TDKR might be in trouble

• 77 results
#1 Posted by joshmightbe (24767 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparently Nbc, CBS and Espn are pulling all their ads for the movie, add that to the probable drop in ticket sales due to some people being afraid to go and see it this weekend may not bode well for the franchise. I'm not questioning the quality of the movie just saying all these contributing factors aren't going to be helpful.

#2 Edited by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

That really sucks, I knew this was going to ruin it. Can't help but find it ironic how Heath Ledger's death helped The Dark Knight.

#3 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam said:

That really sucks, I knew this was going to ruin it. Can't help but find it ironic how Heath Ledger's death helped The Dark Knight.

Karma Houdini....... or Karma Irony. Either way, it's a shame, no movie, even the worst, which is probably not he case with this one, should be victim to terrorism

#4 Edited by Chaos Burn (1789 posts) - - Show Bio

sadly, as the shooter was dressed in such a similar fashion to Bane, and called himself the Joker, this film will be pointed as the influence, and will have a black spot on it....

Paris shut down their premiere of the film too

@AweSam: and yes, saying you're "dying" to watch it is insensitive, even in a non-joke way people may be offended, one of the victims was a 9 year old girl shot in the stomach, so think before you post

#5 Posted by joshmightbe (24767 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still planning to see it and I seriously doubt this will happen twice but I know a lot of people will be freaked out about it.

#6 Edited by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

I'm still planning to see it and I seriously doubt this will happen twice but I know a lot of people will be freaked out about it.

I am freaked out and bit wee scared and it will only premiere here in two weeks

#7 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

I heard that this franchise is cursed, believe it or not lol.

#8 Posted by joshmightbe (24767 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: If I believed in curses I'd say there was some evidence to support it but no magic involved here, just one lone psycho

#9 Posted by Chaos Burn (1789 posts) - - Show Bio

warnerbros has said 'no comment' to questions on pulling the movie.... it's too soon to tell, but removing TDKR altogether looks like one of their options - at least postponing it

#10 Posted by TheBigRedCheese (372 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll be seeing the movie tomorrow. It's sad when people are afraid to go see a movie because of some nutcase in Colorado.

#11 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

really? I heard the same about Superman.... what did you hear?

#12 Posted by joshmightbe (24767 posts) - - Show Bio

Some congressman had the nerve to blame the victims because no one was armed in the theater just in case something like this might happen. I'm sorry I don't believe we should have to carry a gun just to go see a movie

#13 Posted by CrimsonCake (2683 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheBigRedCheese said:

I'll be seeing the movie tomorrow. It's sad when people are afraid to go see a movie because of some nutcase in Colorado.

I know,and I'm paranoid but I wouldn't suspect that that would happen to me if I went to see it.It's not like he's part of a larger syndicate that plans to invade all the other theaters if that's what people are thinking.

#14 Posted by joshmightbe (24767 posts) - - Show Bio

@fables87: So you want to pull a movie because one psycho did something crazy? If it hadn't been this movie it would have been something else, people were killing each other long before movies came around. This guy just used this as an excuse for something he probably would have done any way.

#15 Posted by CrimsonCake (2683 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

@fables87: So you want to pull a movie because one psycho did something crazy? If it hadn't been this movie it would have been something else, people were killing each other long before movies came around. This guy just used this as an excuse for something he probably would have done any way.

I read this comment that said "Could you imagine if there was an 8 year old kid in that theater when it happened?And the shooter killed his parents?But he survived and decided to become batman to avenge his parents?That would have been cool."

Who knows that might have actually happened.So it could spawn something good (Not saying it's good)

#16 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake said:

@joshmightbe said:

I read this comment that said "Could you imagine if there was an 8 year old kid in that theater when it happened?And the shooter killed his parents?But he survived and decided to become batman to avenge his parents?That would have been cool."

Who knows that might have actually happened.So it could spawn something good (Not saying it's good)

highly doubt it and also, no one should be Batman, not worth it.

@joshmightbe said:

Some congressman had the nerve to blame the victims because no one was armed in the theater just in case something like this might happen. I'm sorry I don't believe we should have to carry a gun just to go see a movie

yeah, cause adding more guns into the whole business is the right solution.... What party does he belong to?

#17 Edited by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

The killer was wearing a bullet-proof armor and a weak hand-gun wasn't gonna stop him. people aren't gonna being carrying ak-47 everywhere.

#18 Posted by joshmightbe (24767 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy: His name is Louie Gohmert a republican from Texas

#19 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: why am I not surprised......?

#20 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

I would never let some little b*tch from Colarodo stop me from enjoying a movie because I'm scared. Im from Baltimore, lived in Detroit, currently living in Oakland. His b*tch a$$ better not come over here.

#21 Posted by FinnVarra (226 posts) - - Show Bio

They shouldn't pull the movie or the ads. This psycho shouldn't be allowed to ruin the movie for everyone.

@fables87 said:

I'm waiting for it to be on DVD. I agree they should pull the adds because the guy was in fact influenced on the movies.

Know that for a fact do you? You shouldn't assume things.

#22 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy said:

@Gambit1024 said:

really? I heard the same about Superman.... what did you hear?

