Follow

The Dark Knight Rises

Movie » The Dark Knight Rises released on July 20, 2012.

Taking place eight years after The Dark Knight, Bruce Wayne has given up on being Batman, overwhelmed with grief for his lost love. But when a terrorist named Bane overwhelms Gotham City's Police, The Dark Knight must rise one more time to defeat this new menace.

Why can't 'The Dark Knight Rises' (July 20, anyone) come sooner?

SpideySense

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By SpideySense
    No Caption Provided

I am just going to say this straight, head on, no beating around the bush:

I cannot wait for the final installment of Christopher Nolan's Batman saga, The Dark Knight Rises.

I'm sure most of you will agree to me that the anticipation is killing us. Blogs have been buzzing, comic fans and non-comic readers alike are talking. As a matter of fact, here I am, another blogger, talking about it. Truly, this saga has created a roar on the internet, the big screen, and the general public that will be heard for at least another decade.

In this most-awaited installment, Catwoman will be played by Anne Hathaway, Bane by Tom Hardy, Ra's Al Ghul by Liam Neeson. What's there not to be excited about? Of course the ever scary voice of Batman and charm of Bruce Wayne will still be played by Christian Bale (wouldn't have it any other way). I am just really buzzing in my shoes on how the new villains will top Heath Ledger's performance as Joker, which won him the coveted Oscar, because you've got to admit...his portrayal of the character has got be one of the most spine-chilling acts not only in the history of superhero movies, but also of movies in general.

A lot speculations are also coming in for the fate of the dark, caped hero. While others think that Batman's shadow leaving Gotham would just be too devastating, some say that it might be the only way to really end the film. As a fan of Batman, I wouldn't want to see him dead...BUT so long as the film can justify whatever course it had decided to go through, then I'm a happy camper. So far, Christopher Nolan and Christian Bale have lived up higher than expectations, and I am confident that they will follow through, one last time. For Batman's sake. And really, whatever road they have decided to tackle, I have to say kudos to each and everyone involved in creating this epic masterpiece of all time. Cheers!

Spidey out. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.