Follow

The Dark Knight Rises

Movie » The Dark Knight Rises released on July 20, 2012.

Taking place eight years after The Dark Knight, Bruce Wayne has given up on being Batman, overwhelmed with grief for his lost love. But when a terrorist named Bane overwhelms Gotham City's Police, The Dark Knight must rise one more time to defeat this new menace.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt to Join Dark Knight Rises' Cast

• 134 results
    Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#101  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

Bane did have two or three prominent henchmen during the Knightfall arc…I would not be shocked if he was one of them. 

I'd hope for Hugo Strange (and maybe a Strange/Scarecrow team-up! Anyone know if Cillian Murphy is signed for this?) 

He COULD be one of the League of Assassins members. 

Who knows? 

JakeTrusty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By JakeTrusty

Robin!!!!
    Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#103  Edited By Decept-O

I'd imagine J Gordon-Levitt would have at least a significant role.  Perhaps not a major one but something that would be important.  Hard to speculate about this one.  Just hoping the movie will be good.
    Inculubum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#104  Edited By Inculubum

More like a Riddler to me then most of characters you have mentioned. 

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#105  Edited By Loki9876

Wich character he could play the riddler(I know nolan said he would not be in it), jean paul-valley, black mask, hugo strange (even if he doesn't look like him) and deadshot.
    Deadshot could be the legit hero in Gotham city working in the light and for the police beginning his hunt after batman, killing his victims brutal. (and having a bad plan) You could say that this different than in the comics but in deadshot's early carrier he was a hero (I read it in secret six some issue)

Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#106  Edited By Jotham

GLEE! I love him, he's a fantastic actor. I don't care what role he does, he'll be awesome.

Avatar image for mercwithamouth2385
    MercWithaMouth2385

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude.... If he's not playing the Riddler than my only hope is that he will be playing Tommy Elliot aka HUSH...... That would be an amazing story.... Hush calling the shots with Bane and Catwoman getting caught up in it all.... makes sense
    Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Bruce Vain

If he does join I can honestly say he could play Black Mask. I mean he did play Cobra Commander and actually did a great job. So I can see him playing Roman and on top of that Black Mask originally was the main baddie for Batman Begins. But was taken out cause he wasn't that well known yet at the time or wasn't that big of villian in the comics like he is now.
    elayem98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By elayem98
    @Caligula said:
    " I'm betting Hugo Strange. Maxie Zeus. Calendar Man. or Mad Hatter. "
    wow except hugo strange those r all like the joke bat villains that are terrible and stupid 

@Caligula
    said: 
    I think they should go with Zeus from the Cacophony angle with some kind of drug scheme based on Joker's gas. "
    joker gas didnt exist in TDK so with joker gone why would there be joker gas??
    KZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By KZR

Is there going to be a Robin in this one. Not saying that he is going to play Robin because no one is yet sure if he is gonna play a villain or a hero.

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

#111  Edited By SevanGrim
    @Jotham said:
    " GLEE! I love him, he's a fantastic actor. I don't care what role he does, he'll be awesome. "
    RavenT2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By RavenT2

I think Levitt is awesome in every role he plays. I mean, let's be honest, G.I. Joe kinda sucked but Levitt's performance was totally awesome! Inception was great, made even more so because of Levitt again. If he is in Dark Knight Rises, I hope he's a villain, but no matter who he is, I'm positive he'll be awesome.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By DEGRAAF

So Joseph Gordon Levitt... 

Who is he to be playing as in TDKR? I found a poll with almost 400 vote (378 to be exact at the time of this post) with 30% of people thinking he will be taking on the role of Dick Grayson. 

I dont know his exact words but, we've all heard something along the lines that Nolan refuses to put robin and/or Dick Grayson in his Bat-verse. Could he be having a change of heart? The original story of Bane consists of Bane releasing all the inmates of Arkham then when Batman has finally finished dealing with all of them Bane comes in to take on the Bat, breaking his back and putting him out of commission. Im not sure how much of that story has to do with Dick but we do know that by then dick was in his mid to late teens (im not positive but possibly in his early 20's) i cant remember if Dick was robin or Nightwing at the time of the incident (i think he was nightwing) but the more prominent character in the story is Azreal. He takes over for Bruce while he he is learning to walk again.  

They already have Selina Kyle casted so maybe they will replace Azreal with Selina as the protector of Gotham. I never really liked Azreal besides his flaming swords so if they made that change it would be fine with me but that still leaves.... 

Who is Joseph Gordon Levitt going to be playing?     
    yankeemanf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By yankeemanf

maybe deadshot or black mask

mcbig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By mcbig

As unlikely as it seems I think he would make one awesome Robin. He might be the riddler before he became the riddler though. Just a thought

Gregomasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Gregomasta

Robin?

Arkham J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#117  Edited By Arkham J

Riddler is my bet. plus i dont they have confirmed catwoman just Selina Kyle am i wrong ??

wordchallenge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#118  Edited By wordchallenge

I'm excited for JGL's inclusion in this movie. I wouldn't be at all surprised if his character is a secondary villain or side character detective/DA. I would be surprised if he turns out to be Black Mask or Hugo Strange. I just don't see it happening. Plus, he really shines when he is in a supporting role like he would be as a detective/DA on the hunt for Batman.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i wanted him to be the Joker Dang it

oh well he is awesome

(+)

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#120  Edited By Bestostero

I didn't care for him in Rise of Cobra, i didn't care for a lot of things about that movie... but I loved him in 3rd Rock From the Sun.

