'The Dark Knight Rises' Standee Art Leaks Online

Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Things have been rather quiet on the 'Dark Knight Rises' front as of late, but that doesn't mean that production on the film isn't well underway. Though we haven't seen new footage in quite a while, we did catch a peek at the life-sized Batman promotional art that we'll be seeing pop up in theaters throughout the country. Superherohype got a peek at the official 'Dark Knight Rises' theater standee art featuring both Batman and Bane. A smaller image was also released featuring Catwoman as well as Bane striking a slightly different pose.

If you work at a movie theater and have the chance to snag one of these for yourselves, we totally wouldn't blame you. Who wouldn't want a life sized Batman in their bedroom? I certainly wouldn't complain.

'The Dark Knight Rises' is directed by Christopher Nolan and is scheduled to hit theaters across the U.S. on July 20th. The film stars Christian Bale as Batman, Michael Cain as Alfred, Tom Hardy as Bane and Anne Hathaway as Catwoman.

== TEASER ==

Source: Superherohype

#1 Posted by Billy Batson (58070 posts) - - Show Bio

pretty cool
BB

#2 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I love that Batman costume.

#3 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9095 posts) - - Show Bio

looks awesome! Can't wait to see if this will live up to the Dark Knight

#4 Posted by sora_thekey (8176 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane looks wicked!

#5 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

i still dont like Bane's design, although Catwoman's looks better.

#6 Posted by feargalr (1163 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup...... there's Catwoman with her... iconic... 9mm handgun... *sigh*

#7 Posted by Greenflashlight (183 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it just me or does Batman look way better then in the other movies? But Catwoman still looks awefull

#8 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2261 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it just me, or does Batman look bulkier here than he did in the second movie? Could that be he actually beefed up or just photoshop?

#9 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

Daaamn Bane looks insane

#10 Posted by Joygirl (20045 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate Catwoman's outfit (specifically the ears). She looks like a fifteen year old trying to look sexy on Halloween. Bane looks surprisingly badass without his big dumb coat. Batman's head looks big.

#11 Posted by The Impersonator (5508 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

I love that Batman costume.

#12 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29505 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks awesome.

#13 Posted by KidSupreme (829 posts) - - Show Bio

thats freaking amazing work!

#14 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11745 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool.

#15 Posted by Vortex13 (12263 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArtisticNeedham said:

Is it just me, or does Batman look bulkier here than he did in the second movie? Could that be he actually beefed up or just photoshop?

These aren't photos of the actors just standee's, they put these up at movie theaters for advertisement. Some pretty bad ass advertisement if you ask me lol.

#16 Posted by cattlebattle (12830 posts) - - Show Bio

Bat-melon-head-man

#17 Posted by zachkastner (188 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman looks bigger, which is awesome. And I love the cape over his shoulder and being grabbed in his other hand. It looks like something out of a Jim Lee Batman poses book.

CANNOT WAIT.

#18 Posted by maxicere (936 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman suit is great BUT I still hating the mask... the mask kills all design

#19 Posted by SpidermanWins (3982 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane looks great and I love that batsuit

#20 Posted by J1ml33 (540 posts) - - Show Bio

It all screams Knightfall to me [ in a really good way ^_^ ] surely the Dark Knight   will Rise this summer [ this makes me even more interested in see it too . In Chris Nolan we trust ...

viva la Kelley Jones
#21 Posted by Mjdemon (51 posts) - - Show Bio

cant understand the hate Catwoman gets in this lol. Did ppl expect her to actually have the huge pointy ears. She looks real good as a cat burglar which she is. They all look great. Nolan is great at making these batman characters seem more real.

#22 Posted by xanthiss (177 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I agree, Bat-Bulb-Head looks terrible. The rest of the armor look awesome.

#23 Edited by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
@Greenflashlight said:

Is it just me or does Batman look way better then in the other movies? But Catwoman still looks awefull

Christian Bale dropped a LOT of weight for the Fighter. He would have had to put it all back on, and then some.

Edit: Apologies, I was supposed to quote the post below you.
#24 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Not bad at all! Really feeling Selina's likeness especially :)

#25 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
Awesome.
#26 Posted by entropy_aegis (15341 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane's vest is different,the original is green this one matches the color of his pants(blue).He's also more ripped.

#27 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks bad.

#28 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

Catwoman, Black Widow called - she wants her guns and suit back.

#29 Posted by UnsolvedParadox (262 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman looks bad ass, that is some serious armor.

#30 Posted by Chibi-Iroh (388 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know which one I want lol.

#31 Posted by MrMazz (1252 posts) - - Show Bio

That Bane statue makes me want to buy it right now

#32 Edited by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to have the official one for Batman Returns (a collage of the various characters) in my room. It was from a friend who worked at a theater, not I. They just threw them in a basement to rot after use then though, I'm not sure what happens with promotional display items now (I assume the same difference depending on). The quality has increased these over the years. The depth didn't stand out as well on the Returns one like these do.

#33 Posted by Saren (25698 posts) - - Show Bio

@feargalr said:

LOL.

#34 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

@feargalr said:

LOL.

XD

Well, I'm sort of okay with the way Bats and Catwoman look. I mean I prefer the actual movies than the character designs in those actually....

But I still can't get my hand around the wa y Bane looks! It's so silly, idiotic... I mean even a luchadore going after Bats (in the comics) makes more sense than this guy with those "panties" over his face!....

#35 Posted by feargalr (1163 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane: Nice choice of avatar there haha

#36 Posted by dvorak (187 posts) - - Show Bio

Those are going to be worth so much on the collector market.

#37 Posted by termiteone4ever (7575 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks good

#38 Posted by Omega-Man (762 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis:

Well look at Batman he looks twice the size of Bale in the suit his upper body is huge compared to Bale.

#39 Posted by blueninjapanther (677 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman looks awesome as always but I really hate how Bane looks. It just look stupid. I hate the mouth piece. Is it supposed to look like teeth?

#40 Posted by Doctor!!!!! (2055 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman looks like a Bat-Ass! yeah, i'm starting this!

#41 Posted by Watcherg6 (263 posts) - - Show Bio

How much do we know about this movie? there will be a bat plane? yes

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.