Behold The First Official Dark Knight Rises Poster!

• 89 results
Posted by No_name_here (1223 posts) - - Show Bio
I wonder what movie this poster's for. It doesn't have any title on it.

Call me crazy - - a certifiable loon, even - - but I have a strong suspicion that THE DARK KNIGHT RISES might be taking some story cues from NO MAN’S LAND. Look at the poster to your right. It’s the first official promo image for the flick and, in addition to following the movies' compositional theme of forming the bat symbol in some frenzied scenery, it’s got a whole mess of buildings crumbling apart in a way that usually only happens during an earthquake. Oh, and there are no doubts that this is the genuine article this time. It’s coming straight from the movie’s official site.

You know, I figured that riffing on that epic crossover would be in the best interest of a proper cap for this trilogy. As much as the appearance of multiple super-villains would escalate drama, a natural disaster striking at the same time would just kick Gotham’s fragile balance into the very pit of chaos, wouldn’t it?

Indulging in some more conjecture, I figure DARK KNIGHT RISES will draw from NO MAN’S LAND and KNIGHTFALL in much the same fashion that THE DARK KNIGHT drew from THE KILLING JOKE and LONG HALLOWEEN. That’s just my thought, anyway. Even if this teaser’s minimalistic in its imagery, it’s still providing all you manics plenty of gristle to chew on before we eventually see a trailer.

Tom Pinchuk’s the writer of HYBRID BASTARDS! & UNIMAGINABLE. Order them on Amazon here & here. Follow him on Twitter: @tompinchuk

#1 Posted by msavo (66 posts) - - Show Bio

For all the people saying Thor and X-Men were good I can't wait until this comes out so they can be reminded that Nolan's Batman series is how you should approach comic book adaptations.

#2 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9004 posts) - - Show Bio

YAY I am glad that we got to see a teaser poster. 

#3 Posted by Mercy_ (92685 posts) - - Show Bio

HOLY

#4 Posted by J1ml33 (529 posts) - - Show Bio

Nolan does it again :D this man is a genius (I hope Ellen page is in the film too ) as maybe huntress ^_^

#5 Posted by webling (143 posts) - - Show Bio

1 year to go...2012 is gonna be awesome. Dark Knight Rises, Amazing Spider-Man, Avengers, maybe Man of Steel not entirely sure on that one.

#6 Posted by johnny_spam (2035 posts) - - Show Bio

And so the end begins.

The Dark Knight Rises-2012

#7 Posted by cattlebattle (12700 posts) - - Show Bio
@RE_Player said:

For all the people saying Thor and X-Men were good I can't wait until this comes out so they can be reminded that Nolan's Batman series is how you should approach comic book adaptations.

Wrong 

@webling said:
1 year to go...2012 is gonna be awesome. Dark Knight Rises, Amazing Spider-Man, Avengers, maybe Man of Steel not entirely sure on that one.
It's all the top names, Awesome in an understatement, and the only reason I also have my doubts about Supermans film is Zack Snyder,.....slow motion and rock music playing over every scene.....fail
#8 Edited by shackle (215 posts) - - Show Bio

Know how to tell when you're a fanboy?  When the POSTER for a movie causes you to lose your sh!t. 

(Not a compliment, folks, but carry on with your wanking.)

#9 Posted by NightFang (9985 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by Duo_forbidden (1161 posts) - - Show Bio

Huh. I never thought about adding No Man's Land with the mix. That could work somehow.

#11 Posted by Mr. Dead Pool (2625 posts) - - Show Bio
@shackle: That's how I felt about the first X-Men movie poster. I had a major nerdgasm
#12 Posted by sora_thekey (8161 posts) - - Show Bio

Screams Epic!

#13 Posted by Danial79 (2347 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome poster!

#14 Posted by Luzhell (31 posts) - - Show Bio

OH MY GOOOOODDDD!!!!!

Geekgasm!!!!!!

I LOVE YOU NOLAN!!!!!

