Bane Breaks Batman In This New Dark Knight Rises Poster

• 80 results
Posted by No_name_here (1226 posts) - - Show Bio
Bane's back!

It truly is the season of moody, nighttime superhero movie poster. Not a day after the Amazing Spider-Man’s latest shadowy one-sheet hit, we now have a new, Bane-centric poster for the Dark Knight Rises. I think we’ve gotten wise enough to not take too much for granted based on a tagline, but “THE LEGEND ENDS” certainly suggests a greater sense of finality than your regular maybe/maybe-not trilogy completer, doesn't it?

== TEASER ==
Seriously... Bane's back!

Still, we’ve got some reading in to do…

The first poster for this flick, with its crumbling buildings, dropped a rather strong hint that some parts of NO MAN’S LAND might factor into the plot. Nothing says escalation like a citywide Earthquake, no? This image, though, drops another hint that goes along with what everybody’s suspected since Bane was confirmed as the main villain - - some of the story will be taken from KNIGHTFALL. Whether or not Batman’ spine will be fractured with a big and nasty backbreaker, there’s likely going to be some of “breaking of the Bat” going on in this joint.

The tagline, along with some of the recent quotes taken from the EMPIRE feature on this flick, also suggest that it might be grabbing some pages from DARK KNIGHT RETURNS as well. Batman coming out of retirement to battle a new, more vicious evil sounds awfully familiar...

Swap Bane for the Mutant Leader and Catwoman for Carrie Kelly, and there might be something more to it...

#1 Posted by The Stegman (25544 posts) - - Show Bio

sh*t just got real

#2 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (8048 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane looks alot bigger than he does in those leaked pictures we've been seeing.

Thats good.

#3 Posted by Mr. Dead Pool (2625 posts) - - Show Bio

SO EXCITED!!!!!!

#4 Posted by DarkShadows (742 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn.

Things are getting heated!

#5 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Truly amazing! Really does have a Knightfall feel to it now.

#6 Posted by feargalr (1170 posts) - - Show Bio

No Mans Land, meets Knightfall with a bit of Dark Knight Returns sounds like it could be really good... but it'll need to be like 8 hours long...

#7 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

sh*t just got real

DAAAAAMN reminds me of a comic book cover. this is SIICK! :D

#8 Posted by kennybaese (1151 posts) - - Show Bio

I continue to be incredibly excited for this movie.

#9 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Great Poster!

#10 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9251 posts) - - Show Bio

There are some great movie posters coming out this week

#11 Posted by Azrael66 (277 posts) - - Show Bio

Knightfall is the greatest.

#12 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

BREAK THE BAT.

#13 Posted by shawn87 (2095 posts) - - Show Bio

THAT IS AWESOME!!! 

#14 Posted by davidgrantlloyd (364 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait!

#15 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

YES

#16 Posted by UpUpAndAway (192 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy S***! Guess who's back on board with this movie!

#17 Posted by jazzblade (60 posts) - - Show Bio

the legend ends...the dark knight rises...the me being confused...but excited anyway!

#18 Posted by Jake Fury (19188 posts) - - Show Bio

Niiiiiiiice.

#19 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

@feargalr said:

No Mans Land, meets Knightfall with a bit of Dark Knight Returns sounds like it could be really good... but it'll need to be like 8 hours long...

It totally is! If it is No Man's Land inspired, then Marion Cotillard/Miranda Tate *cough* Talia al Ghul *cough* will definitely be the one to 'inspire' Bruce to save his city.

#20 Posted by feargalr (1170 posts) - - Show Bio

I totally think Nolan should do a version of Robin... cos all the Robins in the books are like so awesome.. but the general public seems to think he's [insert generic insult] and Nolan could probably do the character justice...

#21 Posted by mbembet (219 posts) - - Show Bio

In Nolan We Trust

#22 Posted by Larkin1388 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome.

#23 Posted by Edamame (28395 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome.

#24 Posted by Sky_Jokiel (304 posts) - - Show Bio

:O !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So excited!!!

