: I didn't get that at all, I did think that she had a very unhealthy infatuation with her daughter, but strictly on the fact that she was living vicariously through her daughter. I doubt there was a sexual ambition, or any past abuse  "
    The lesbo sex scene - notice she didn't bring anyone home with her. That was her mother.

At least that's what I've heard from people who interpret it that way.
    GoldenStar66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By GoldenStar66

It sucked.

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Caligula
    @InnerVenom123 said:

" @Slight said:

" @InnerVenom123: I didn't get that at all, I did think that she had a very unhealthy infatuation with her daughter, but strictly on the fact that she was living vicariously through her daughter. I doubt there was a sexual ambition, or any past abuse  "
    The lesbo sex scene - notice she didn't bring anyone home with her. That was her mother. At least that's what I've heard from people who interpret it that way. "
    or she just masturbated and thought of Mila. I mean most everybody has done that.
    riri4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By riri4life

I liked it...but it's not one of those movies I watch over and over again. It was def better than the 1st one w/ Bale though (imo). 

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#59  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Caligula: Mila saying "sweet girl" is the reason people think so. Just saying.
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Caligula
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @Caligula: Mila saying "sweet girl" is the reason people think so. Just saying. "
    she could have been talking to herself though. I mean at one point she sees her own face staring up at her from mila's body bearing down on her snatch.
    BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy
    @GoldenStar66 said:
    " It sucked. "
    Reasons?
    riri4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By riri4life
    @Slight said:
    " @Caligula: OMG, when in Black Swan, when she was stroking the kitty, and her mother was sleeping right there...OMG I would have turned to STONE  "

OMFG IKR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAHAHAHHHAHAHH! I remember I literally jumped and LOLd whem that happened and this lady gave me a dirty look. XD I luv the movie soo much, but its gonna be funny watching it again. U can't take it seriously. It's almost like a dram-edy.
    GoldenStar66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By GoldenStar66
    @BiteMe-Fanboy: The whole story of it all was plain bleh. The Joker in the film didn't have that "Joker mentality" to him. Also, having Bale as Batman made the movie suck even more. He doesn't look like a "Bruce Wayne" to me.
    BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy
    @GoldenStar66 said:
    " @BiteMe-Fanboy: The whole story of it all was plain bleh. The Joker in the film didn't have that "Joker mentality" to him. Also, having Bale as Batman made the movie suck even more. He doesn't look like a "Bruce Wayne" to me. "
    I agree 100%.
    goldenshot80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#66  Edited By goldenshot80
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    " @god_spawn said:
    " I haven't seen it. "
    WTF is wrong with you? O_o GO WATCH IT. 

"
    LOL THIS
    GoldenStar66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By GoldenStar66
    @BiteMe-Fanboy: Yep, that is my reason.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#68  Edited By SC  Moderator

I liked it, but I find it overrated. Then again, my favorite movies objectively aren't that great either. i thought it could have been a lot better. I liked Bale and Ledger's performances that being said also. Just not quite to the extent of others. I think the two characters they play are quite... it would take a bad actor, with bad directing and a bad script to get them wrong. 

rogue_mar1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#69  Edited By rogue_mar1e

I loved it.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#70  Edited By Billy Batson

not really

Mekboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Mekboy

A fantastic but super overrated film.

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#72  Edited By cyberninja

Watch "The Room" it's way better. 

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By TheGoldenOne
    I liked it very much.
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#74  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Only Contrarians don't like it.

Of course, those are the same people who say "Robocop 2 was actually a really well structured film"

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Nova`Prime`

I liked Batman Begins better, there was just something about Batman being the bad guy all of a sudden at the end that was just stupid.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#76  Edited By Kairan1979

I don't dislkie the movie. But I hated Rachel Daves with a passion. Worst "Batman's girl" EVER! Vicky Veil, Selina Kyle, even Chase Meridian were wonderful. Rachel? Not so much (both of them). I was almost happy when Joker killed her.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably the best part of it was Heath Ledger's adaptation of the Joker. I was weary at first on account of it being his last role, but it surprised me. I especially liked how he told lies to explain his disfigurement for the sake of a cheap thrill before the kill. My favorite line was this:

I'm like a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do if I actually caught one!

It's an added thud to an existing heartbeat, but I'm sad to see it played out so much. It's like enjoying your favorite book till a guy in a sweater vest with thick-framed glasses sits down right next to you, holding the same exact copy. Right down to the imperfections and cover creases.
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Caligula
    @sesquipedalophobe said:
    " Probably the best part of it was Heath Ledger's adaptation of the Joker. I was weary at first on account of it being his last role, but it surprised me. I especially liked how he told lies to explain his disfigurement for the sake of a cheap thrill before the kill. My favorite line was this:

I'm like a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do if I actually caught one!

It's an added thud to an existing heartbeat, but I'm sad to see it played out so much. It's like enjoying your favorite book till a guy in a sweater vest with thick-framed glasses sits down right next to you, holding the same exact copy. Right down to the imperfections and cover creases. "
    wasn't his last role. He was in the Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus and another Movie that I can't think of the name of. Both came out after the Dark Knight.
    Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Caligula: Oh. You're right about Doctor Parnassus being his last film, though. His list of credits in IMDB shows Dark Knight his second to last and I'm Not There as his third.
    KenTheProfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By KenTheProfile

@BiteMe-Fanboy:
     Seeing that you did not like Heath Ledgers Joker. What whould you like? Ceaser Romero?

Ledger Joker was Great he just funny enough and total balls to the wall insane.
    But I like black humor so I laughed more at things he did then others most likely do.

also part of the reason it was great was because Nolan treated like a Crime film not a superhero film.

However there are a few things that are wrong with it. not the film so much as the lack of respect for the three men who a doubt anyone could not like there performaces in the FIlm. Gary Oldman, Mike Caine, and Arron Eckheart where prefect and got no respect.

Bale was a good batman(smoker's vioce wtf) but a great bruce wayne. It seem the can never cast the part right. Keaton was great batman, bad bruce. Kilmer was just alright and clooney just sucked.

for now TDK is the best batman film ever made. maybe someday someone will get it perfect but i won't hold my breath.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy
    @KenTheProfile:
    No Caption Provided
    THAT'S Joker.

@FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " Only Contrarians don't like it. Of course, those are the same people who say "Robocop 2 was actually a really well structured film" "

Trust me. Even if everyone hated TDK, i'd still dislike it.
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#82  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @Caligula said:

" Christian Bale did fine. He was portraying Batman how he was supposed to be portrayed. Dick Grayson once said that Batman does a poor Clint Eastwood voice imitation. Bale did it on purpose. "

True but the scene where he told Joker he'd lock him in a padded cell was laughable.Believe it or not but i actually thought he was saying that he'd turn him in to a peanut .
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#83  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @BiteMe-Fanboy:
    No that's a joke.
    As for TDK,i simply prefer Begins.
    KenTheProfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By KenTheProfile

@BiteMe-Fanboy
      the way i took it was that Nicholoson Joker( which I liked)  was more like the Denny O'neil's Joker still a crime boss and  crazy.

Leger Joker was more Killing Joke or Arkham Asylum just pure insanity.

it the old argument like which Max Cady or  Willy Wonka was better, the answers is both there really just the same charecter in name.

azraelotaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

It is a bad movie disguised as a good one.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.