Dark Knight Rises falls on deaf ears

Posted by RavenVice01 (363 posts) - - Show Bio

Christopher Nolan is a narrow minded twit who may have made some valid points about the batman mythos but all in all he butchered it. I mean first of all: It looks like Jim Gordon is dying from cancer or something which blows it for me because Jim Gordon is crucial to the Batman lore. Bane's mask looks like a half ass version of Darth Vader and he is albino. From it sounds like: Bane is going to be a combination between Ubu and Dusan al Ghul. Nolan completely destroyed Bane's origin where he came from Santa Prisca which is the DC version of Cuba and if King Snake is even mentioned in the film, he will probably be the same british naval officer that he was in the comics except he will be stationed in India during Britain's imperialism over India. Bane's new origin according to the film will probably be King Snake ravages a young Indian woman or maybe he kidnaps Ra's al Ghul's wife and has his way with her. Ra's raises the boy but he feels disgusted by the boy's existence and treats him as a weapon rather than an adopted son kinda how Ra's views his own son Dusan. Eventually Ra's will get his revenge on King Snake with Bane's help like he mentioned in Batman Begins.  

As for Catwoman, I rolled my eyes when I heard Anne Hathaway was playing Catwoman, its like hearing Amy Adams (the chick from Enchanted) playing Lois Lane or Topher Grace playing Venom (bad casting). Couldn't Nolan get Kate Beckinsale to play Selina but anyway I can see where this Catwoman is going. Selina will play Catwoman for Bruce Wayne and Batman but she will actually be Talia al Ghul in disguise. Nolan is trying to connect the whole "cat thing" being sacred in the middle east like Egypt and of course, Ra's al Ghul's name is arabic. I don't know. I mean when I heard Batman Begins put a pending Batman Beyond film on hold, I will admit I was pissed off but I gave Batman Begins a thumbs up because at first I liked the direction that this film was going but now I am glad that this will be Nolan's last take on Batman. If any of my theories about this film have grabbed you, I would be more than happy to elaborate. The one big problem I see about this film is the fans will be wanting more but they won't get it. I remember the fans who left Dark Knight and demanded to see Harley Quinn and Joker in this third film but they won't get it. By the way check out youtube for a music video with Heath Ledger as the Joker and Brittany Murphy as Harley Quinn. It will blow you away as the best casting that could have been. As for the batman films, someone else needs to step up to "bat" and make a saga of Batman that no one can match. And yes that pun was intended.
#1 Posted by desperado_ (314 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you kidding me?  I do think Nolan is a little overrated when it comes to his Batman movies, but the guy deserves it. He actually made descent Batman movies that I thought would be impossible. He got people interested in Batman again, and that has to say something about him and his work. This is Nolan's vision. Not yours.You may not like they way hes doing things, but at least hes doing them. I don't see you making a billion dollar trilogy anytime soon.  

Haters gunna hate. Potaters gunna potate.

#2 Posted by Sky_Jokiel (304 posts) - - Show Bio
 @desperado_ said:
Are you kidding me?  I do think Nolan is a little overrated when it comes to his Batman movies, but the guy deserves it. He actually made descent Batman movies that I thought would be impossible. He got people interested in Batman again, and that has to say something about him and his work. This is Nolan's vision. Not yours.You may not like they way hes doing things, but at least hes doing them. I don't see you making a billion dollar trilogy anytime soon.   Haters gunna hate. Potaters gunna potate.
#3 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I really hated the four second glimpse we got of Bane, too. Let's start a riot.

#4 Posted by The Lobster (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman was a joke before Nolan came along. 

After Joel Schumacher ruined Batman with Batman Forever and Batman and Robin, nobody thought there could be a good Batman movie. Then along came Nolan who pretty much saved the franchise. Wither you like his movies or not, you can't call him a "narrow minded twit", his movies have made more money in just a few weeks than you'll ever make in an entire lifetime so he's obviously doing something right.