#15 Posted by ImperiousRix (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not the HUGEST fan of Nolan's Batman series (at least not of them being the be all end all for comic book adaptations), but this is getting me excited.  Can't wait to see how this one turns out!

#16 Posted by Aiden Cross (15562 posts) - - Show Bio

That... looks.... EPIC! xD

#17 Posted by msavo (66 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: Nah I think I'm right :)

#18 Posted by Edamame (28084 posts) - - Show Bio

Everything will crumble.

#19 Posted by cosmo111687 (1489 posts) - - Show Bio

I like this.

#20 Posted by Icon (2056 posts) - - Show Bio

@RE_Player said:

One size does not fit all.

#21 Posted by Jacory44Williams (89 posts) - - Show Bio

all hail Nolan
#22 Posted by maxicere (936 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice poster!

#23 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

This one looks like one of the previous ones, I'm not impressed by the poster, but I'm sure the movie will be good.

#24 Posted by darkcloakx (788 posts) - - Show Bio

poster looks cool !  

#25 Posted by Osiris1428 (1349 posts) - - Show Bio
@RE_Player said:

I think it would be better served if you reminded the makers Green Lantern. IMHO
#26 Posted by Fantasgasmic (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

I figure  DARK KNIGHT RISES  will draw from  NO MAN’S LAND  and  KNIGHTFALL  in much the same fashion that  THE DARK KNIGHT  drew from THE KILLING JOKE  and  LONG HALLOWEEN. 

I take it that means it will draw on No Man's Land and Knightfall very superficially, bordering at not at all with one iconic scene or line. I assume in this movie it will be Bane blowing up the police station and irradiating all the criminal's records thus undoing all the good Batman has done.
#27 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt that it's no mans land.  maybe something more like bomb.
#28 Posted by blur1528 (1055 posts) - - Show Bio

CATACLYSM!

#29 Posted by Sobe Cin (599 posts) - - Show Bio

I like that poster a lot. 

And I liked X-Men: First Class a lot too. Much better then Thor and Green Lantern. 

But I am sick of comic book movies- I want a new trend. Oh something with, oh I don't know- original stories.
#30 Posted by Burnstar1230 (209 posts) - - Show Bio

DAYLIGHT and Batman? Just when you thought the two don't mix...

#31 Posted by The Hobgoblin (414 posts) - - Show Bio

That's one cool poster and one sure fire way to grab people's attention. Can't wait for the trailer this week!
#32 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio
@Icon

Batman is gritty.  That's why it works as the movie that it does.  It's more of a crime film then a superhero film to me.  Imagine if it was just a ninja and not Batman.  I don't think the comment is fair, because I think a lot of us thought Thor was gonna fail epic style.  I did.  I hate Thor comics.  Can't stand them.  The movie was entertaing as hell.  It was what it should have been with a few draw backs.  The fighting could have been done a little better.  Loki could have been a little more impressive, but it was good none the less.  As for X-Men first class, the movie was the best of the X-Men movies.  Sure there were changes made to it that had fanboys crying once again, but there wasn't any more changes in First Class then were in just about every other comic book movie, and sure as hell not any of the other X-men movies.  Forget X3, I won't even mention that movie because so many people just hated it, but look at X1 and X2.  All the praise it got, and all the damn changes in those movies.  First Class was the most adult of the franchise yet.  I loved it.  I thought it wasn't long enough and it was long.  It showed the training, it made them actual kids.  It got Magneto pretty damn good and I can't wait for a sequel.  Also, I think once the movie hits DVD's and cable and more and more people see it, it's gonna have a little bit of the Dark Knight rub off.  No way will it hit those numbers, but look at how many people saw Dark Knight.  The Joker was part of it, but mostly it was because all the people that saw Batman Begin after it was done at the theaters thought it was so good, they had to see the second one.  I know about 5 other people only that saw Begins at the theater, and I myself had to go alone because no one would go with me.  When the second one was coming out I got about 20 calls from people to go see it with them.  In fact, I went with a party of about 12 to see it the night it came out, and another 6 people the next week.  Only one of them saw begins at the theater.  First class is good enough to have a similar effect.  Epsecially for those that don't read the comics and don't know who the original first class was.  It makes no differance to them, but the movie is great, and the ten people I know that did see, all say it's not as good as Dark Knight or Begins, but it hang with Iron Man.  That is saying alot.
#33 Posted by ARMIV (4140 posts) - - Show Bio

