Why does Nolan hate sexy women?

#1 Edited by Skunkstein (591 posts) - - Show Bio

Just saw the the TDKR trailer and it looked good... im warming up for Hathaway, but only her lines and how she delivers them.

Why cant he just put a woman with sex appeal in this role? Catwoman who is arguably the sexiest fictional character ever written. He doesnt have a problem by casting men with sex appeal so why not women? - I dont approve of female actresses who only have good looks to offer (Megan Fox - Transformers/Boobs with legs), but if you need to play one of the sexiest fictional characters ever - please cast an actress that makes me purr.

Nolan sucks at casting women... Urgh! Maggie Gyllenhaal as the love interest between the goddamn Batman and Harvey Dent, Katie Holmes who is good looking but a terrible actress and now Anne Hathaway who is a weak actress with a pleasent face but zero sex appeal. So far i dont have enough material to say whenever she will play the part of Catwoman, but URGH her look - i hate it. And whats up with the high heels??

Nolan is trying to aim for a realistic Batman, yet he gives his Catwoman 8 inch heels and long hair that isnt tucked away. Even the modern (new 52) Catwoman doesnt wear high heels, she uses tactical boots with atlethic rubber soles. She havent worn high heels for ages.

I always hated the fact that all female superheroes had to wear these stupid high heels, sure... i guess it looks sexy, but it just doesnt make sense. Im glad that we're past that... apparently not in movies though.

#2 Posted by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

......you think her face is pleasant?

#3 Edited by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

"Start getting women that look pleasing to my eyes and inspire sexual feelings within me and not these average females"

=\

We are moving backwards

#4 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1008 posts) - - Show Bio

Anne Hathaway has a lot of male fans. Many think she's sexy. You're going to have to deal with it.

#5 Edited by Skunkstein (591 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz said:

"Start getting women that look pleasing to my eyes and inspire sexual feelings within me and not these average females"

=\

We are moving backwards

What?? I didnt understand that sentence?

Youre saying that i dont find Hathaway attractive? I do... But i dont find her sexy, not in the way that Catwoman is.

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

Anne Hathaway has a lot of male fans. Many think she's sexy. You're going to have to deal with it.

Im a fan aswell. No, not as many as you may think. She is beautiful, but she doesnt have sex appeal.

@BlackArmor said:

What? You dont?

#6 Posted by joshmightbe (24884 posts) - - Show Bio

Hathaway looks to fragile to be Catwoman, I know Selina has never been huge but she needs to have some muscle on her. Hathaway looks like a stiff breeze could kill her

#7 Posted by Skunkstein (591 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

Hathaway looks to fragile to be Catwoman, I know Selina has never been huge but she needs to have some muscle on her. Hathaway looks like a stiff breeze could kill her

I agree very much on this...

#8 Posted by inferiorego (23263 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh troll threads...

Staff
#9 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4710 posts) - - Show Bio

I would let Hathaway steal my diamonds, if you know what I'm saying.

#10 Posted by PowerHerc (83401 posts) - - Show Bio

Hathaway isn't a good choice for Catwoman but she's hot.

Katie Holmes is pretty, but not hot.

Gyllenhaal isn't even close to being pretty, let alone hot.

#11 Posted by joshmightbe (24884 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc: I don't think Hathaway is that hot, yea she's pretty and all but I like my women to have some curves

#12 Posted by Skunkstein (591 posts) - - Show Bio

@inferiorego said:

Oh troll threads...

Im dead serious, bro.

#13 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

@inferiorego said:

Oh troll threads...

you wouldn't call it a troll thread if someone complained about how they got Brad Pitt to play Beak

I don't think there's anything wrong with asking for the actress that will have to dominate our comic fanboy fantasies for decades to come to be sexy?

#14 Posted by Joygirl (19567 posts) - - Show Bio

I concur here. Nolan has had serious issues with casting women... even Inception didn't have a generally hot female character (Ellen Page is cute, Cotillard is handsome). I will concur that Hathaway is not a good choice for Selina.

#15 Posted by PowerHerc (83401 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

@PowerHerc: I don't think Hathaway is that hot, yea she's pretty and all but I like my women to have some curves

Her bust isn't to bad, but I do admit she's on the skinny side.