#5 Posted by Pacperson (307 posts) - - Show Bio

Way to whine and complain over things you don't know about :)

#6 Posted by Sydpart2 (1092 posts) - - Show Bio

Waiting for topic creator to rant about how great and accurate Burton's movies were...

#7 Posted by shawn87 (2095 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by KenTheProfile (412 posts) - - Show Bio
@RavenVice01

I hope your writing this as a parody of fan that bitch and moan. if not just say you are. 

anyway everyone is going to have to accept the fact that no matter what this film will not be The Dark Knight, and hell proabably will not even be at Batman begins level also. 

Gordon is not dying of cancer or dying at all he his most likely recovering from an attack during the riots. 

this reminds me of the troble over the Joker(yes i was worried about the casting and changes made to Joker and now love them) and everyone was wrong then and most likely is now too.
#9 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

My IQ dropped when I read this. 

#10 Posted by The Lobster (1528 posts) - - Show Bio
@KenTheProfile said:
@RavenVice01:  I hope your writing this as a parody of fan that bitch and moan. if not just say you are.  anyway everyone is going to have to accept the fact that no matter what this film will not be The Dark Knight, and hell proabably will not even be at Batman begins level also.  Gordon is not dying of cancer or dying at all he his most likely recovering from an attack during the riots.  this reminds me of the troble over the Joker(yes i was worried about the casting and changes made to Joker and now love them) and everyone was wrong then and most likely is now too.
Agreed 100%.

I'm not going into this movie expecting The Dark Knight quality, if this is as good as Batman Begins, then I'll be happy.

It is really shocking how many fans still don't trust Nolan. After he has proved he is an amazing film maker, not once, not twice, but 5 times. 5 out of his 7 movies have been awesome. Even the other two while not as good as the other 5 are still somewhat entertaining movies. Insomnia (his weakest movie) is still a good film, the only bad thing is that it gets a little boring after awhile. The Following is a decent film, for a student film its great, but as a actual film it's only decent. I trust Nolan's judgement, cause he certainly earned it with The Dark Knight. 

It's like they say, haters gonna hate.
#11 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
I can't wait to read your next blog; "Why Stephanie Meyer is better than James Joyce"
#12 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

After watching The Dark Knight and Inception back to back, Chris Nolan can literally put his name on anything and I will watch it.  

If he follows the source material or not, he knows how to make a good movie. You think you can make a better Batman trilogy? Go right ahead. 

#13 Edited by _Zombie_ (10462 posts) - - Show Bio

This could possibly be the most idiotic thing I've ever read.  Nolan is amazing, and I enjoyed both of his Batman movies.