I gotta say, that poster looks nice! 
But I've got to be honest here, and I don't want to start anything by saying this, but I really didn't think the last one was that great, so I'm not going to be giving this one that much hype.

#34 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2241 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm, so Bane causes the near destruction of Gotham.  Is possibly connected to Ras al Ghul's group.  Ras' group wanted the total destruction of Gotham in Begins, comparing it to the fall of Rome.  From the looks of those viral videos all the criminals get free and Gotham becomes like a Police state.  And this is the last Batman movie for Bale and Nolan.
Hmmm.

#35 Posted by leokearon (1790 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it Summer 2012 yet?
#36 Posted by welshguy (197 posts) - - Show Bio
@ARMIV said:

I gotta say, that poster looks nice! But I've got to be honest here, and I don't want to start anything by saying this, but I really didn't think the last one was that great, so I'm not going to be giving this one that much hype.

Not alone there mate. I enjoyed watching the dark knight in the cinema but as time went on all i could think about where the things i didn't like about it. I haven't watched since even though I had the DVD. 
But despite this a No-Man's Land plotline would be a good way to finish this trilogy.
#37 Posted by TDK_1997 (14704 posts) - - Show Bio

Really nice and when that gets out in cinemas all will know that the best superhero movies are done by Nolan

#38 Posted by J1ml33 (529 posts) - - Show Bio

and you know one thing the Nolan batman movies are missing ..

good ol  Bruno Ugly Mannheim ( just saying ) ..
#39 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sobe Cin said:
I like that poster a lot.  And I liked X-Men: First Class a lot too. Much better then Thor and Green Lantern.  But I am sick of comic book movies- I want a new trend. Oh something with, oh I don't know- original stories.
That's dangerous thinking, there. Especially if your thinking about having Hollywood's writers attempt to make an original story.  

Be thankful that they're too busy making some decent comic book based films rather than another one of these;

#40 Posted by TheMadMonkey (148 posts) - - Show Bio

Just throwing this out there... 
The theory of Cataclysm being part of the story does make sense when you look at the poster and the title of the movie together. 
Gotham City falls...The Dark Knight rises.

#41 Posted by mbembet (219 posts) - - Show Bio

Christopher Nolan is a GREAT director and his Batman movies made other comicbook movies like a STUPID JOKE!

#42 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
Looks awesome.
#43 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally!
And some Knightfall/No Man's Land in the movie would be neat!

I already wished the new videogame could leave this silly Arkham-business (Arkham City?? really??) to be a straight adaptation of NML... We had more straight adaptations in the 90s.. *remembers the great Death & Return of Superman Megadrive game*

#44 Posted by azza04 (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

Excitement factor 10

#45 Posted by cattlebattle (12700 posts) - - Show Bio
@RE_Player: nope
#46 Posted by Aiden Cross (15562 posts) - - Show Bio
@Eyz: I was thinking the same thing! Could be an epic free roam game.
#47 Posted by Tally_Pants (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome Poster! I honestly can't wait for this movie, the Batman trilogy, so far, has been the greatest comic book/superhero movies I've ever seen.

#48 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

NML + KNIGHTFALL would be epic, but man it's just not going to be as good without the supporting cast of sidekicks that made those stories interesting and great.

#49 Posted by The Poet (8335 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm...

#50 Edited by hitechlolife (194 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet. That looks amazing. Nolan loves his skyscrapers.

I wonder how many people's desktops just lit up with the rubble bat signal?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.