#16 Posted by The Stegman (24053 posts) - - Show Bio

Hot isn't always better

case in point 

#17 Posted by Skunkstein (591 posts) - - Show Bio

@sesquipedalophobe said:

Oh yes, even though i dont think she have the raw sexuality that Selina does, i would still let her have a go at my jewels, if you feel what im talking about.

#18 Posted by joshmightbe (24884 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc: Well at least she's not Paris Hilton "Leather stretched over a biology class skeleton" skinny that Hollywood keeps telling us is hot for some reason that I don't comprehend

#19 Posted by Skunkstein (591 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

Hot isn't always better

case in point

Well, i DID hate the movie and it DID suck balls...

But the ONLY thing good in that movie what that above body, and in the looks department (ignoring the suit) then Halle Berry is arguably the hottest and most fitting Catwoman on the big screen...

#20 Posted by The Stegman (24053 posts) - - Show Bio
@Skunkstein: Hottest? Yes, most fitting? No, I still think Michelle Pfeiffer's performance was the best so far, but who knows? Hathaway might be good, we don't know til the movie comes out.
#21 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

You gay, bro?

#22 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4710 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skunkstein said:

@sesquipedalophobe said:

Oh yes, even though i dont think she have the raw sexuality that Selina does, i would still let her have a go at my jewels, if you feel what im talking about.

#23 Posted by Joygirl (19567 posts) - - Show Bio

^Lmfao at Robin in the background. "Yeah we're high-fiving about something! I wish I could too but I'll just kinda stand here and cheer! Winner plays me!"

#24 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4710 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm starting to believe I'm a thread killer.

#25 Posted by Skunkstein (591 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman:

I didnt mean most fitting as in she captured Selinas personality. Everything in that movie was laughable at best, plot, characters, acting... jesus man, that movie was bad.

But if we ignore everything and just focus on looks and if we gave Halle Berry a better custome then i think she was the most fitting Catwoman.

Hathaway could at least have buffed up a little for the role.

#26 Edited by Skunkstein (591 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

^Lmfao at Robin in the background. "Yeah we're high-fiving about something! I wish I could too but I'll just kinda stand here and cheer! Winner plays me!"

Revenge is sweet though...

#27 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84682 posts) - - Show Bio

Marion Cottilard is hot/sexy. I'll take what I can get with Nolan.

#28 Posted by The Stegman (24053 posts) - - Show Bio
@Skunkstein:  

But if we ignore everything and just focus on looks and if we gave Halle Berry a better custome then i think she was the most fitting Catwoman.

Hathaway could at least have buffed up a little for the role.

Technically if we ignore everything and just focus on looks, people will question why catwoman is..y'know, black. But the thing is we SHOULD'NT ignore everything but looks, this is a movie, not a cosplay tournament. 
#29 Edited by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skunkstein said:

@BlackArmor said:

What? You dont?

Nope, the rest of her isn't bad, skinny yeah, but her face looks.....I don't know...off

#30 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3510 posts) - - Show Bio

How dare Nolan get realistically attractive women for his movies! He should do his part and perpetuate the unrealistic expectations that young people have for women! How else are we going to keep all of those eating disorder therapy clinics open?

#31 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7757 posts) - - Show Bio

According to most Viners:

U no like Nolan?

U a troll. LOCK.

#32 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

Michelle Pfeiffer>>>>>Anne Hathaway.

#33 Posted by entropy_aegis (15255 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

Michelle Pfeiffer>>>>>Anne Hathaway.

BOOOOOOOOO,Hathaways Selina will be a better character.Atleast she wont be resurrected by stray cats biting her toes.

#34 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

BOOOOOOOOO,Hathaways Selina will be a better character.Atleast she wont be resurrected by stray cats biting her toes.

But I liked Michelle Pfeiffer chugging milk.....

#35 Posted by entropy_aegis (15255 posts) - - Show Bio

@royale_with_cheese said:

@entropy_aegis said:

But I liked Michelle Pfeiffer chugging milk.....

I liked when Batman punched her.

#36 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

I liked when Batman punched her.

I liked it when Anne Hathaway tried to be sexy in Broke Back Mountain, but failed miserably.

#37 Posted by OmegaTheDestroyer (1009 posts) - - Show Bio

Marion Cotillard makes up for them.

Plus Hathaway is very attractive.

#38 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

According to most Viners:

U no like Nolan?

U a troll. LOCK.

I think it was more over the possible sexist implications rather than disliking Nolan.

#39 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

Bahahahaha, Anne Hathaway is as sexy as they come!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.