Ontherun1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Ontherun1994

Sure Nolan said that The Joker wouldn't be in the film, but do you really think Nolan would just spoil that casting rumor to a dumb reporter that early? I don't think so. If The Joker has been recast, it's going to be a huge surprise and we probably won't know about it until the movie gets way further in development. I'm crossing my fingers that Levitt does turn out to be The Joker but if not, I think Dick Grayson/Nightwing would be a great way to go. Or maybe even a twist on Azrael since we already have Bane confirmed.

yankeemanf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By yankeemanf
    @Ontherun1994:  im positive the joker wont bei n this movie cuz there will be al ot of haters cuz thgey loved heaths portrayal and 2. dick grayson/nightwing is my fave character in all of comix and i think makin dick go straight to nightwing will ruin the character development of a great character in dick imo
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#123  Edited By Caligula
    @elayem98 said:

" @Caligula said:

wow except hugo strange those r all like the joke bat villains that are terrible and stupid 

I'm taking it you don't read much Batman then. Because if you knew anything at all about them, writers have done a lot to make them not jokey characters anymore, and non of them have been for a long long time. Seriously read more Batman before posting non-sense. Only people who casually read Batman comics or fans of the movies see them as jokes.

@elayem98 said:

@Caligula said: 

I think they should go with Zeus from the Cacophony angle with some kind of drug scheme based on Joker's gas. "
    joker gas didnt exist in TDK so with joker gone why would there be joker gas?? "

Doesn't mean that he can't still be a drug dealer, doing the same type of thing with Venom that he was with the Joker Gas
    XFan616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#124  Edited By XFan616

Anyone else look at him from Inception and think possibly Nighwing? Just a thought. I could totally see him pulling it off.

oldgum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#125  Edited By oldgum

He can play Emplate in a Gen X movie 

X-Men: Legacy #228
    X-Men: Legacy #228
    queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#126  Edited By queenfrost_

A young, slick Hugo Strange!

ShannonRitchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By ShannonRitchie

He's totally gonna be Robin

elayem98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By elayem98
    @Caligula said:

" @elayem98 said:

" @Caligula said:

I'm taking it you don't read much Batman then. Because if you knew anything at all about them, writers have done a lot to make them not jokey characters anymore, and non of them have been for a long long time. Seriously read more Batman before posting non-sense. Only people who casually read Batman comics or fans of the movies see them as jokes.

@elayem98 said:

@Caligula said: 

joker gas didnt exist in TDK so with joker gone why would there be joker gas?? "

Doesn't mean that he can't still be a drug dealer, doing the same type of thing with Venom that he was with the Joker Gas "
    hahaha what? if i only saw the movies how wud i kno about maxie zeus calendar man or mad hatter?? and im not a casual reader at all btw

Maxie Zeus: made more serious in Cacophony..but still weird and not cool("How couldst thou allow this greek tragedy to befall the mighty zeus?!?"-Zeus from cacophony. hahahah wtf? hes still not cool even when they try to make him more so) 

Calendar Man: made more serious in The Long Halloween, but as an inmate. he was still stupid in his gimmick

Mad Hatter: i cant think of a comic where he was cool. if u can correct me because i would want to read that. 

"Doesn't mean that he can't still be a drug dealer, doing the same type of thing with Venom that he was with the Joker Gas" 
    very true im just saying joker gas wouldnt work, but venom could
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#129  Edited By Caligula
    @elayem98: alright it was unfair of me too accuse you of not reading Batman. But my first assumption is that when someone calls characters Jokey is that they haven't read much Batman. I still disagree about those characters being jokes but to each his own I guess. (I have been a Batman fan for years, and I believe they done a great job taking lesser knowns making them prominent and serious characters)

As for Mad Hatter, read Detective comics #841, Detective comics Issue #853, Secret Six: Six Degrees of Devastation, Joker's Aylum II: Madhatter
    elayem98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By elayem98
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @ComiCCloseup said:
    "
    "given his striking resemblance to his old 10 THINGS I HATE ABOUT YOU co-star. "  WTF are you talking about? What resemblance would that be? You must be blind or incredibly confused. "

No need to insult and he's right,there fan edited art of Joseph around as joker and i'm willing to bet you would'nt be able to tell the difference between him and ledger. 
    and who says he has to be a major character?he can easily be bane's sidekick bird.
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @dondasch said:
    "@TomPinchuk Can't understand why everyone keeps mentioning Catwoman.  Catwoman has NOT been confirmed as a villain in the movie, only that Serena Kyle will be in it.  My fear is that if he is cast in the movie as Black Mask then Bane will be angled to be a "flunky" of his, which would be completely wrong "

Yes catwoman has been confirmed,they did a costume test.
    CrimsonAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 70

User Lists: 10

#133  Edited By CrimsonAvenger

According to reports Joseph Gordon-Levitt will be playing Robin in The Dark Knight Rises and not a villain. The story could also be based on Knightfall so there is a possibility he will be playing Tim Drake

dewboy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 17

#134  Edited By dewboy01

GI joe movie sucks.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.