Things you don't want to see in The Dark Knight Rises

#1 Posted by OracleX (294 posts) - - Show Bio

This is my personal list. I'd like to see what others come up with. Here is what I don't want to see happen in the movie.

-James Gordon killed off: I love the character and it would be cruel punishment for a guy who took a huge a chance and allied himself with guy who dresses as a bat.

-Catwoman/Selina Kyle romantically hook up with Bruce Wayne.

-Talia al Ghul: I know all about the online rumors, but I really don't know what her role would be except to become the mother his son.

-Alfred killed off: Same reason as Gordon except more so as Alfred supported his crazy employer's whims and mentored him.

-The Lazarus pits: They don't seem fit Nolan's gritty reality.

Any other ideas?

#2 Posted by KenTheProfile (412 posts) - - Show Bio

Catwoman/Selina Kyle romantically hook up with Bruce Wayne. Why Not? it who he belongs with.

#3 Posted by Illuminatus (9497 posts) - - Show Bio
@OracleX: James Gordon, Lucius Fox, and Bruce Wayne will all either be irreparably injured or killed, in my opinion. 
#4 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32862 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman surviving

#5 Posted by JediXMan (29665 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't want Bruce Wayne to physically die. I want him to mentally die; for the personality of Bruce Wayne to be 100% gone, to the point where there is only Batman and Bruce is nothing more than a mask. Yes, they've hinted at this, but he hasn't made the complete transformation. Rachel was his last tie to humanity. If there is a romance with Catwoman or anybody else, it should be for Batman, not Bruce.

#6 Posted by TheWitchingHour (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

I really don't want to see Anne Hathaway as Catwoman....but I'm gonna have to deal with it anyway :(

#7 Posted by HolySerpent (12463 posts) - - Show Bio

Do people really thinks its a possibility for batman to be killed in this movie?

#8 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5346 posts) - - Show Bio

@HolySerpent: Well Nolan said somewhere That He wants to end the movie in a way that couldn't warrant a copy//spinoffs etc. So death would be pretty final. nd more realistic. I could one person survive so long fighting criminals solo.

#9 Edited by sesquipedalophobe (4692 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Bruce Wayne the mask, Batman the person clichés.
  • Conversations and soliloquies from nonessential characters (guards and citizens on the boats, the old man in the water district).
  • Corrupt cops, social-climbing mobsters.
  • Scarecrow, Robin, easter eggs.
Batman dead and unmasked would paint a pretty picture for the people of Gotham given Wayne's wealth and seeming apathy. I have no objection to this.
#10 Posted by Saren (25317 posts) - - Show Bio

Talia al Ghul. At all.

#11 Posted by XMASCATEXE (135 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure I can really think of anything. The themes in his films are fairly predictable, and not in a bad way either, but I know what to expect to see in the film and what not to expect.

Like I wanted Harley way before any details were released but I knew that wouldn't fit Nolan's style so I never expected it. Likewise I expect explosion, Bat vehicles and the same drama, action and pretense I've come to expect from him.

I do however want a hard exotic blood letting sex scene or ten between Batman and Catwoman with many gratuitous shot's of everyone's bare bodies and butts, and maybe, no wait, definitely Tom Hardy thrown into that equation at least once and stripped to his....sigh, RARG!!!! But I digress, see Nolan's style.

#12 Posted by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio

@OracleX said:

This is my personal list. I'd like to see what others come up with. Here is what I don't want to see happen in the movie.

-James Gordon killed off: I love the character and it would be cruel punishment for a guy who took a huge a chance and allied himself with guy who dresses as a bat.

-Catwoman/Selina Kyle romantically hook up with Bruce Wayne.

-Talia al Ghul: I know all about the online rumors, but I really don't know what her role would be except to become the mother his son.

-Alfred killed off: Same reason as Gordon except more so as Alfred supported his crazy employer's whims and mentored him.

-The Lazarus pits: They don't seem fit Nolan's gritty reality.

Any other ideas?

same as you

Also @Guardiandevil83 said:

@HolySerpent: Well Nolan said somewhere That He wants to end the movie in a way that couldn't warrant a copy//spinoffs etc. So death would be pretty final. nd more realistic. I could one person survive so long fighting criminals solo.

damn...

#13 Posted by ghost_runner (277 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheWitchingHour said:

I really don't want to see Anne Hathaway as Catwoman....but I'm gonna have to deal with it anyway :(

#14 Posted by csimon (2110 posts) - - Show Bio

The end credits call me a hater if you will, But i could care less about this movie. I can't wait till the reboot then maybe i can be a fan again.

#15 Posted by Kairan1979 (16711 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't want to see Rachel's grave, or any mentions of her at all.

#16 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32862 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't want to see young Bruce Wayne waking up at the bottom of that old abandoned well and realizing that it's all been a fever induced nightmare caused by exposure  

#17 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7589 posts) - - Show Bio

Directed

by

Christopher Nolan

#18 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

the joker coming back to life

#19 Posted by Bogey (934 posts) - - Show Bio

A movie without Bane's venom. If Nolan's "gritty reality" doesn't include this then why have Bane as a character at all.

#20 Posted by JSH92 (414 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bogey: Interestingly, in most of his comic book appearances, Bane does not use venom. He gets off it after Knightfall.

I don't want to see Joker.

#21 Edited by Vitality (1761 posts) - - Show Bio

@HolySerpent: I do. If you remember what Dent says. You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

#22 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700 said:

the joker coming back to life

The Joker never died...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.