A few years ago they talked about it on one of those "Top 20" lists that they do on VH1. This one was about the "best" movie curses, and The Dark Knight was at number 2 I believe (it was '08 or '09, give or take). Supposedly the soon-to-be trilogy at the time had suffered deaths on the set (crew, not cast), Morgan Freeman was in a car accident, Bale's whole incident with his family (he beat his mother or something like that), and obviously, the death of Heath Ledger. Then when you add this whole Colorado thing to the mix, it kind of reinforces the whole thing, lol. I'm sure you can find it on google or youtube if you search for it.

The Superman one was on the list as well. I never really understood that one. What was that one about?

#23 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

weird

#24 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: Long Story short, I think it was that every Superman actor ends up bad. Mainly Reeves, who ended up on a wheelchair, but there were more incidents with other Clarks. It seems superman is a career killer

#25 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy: Eh, the only one who really got the bad end of the stick was Reeve (to my knowledge). At least the others are alive and okay, lol.

#26 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

@Jorgevy: Eh, the only one who really got the bad end of the stick was Reeve (to my knowledge). At least the others are alive and okay, lol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman_curse

#27 Posted by Rumble Man (11073 posts) - - Show Bio

Moral of that story:

Dont **** with batman fans

#28 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy said:

@Gambit1024 said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman_curse

Huh. It has its own wiki page.

#29 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (8096 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn... That sucks.

#30 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024 said:

hmmmm Not sure about that...There something called obscurity....
#31 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_: correct, I think the only two Superman actors who haven't been killed injured or faded into obscurity are Welling and Routh. And They are still fairly recent.....

#32 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jorgevy said:

@SandMan_: correct, I think the only two Superman actors who haven't been killed injured or faded into obscurity are Welling and Routh. And They are still fairly recent.....

I believe The Superman curse is affecting Welling and Routh with obscurity. Haven't seen any of them in a big movie.
#33 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_: Routh was a pretty big character in Chuck, but that was a few years ago. Tom Welling just finished Smallville last year so.....

#34 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_: Routh is still around. He might not be huge, but he was in movies fairly recently. Since his Superman movie wasn't that huge, obscurity should be something he's used to by now. Welling? I haven't heard from him since Smallville ended.

#35 Posted by joshmightbe (24767 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: he produced that cheerleader show that got canceled

#36 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jorgevy: @Gambit1024: More or so....But they are fading....
#37 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024 said:

George Reeves killed himself.  

Margot Kidder had a nervous breakdown.  

The Siegel family is entirely made up of douchebags. 
#38 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_ said:

@Jorgevy: @Gambit1024: More or so....But they are fading....

Slightly yes, hopefulyl not a big deal. Welling has done nothing since Smallville ended according to IMDB, so that's 1 year. Routh since Chuck (1 or two years ago) has done a few shorts from what IMDB tells.

#39 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jorgevy: Let;s see what happends...maybe you where right...playing Superman is a career killer.
#40 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_ said:

@Jorgevy: Let;s see what happends...maybe you where right...playing Superman is a career killer.

sure hope not. Welling is awesome, and this is a pretty bad curse

#41 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Would not be surprised at all if it gets pulled. Disappointed, but not surprised.

#42 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jorgevy: Let's see what happens...
#43 Posted by Duchess (5999 posts) - - Show Bio

Sad how one unstable person can ruin something so anticipated.

#44 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

when people are saying pull, is it the whole movie or just the ads? and if they pull in the States, will it be pulled in Europe for instace?

#45 Posted by KingofMadCows (345 posts) - - Show Bio

The media's handling of the situation is so shameful. Why are they going to movie theaters to get random people's reactions on this tragedy? What possible relevance does that have to this incident? It's not like there are insane gunmen lurking behind every movie theater. All the media is doing is inciting paranoia for the sake of ratings.

#46 Posted by CrimsonCake (2683 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

@Gambit1024: If I believed in curses I'd say there was some evidence to support it but no magic involved here, just one lone psycho

I just remembered this.An extra died of a heart attack while they were filming the scene where batman fought bane.How many more lives his this movie going to take?

#47 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

Why? An unspeakable tragedy happened, yes. But, why let fear drag us into altering our behavior? If anything watching it should be celebrated just the way The Dark Knight was when Heath Ledger died. Call me selfish if you will, but pulling showings from theaters and not showing previews on TV doesn't help anything. It says, "Hey James Holmes, you win." I'm extremely disappointed in the way the media and the powers that be are handling this...

#48 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

@fables87:No way, this is America and I'm not even proud to call myself American that much anymore but this country is supposed to be about not getting pushed around. The show must go on if I may be allowed to be cliche. Not to mention it is a brilliant film that should be celebrated, albeit bitter sweet.

#49 Posted by Kunu (10 posts) - - Show Bio

I have seen the movie, and I loved it, and I'm going to see it again on Sunday. If they want to pull the movie, that's understandable, even though I don't see any logic behind the decision. The incident is obviously tragic, but I don't see what pulling the film would do. But everyone is freaked the hell out. The theater I'm going to is increasing the security for the time being.

#50 Posted by White Mage (18751 posts) - - Show Bio

How stupid.....to blame this movie......for yet ANOTHER crazy man

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.