Nyeh. Unsure about Anne's line delivery. :/

I like what I see from her so far.

#4 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't even breathe.

This is just... Seriously.

#5 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123: I need to see more, before making a final judgement. :/

#6 Posted by Aiden Cross (15562 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks ok, When i heard the first Batman line i was 'yay he toned down the batvoice' when i heard the last line 'ok... maybe not..'

#7 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect said:

I can't even breathe.

This is just... Seriously.

This was my general impression.

#8 Posted by WildStyle (331 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks cool. Can't say the trailer got me super pumped but I dig it.

#9 Posted by Andy Steven Summers (5232 posts) - - Show Bio

@WildStyle said:

This.

@Aiden Cross said:

Looks ok, When i heard the first Batman line i was 'yay he toned down the batvoice' when i heard the last line 'ok... maybe not..'

And this.

#10 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11376 posts) - - Show Bio

<3

#11 Posted by RUKM (279 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks super Depressing

#12 Posted by BlackArmor (6137 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn.....well I'm pumped

#13 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

@WildStyle said:

#14 Posted by nandizzle (63 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG... OMG OMG

#15 Posted by Illuminatus (9504 posts) - - Show Bio

Impressive trailer.

#16 Posted by damswedon (499 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not the biggest Christopher Nolan fan to begin with so take this with a grain of salt, but that was bad. I'm not saying the film will be bad, I bet Christopher Nolan can make a fine Chris Nolan-assed film, but that was a bad trailer.

#17 Posted by VampireSelektor (749 posts) - - Show Bio

The cleaner Gotham looks, the worse shape it's in.

#18 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7738 posts) - - Show Bio

Screw this. The new Prometheus trailer was released also.

#19 Posted by The Man of Yesteryear (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it just me or does Bane at 1:00 sound like Ra's Al Ghul from the first movie?

#20 Edited by Kal'smahboi (3509 posts) - - Show Bio

This continues to look awesome. I'm super pumped :)

#21 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Screw this. The new Prometheus trailer was released also.

Link?

#22 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@damswedon said:

I'm not the biggest Christopher Nolan fan to begin with so take this with a grain of salt, but that was bad. I'm not saying the film will be bad, I bet Christopher Nolan can make a fine Chris Nolan-assed film, but that was a bad trailer.

How so?

#23 Posted by rogue_mar1e (19833 posts) - - Show Bio

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

#24 Posted by Illuminatus (9504 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@damswedon said:

How so?

There wasn't enough Sam Witwicky and explosions.

#25 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

July, please hurry up and get here.

#26 Posted by Mercy_ (92685 posts) - - Show Bio

fangasms

#27 Posted by Saren (25618 posts) - - Show Bio

At least Bane was clearer.

@Illuminatus said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@damswedon said:

How so?

LOL.

#28 Edited by damswedon (499 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@damswedon said:

How so?

No, more the complete lack of the middle to that trailer. There is nothing that makes Bane look intimidating, he is shown in a plane and then he is talking to Bruce but there is nothing there showing him to be a threat. There are the shots of disaster, but they could as easily be part of some other terrorist act from another group. Oh, and his awful voice doesn't help. Then there is the Bland Narration by Catwoman, where we are told that Bane is a threat, but like I said we aren't shown a god damned reason to believe that. I don't know about you, but I subscribe to this old saying of "a picture is worth a thousand words", hell all they had to do was show Bane punching a guy and I might buy into it.

So, I don't care about the explosion count, hell, up to the point where I heard how bad Bane's voice was I would of been happy if the film was just Batman sitting in a room talking to the Bane that the first, or maybe second, trailer had shown us. You know, the one that was basically Alan Grant's Anarky, but in the body of Bane because you can't sell the fact that a Teenage boy might just be able to old his own in a philosophical discussion with Batman to the kids.

And screw you for assuming what a person might think about anything based on two sentences. It isn't like I'm some prolific writer of user reviews, or that I've posted on the forums a whole bunch so you could make some kind of guess as to how I think.

