Will Batman die in Dark Knight Rises?

#1 Posted by Thor'sHammer (67 posts) - - Show Bio

It is the final Nolan/Bale batman flick, and what better way to go out? Bane broke the Bat, but in this world maybe he kills him and sends him into martyrdom. That would end the series on a dark note, and any later film would be obviously separate.

#2 Edited by The_Tree (7519 posts) - - Show Bio

No, it'd piss too many people off. It'll probably end with Bruce realizing that Gotham needs their symbol of hope, the Batman.

#3 Posted by ShaneWSmith (4 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it will end with him passing the torch on. The basic idea being that he has helped Gotham fix itself to the point where there is no role for a masked vigilante.

#4 Posted by JediXMan (30705 posts) - - Show Bio

I think "Bruce Wayne" will die. I think that it will end with him being Batman 100%, no longer thinking of himself as Bruce. "Bruce" being just a persona now. He was close in Dark Knight, and I think this will push him over the edge.

#5 Posted by entropy_aegis (15338 posts) - - Show Bio

Doubtful.

#6 Posted by Mr. Smiths (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

Doubtful.

#7 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33615 posts) - - Show Bio
@Eyelash30 said:

Batman dying in a movie...or in a comic....or anything in particular...hmmmm....no. This is a comic book movie set to cater to EVERYONE. The franchise is worth billions to Warner Brother's from its last movie already. Furthermore the rumor mills of the studio has sets to see Batman in a Justice League movie as well within the following year of 2013 or 2014. But not with Bale assumingly. I'll believe Warner Brothers or DC Comics would kill off a billion dollar character like Batman than I would check my window for flying pigs.

Well Nolan said this was going to be the end of Batmans story and it will be in a way that no one else can follow it on unless it's a reboot.
#8 Posted by The Devil Tiger (1263 posts) - - Show Bio

He will die, but symbolically and almost surely not at the end of the movie. Probably when he will come to transcend the death of his parent in a way or another.

#9 Posted by Billy Batson (58068 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt it.
BB

#10 Posted by White Assassin (204 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce Wayne wakes up in the hospital a child and realizes its all been a dream and lives his life lol

#11 Posted by White Assassin (204 posts) - - Show Bio

have i killed the thread? lol

#12 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes he will die

#13 Posted by KingofMadCows (345 posts) - - Show Bio

The ending will be ambiguous. We won't know if he's dead or alive.

#14 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

My guess is a metaphorical death of either Bruce Wayne or Bruce-as-Batman with a handing off of the cowl to someone else.

#15 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce will die, and Joseph Gordon Levitt's character will take his place.

You can't hire a famous dude like JGL and expect him to play a small part. There's gotta be more than what we've been told about him.

#16 Posted by Thor'sHammer (67 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: I think you are right. The death may be more literal, and a new Batman will emerge.

#17 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I also think that JGL's character's name will be Richard Grayson.

...But then again, I also think that Phil Coulson's gonna turn out to be Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell) in the Avengers movie, so you can take my theories however you want, lol.

#18 Posted by Watcherg6 (263 posts) - - Show Bio

BAtman will not die, and has far has Joseph Gordon Levitt's character, he'll probly be like HArvey bullock

#19 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
I hope not.
#20 Posted by Thor'sHammer (67 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw the movie at a screening last night!!!!! NO SPOILERS!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.