#14 Posted by entropy_aegis (15472 posts) - - Show Bio
@RavenVice01 said:
Christopher Nolan is a narrow minded twit who may have made some valid points about the batman mythos but all in all he butchered it. I mean first of all: It looks like Jim Gordon is dying from cancer or something which blows it for me because Jim Gordon is crucial to the Batman lore. Bane's mask looks like a half ass version of Darth Vader and he is albino. From it sounds like: Bane is going to be a combination between Ubu and Dusan al Ghul. Nolan completely destroyed Bane's origin where he came from Santa Prisca which is the DC version of Cuba and if King Snake is even mentioned in the film, he will probably be the same british naval officer that he was in the comics except he will be stationed in India during Britain's imperialism over India. Bane's new origin according to the film will probably be King Snake ravages a young Indian woman or maybe he kidnaps Ra's al Ghul's wife and has his way with her. Ra's raises the boy but he feels disgusted by the boy's existence and treats him as a weapon rather than an adopted son kinda how Ra's views his own son Dusan. Eventually Ra's will get his revenge on King Snake with Bane's help like he mentioned in Batman Begins.   As for Catwoman, I rolled my eyes when I heard Anne Hathaway was playing Catwoman, its like hearing Amy Adams (the chick from Enchanted) playing Lois Lane or Topher Grace playing Venom (bad casting). Couldn't Nolan get Kate Beckinsale to play Selina but anyway I can see where this Catwoman is going. Selina will play Catwoman for Bruce Wayne and Batman but she will actually be Talia al Ghul in disguise. Nolan is trying to connect the whole "cat thing" being sacred in the middle east like Egypt and of course, Ra's al Ghul's name is arabic. I don't know. I mean when I heard Batman Begins put a pending Batman Beyond film on hold, I will admit I was pissed off but I gave Batman Begins a thumbs up because at first I liked the direction that this film was going but now I am glad that this will be Nolan's last take on Batman. If any of my theories about this film have grabbed you, I would be more than happy to elaborate. The one big problem I see about this film is the fans will be wanting more but they won't get it. I remember the fans who left Dark Knight and demanded to see Harley Quinn and Joker in this third film but they won't get it. By the way check out youtube for a music video with Heath Ledger as the Joker and Brittany Murphy as Harley Quinn. It will blow you away as the best casting that could have been. As for the batman films, someone else needs to step up to "bat" and make a saga of Batman that no one can match. And yes that pun was intended.
AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGH.
#15 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@ZombieBigfoot said:
    This could possibly be the most idiotic thing I've ever read.  Nolan is amazing, and I enjoyed both of his Batman movies.
That is possibly my favourite image ever. Kudos.
#16 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by TheSheepHerder (11961 posts) - - Show Bio

"As for the batman films, someone else needs to step up to and make a saga of Batman that no one can match."

Seriously? xD 
#18 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4786 posts) - - Show Bio

@RavenVice01: I think what the Nolan trilogy lacked was Superman, which is what made them terrible. And Bat-Nipples.

#19 Posted by The Stegman (25525 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (12063 posts) - - Show Bio
Slade thinks you are a dumbass 
That Marvel fanboys belive you will never notice they fear that Nolan TDKR will rape Avengers, Fvkc this FANBOYNESS!!!!
 Even this is better that Thor and the suit also
 Well the new nigthmare from Vegeta is that people writte this things.
#21 Posted by cattlebattle (13188 posts) - - Show Bio

I for one agree with the OP, to an extent, I think Nolans Bat-Franchise is over rated as all hell, but you can't make rush judgements of like 5 seconds of footage LOL.

In 10 years some one will have made another Batman film, and people will probably be saying "remember the Batman films that Nolan made?" ......"oh yeah they were kind of boring"

#22 Posted by FortressoftheMoon (678 posts) - - Show Bio

Yo Dawg, we put some more epic in this epic film so you can epic watch this epic film with more epic from epic Nolan.
#23 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

That's so cute, he sent me a PM rather than just replying on the blog. 

With stuff this clever he should have just posted on the blog! 
#24 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (12063 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:

Nolan will get him!!!!
#25 Posted by Stuka69 (117 posts) - - Show Bio
@RavenVice01:  
#26 Edited by BiteMe-Fanboy (8048 posts) - - Show Bio
Okay people. Stop trolling. The dude is just stating his opinion on Nolans Batman movies.
No need to go across the internet and search for your little pictures to use to insult the guy.
Pretty pathetic, IMO. Discuss the guys opinions instead of automactically trolling on the poor guy. Lord.

But in response to the OP, i agree in certain areas. I don't really like the way they did Bane and made him look. And my expectations for this film aren't to high, but I have to wait and watch it before I completely slam it.

@Nolan Fanboys: Burton is better. =3
#27 Posted by cattlebattle (13188 posts) - - Show Bio
@BiteMe-Fanboy said:
Okay people. Stop trolling. The dude is just stating his opinion on Nolans Batman movies.
No need to go across the internet and search for your little pictures to use to insult the guy.
Pretty pathetic, IMO. Discuss the guys opinions instead of automactically trolling on the poor guy. Lord.

But in response to the OP, i agree in certain areas. I don't really like the way they did Bane and made him look. And my expectations for this film aren't to high, but I have to wait and watch it before I completely slam it.