#29 Edited by Loki9876 (3005 posts) - - Show Bio

It's very cool but can somebody tell me what Bane said I could not understand. I'm lucky that in my country we allways get the english version with subtitles

oh and maybe it's based on no man's land a bit

#30 Posted by Illuminatus (9504 posts) - - Show Bio
@damswedon: Relax. I'm just being sardonic. What you thought of the trailer is of no importance to me, simply because it's a trailer. Rarely are they ever indicative of the quality of the final product, so I'm not sure why you're taking offense and saying, "Screw you" to me. There's plenty of ways to be civil and have a healthy debate (and I don't even want one in the first place). Debating about trailers for films is like debating about the complexity of the plots on Gossip Girl: completely pointless.
#31 Posted by Illuminatus (9504 posts) - - Show Bio
@damswedon said:

hell all they had to do was show Bane punching a guy and I might buy into it.

There is a shot of Bane thrashing Bruce in the trailer, although it is a "blink and you'll miss it" type of shot.
#32 Posted by NewKid (359 posts) - - Show Bio

what does everyone want?

every time a new trailer gets released, everyone bitches and moans about it.

i don't want the trailer to give away the whole movie... i want it to be a bit mysterious and show me a few cool shots.

i'm personally pumped after watching this :D

can't wait!

#33 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. 

If you thought it was bad, I have some unfortunate news for you... 

You're a moron. 
#34 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@Loki9876 said:

It's very cool but can somebody tell me what Bane said I could not understand. I'm lucky that in my country we allways get the english version with subtitles

oh and maybe it's based on no man's land a bit

1st Scene

Random man: What are you?

Bane: I'm Gotham's reckoning.

2nd Scene

Bruce: Why didn't you just kill me?

Bane: Your punishment must be more severe.

I'm still not sold on Anne Hathaway as Catwoman, specifically, wearing the Catwoman costume. Why doesn't she have short hair for this role?

#35 Posted by damswedon (499 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus: Hey, maybe next time you want to make a joke that could be seen as insulting to someone, don't. Or at least don't do it in a place where that persons might be able to see it and take offence.

As for the thrashing, I wouldn't call throwing a punch that we don't see connect in the general direction of Batman a thrashing. I'd call it throwing a punch that we don't see connect in the general direction of Batman. It looks like he pushes an unmasked Bruce at one point, but the lighting isn't all that good so without context it could just be Bane really hates children with that hairstyle. Then there is the part where it looks like he is setting off the bomb/earthquake thing at the American Football game, which it looks like he is at the game in that tunnel the players come out of. If that is true then he is an idiot, and hopefully this is all a ruse and the film is actually all Talia because Bane is an idiot. Hell, at this point I'm just hoping Nolan doesn't do the same thing to her as he did to Ra's Al Ghul and Harvey Dent in Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, and waste their potential for mayhem in the last thirty minutes, because we need to be reminded that being Batman is hard. It wasn't like you wasn't already conveying that with The Scarecrow and The Joker.

#36 Posted by Illuminatus (9504 posts) - - Show Bio
@damswedon: Dude, it's a trailer. Maybe you should wait until the film is actually released. I'm up for actually having a productive film debate (I'm planning on attending the LA film school in the fall) after the film is released. Get back to me then.
#37 Posted by damswedon (499 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus: This is a forum for discussion, and this just happens to be a topic about this trailer. That would imply that we should have a discussion about the Trailer.

#38 Posted by Loki9876 (3005 posts) - - Show Bio

@royale_with_cheese: thanks

#39 Edited by Illuminatus (9504 posts) - - Show Bio
@damswedon: Obviously, but your posts are inferring that the trailer is somehow "bad" because it just doesn't happen to include the things you wanted to see in a trailer. Why not keep yourself free of those shots you crave so dearly, and wait to see them on a glorious theater screen? There's no point in debating your points because the basis you've put them upon doesn't make any sense. Let us also not forget that your opinions are completely subjective, and from what I can tell, you're teetering on the brink of stating them in a unequivocal manner. You never even bothered to state that this was merely your opinion, and then berated me for being sardonic and letting you know that there were certain shots in the trailer that you either overlooked or were not satisfied with. 

Can you discuss a trailer's plot? No. Can you discuss a trailer's acting? Not entirely, no. You can make small judgments on various incremental details such as the cinematography, tone, music, general sense of visual flare, etc. Discussing a trailer in a healthy manner is not about going on and on about what you're mad about you didn't see, and then dubbing the entire thing as "bad" without giving the slightest room to move for anyone else to refute your purely subjective, and fairly brash, opinions. But of course, these are only my subjective opinions on your posts and general disposition regarding this thread, the makings of a good film discussion, and your treatment towards other users without even bothering to ask what the context of their statements was. 

What is the point of a trailer? To peak someone's interest. Obviously it has peaked your interest. You'll go see it. Trailers have never been and never will be direct indicators of the final product's quality as a whole. That pretty much ends the discussion. 
#40 Posted by HolySerpent (12519 posts) - - Show Bio

Going to see this....I'm pumped

#41 Posted by Dhor (282 posts) - - Show Bio

as always haters will hate . apparently some people are just born to bitch and hate. it`s a sad world we live in

#42 Posted by Skunkstein (591 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good, Anna Hathaway seemed much better in this trailer, i liked her voice, im still not sold on her look. But awwww... i so hope the ending was a bad example of Batmans voice because that sounded just like it did in TDK. it seemed like 90 % of fans and haters alike hated Batmans voice in The Dark Knight, i hope they learned from that.

#43 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14595 posts) - - Show Bio

I only can say this.

#44 Posted by Daycrawler (553 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

@damswedon: Relax. I'm just being sardonic. What you thought of the trailer is of no importance to me, simply because it's a trailer. Rarely are they ever indicative of the quality of the final product, so I'm not sure why you're taking offense and saying, "Screw you" to me. There's plenty of ways to be civil and have a healthy debate (and I don't even want one in the first place). Debating about trailers for films is like debating about the complexity of the plots on Gossip Girl: completely pointless.

You do realise that sardonic means "Scornfully or cynically mocking"? Can understand why the guy's annoyed with you! If what he though of the trailer is of no importance to you then don't respond to his post by belittling him. He was only saying it was a bad trailer.

#45 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@Daycrawler said:

@Illuminatus said:

You do realise that sardonic means "Scornfully or cynically mocking"? Can understand why the guy's annoyed with you! If what he though of the trailer is of no importance to you then don't respond to his post by belittling him. He was only saying it was a bad trailer.

You don't need to defend him.

He got even with the "screw you" bit.

Things are fine now.

Breathe, Daycrawler.

Breathe.

#46 Posted by God_Spawn (37718 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks alright.

#47 Posted by k4tzm4n (40826 posts) - - Show Bio

Watched this last night and I'll I've gotta say is... 

Hey Avengers, I'm really happy for you and I'll let you finish, but The Dark Knight Rises looks like it's gonna be the best superhero movie of the year.

Staff
#48 Posted by Billy Batson (57957 posts) - - Show Bio

*jizz*
BB

#49 Posted by k4tzm4n (40826 posts) - - Show Bio
@damswedon:  

There is nothing that makes Bane look intimidating, he is shown in a plane and then he is talking to Bruce but there is nothing there showing him to be a threat.  

Saying that's simply "talking to Bruce" is downplaying it quite a bit.  He has Wayne at his mercy and Wayne flat-out asks "why didn't you just kill me?"  Clearly, things aren't going well for the dark knight.  Then there's the moment where we see Bane casually walk away and drop Batman's broken mask. 

There are the shots of disaster, but they could as easily be part of some other terrorist act from another group.  

It's heavily implied those operations are conducted by Bane.  Could Talia be behind it all?  Perhaps, but the viral marketing sent out map's of gotham with "Bane's strike plans" all over it.

Oh, and his awful voice doesn't help.  

This is a vaaaaaaast improvement over the prologue.  It's audible and understandable, so I'm fine with that.

Also, I see a remark about Bane being dumb?  That's far from true.
Staff
#50 Posted by Greendevil (2028 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.