Agreed, The Nolan movies are great and all, but they seriously have people brainwashed. It's when people say stuff like "Nolan is gonna show everyone how a comic movie is done" is when I get annoyed
#28 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4786 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: Especially considering that Batman's armor is too noticeable. Burton's armor at least looked like vampire bat love muscles. I could have been man-handled or saved, either way.

#29 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

Lmao. What a Douchebag. 

As for this thread: 
#30 Posted by The_Dada_Dozen (21 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm looking forward to this movie…I'm really psyched about it.

#31 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know what's worse the hate for this thread or the creepy Nolan love that this thread is populated by.

#32 Posted by entropy_aegis (15472 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:

He did this to me a few months back and even reported me for being a racist and only cause i told him Batman Beyond was'nt canon.I also notice he himself mentioned being pissed over the lack of Batman Beyond movies(as if they would ever be made).
#33 Posted by Stuka69 (117 posts) - - Show Bio
@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Uh, OK. First of all, the OP is just saying that he thinks that Nolan is a " narrow minded twit", a opinion that he is of course entiteld, but then follows icoherent bitching based on his own speculation regarding the movie. When in fact we dont know jack shit about it (and I really dont think that OP is in Nolan´s inner circle), all we have seen is the teaser trailer! We dont know why Gordon is in hospital bed! We dont know what will be the final Bane outfit in the movie! That remains to be seen, bit early to start to piss and moan, unless OP is some kind of a movie clairvoyant! 

And then there is this bit: 
" Selina will play Catwoman for Bruce Wayne and Batman but she will actually be Talia al Ghul in disguise. Nolan is trying to connect the whole "cat thing" being sacred in the middle east like Egypt and of course, Ra's al Ghul's name is arabic. I don't know. I mean when I heard Batman Begins put a pending Batman Beyond film on hold , I will admit I was pissed of..." 

And for that: 

#34 Edited by BiteMe-Fanboy (8048 posts) - - Show Bio
@Stuka69:
Even if the guys argument might make no sense to you or anybody else there is still no need to go on a trolling spree. He was making some points he thought was important and just because you may think its retarded doesn't mean you can go and troll all over the place with your pics you probably wasted 20 minutes on trying find. He was basically discussing his opinions on what he saw in the teaser and what he may think will happen. There is nothing wrong with discussing what you may think is happening in a teaser. That just shows you are a fellow comic book nerd.
If you don't agree with the guy's argument discuss it with him, don't hate on the poor guy.
I could understand if the guy was just going nuts saying things that made no sense in a trolling fashion. But he didn't. So I think all the trolls should just f*ck off if they are not mature enough to carry on a debate with a fellow Viner.
Now I'm not about to sit here and go off-topic by argueing with you or anybody else, so good day sir.
#35 Posted by Vortex13 (12265 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think he has cancer, I'm thinking it's more likely that rather then batman having his back broken it is Gordon instead.

#36 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13628 posts) - - Show Bio
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

because everyone else did it and i want to fit in
#37 Posted by Stuka69 (117 posts) - - Show Bio
@BiteMe-Fanboy: To a point I agree with you, and I absolutely salute your opinion on trolling. You, sir, are a gentleman (well, maybe not the  f*ck off part, but still). I´ll just point out, that if you post crazy crap based just on your own speculation about things you can not know much, if anything, you gotta be able to take few facepalms. Also posted pictures as comments are not allways trolling, like posting mentioned crazy crap and then crying all kinds of wolwes when people react to it is...also taken in consideration this OP´s charming habit of sending insultting PM´s instead of answering in started thread...you dont happen to be him, by the way?
#38 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

the reason Nolan's Batman films work, is because unlike other people making comic book films, He doesn't let fans or editors change his vision. When too many people get to put their ideas into a film, it becomes a clusterf*** like Spider-Man 3 or Green Lantern.

I personally have faith, He hasn't let me down yet. So I think he knows what he is doing.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.