#25 Posted by TheBane2890 (1958 posts) - - Show Bio

With Knightfall Part 1 being the best thing that's ever happened in Comics, seeing this and the tag line "The Legend Ends" does that mean instead of Bane breaking Bruce Wayne, Bane kills him instead? Cause that would be Epic and Amazing!

#26 Posted by Pokeysteve (8558 posts) - - Show Bio

The Knightfall saga was a great read. If they work in parts of No Man's Land it'd be great to see Dick, Tim, or especially Huntress. It's too bad they never worked in Leslie Thompkins. Still not really excited about this movie. Not a Nolan fan and don't care for what he did with the Batman universe.

#27 Posted by sladewilson30 (219 posts) - - Show Bio

that would be awesome, seeing as how a main super hero in a film has never been killed

#28 Posted by sentryman555 (805 posts) - - Show Bio

@feargalr said:

I totally think Nolan should do a version of Robin... cos all the Robins in the books are like so awesome.. but the general public seems to think he's [insert generic insult] and Nolan could probably do the character justice...

I completely agree! If anyone could pull off making Robin as awesome as he is in the comics its Nolan.

#29 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

T'will be interesting indeed...

#30 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8160 posts) - - Show Bio

omg CANT WAIT

#31 Posted by sora_thekey (8184 posts) - - Show Bio

The trilogy ends with Batman getting his back broken! End of story

#32 Posted by The Lobster (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

DAAAAAANNNG

I bet my friend $10 bucks that Batman won't die at the end of this movie....This has me worried.

#33 Posted by feargalr (1170 posts) - - Show Bio

@sentryman555: Problem is.. Nolan said before he'd never do anything with Robin.. which I don't really understand.. like I just think he's going with the publics consensus of the character and not based on the actual stories there.. but I dunno..

@sora_thekey: That would be very Nolan.... twist at the end..Bane wins..

#34 Posted by MetropolisKid41 (515 posts) - - Show Bio

Still wish Bane had an appropriate mask!!!

#35 Posted by pspin (894 posts) - - Show Bio

FINISH HIM!!!

#36 Posted by VanTesla (518 posts) - - Show Bio

This is making me wish it would be a two part movie series... If Ledger did not die, they where thinking of doing that with the Dark Knight originally...

#37 Posted by Namor1987 (1890 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol Bruce is going to hit with the backbreaker

#38 Posted by RedHush1 (99 posts) - - Show Bio

I swear they need to have Azrael in thise movie if they wanted to break the bat XD

#39 Posted by ulrich200 (95 posts) - - Show Bio

THIS IS GONNA BE AMAZING!!!

#40 Posted by entropy_aegis (15472 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome.

#41 Posted by BATPANEXE (51 posts) - - Show Bio

Who doesn't want to be broken by Tom Hardy? Grrrrow!!!!

#42 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
@BATPANEXE said:

Who doesn't want to be broken by Tom Hardy? Grrrrow!!!!

LOL. 

"Your condecension Arthur is, as always, much appreciated; thank you."
#43 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not into the serious Batman movies, but even I knew we were overdue for Bane to show up.

#44 Posted by spideriron1 (23 posts) - - Show Bio

This is going to be Fucking awesome i hope knightfall doesnt happen all over again

#45 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly can´t think how they could have made that poster more epic. Bravo Nolan

#46 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

@sentryman555 said:

@feargalr said:

I completely agree! If anyone could pull off making Robin as awesome as he is in the comics its Nolan.

Nolan won't do it. And Bale said he'd rather quit than have Robin in the movie.

#47 Posted by sentryman555 (805 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@sentryman555 said:

@feargalr said:

Nolan won't do it. And Bale said he'd rather quit than have Robin in the movie.

Well a man can dream. =(

#48 Posted by AwesomeAquaman (153 posts) - - Show Bio

The only picture I like of this version of Bane is of one of his backside.

#49 Posted by LordRequiem (1323 posts) - - Show Bio

I sure hope it's not knightfall, not because of the story but simply because I want Batman to win, not Bane. That wouldn't be a great ending.

#50 Posted by Croi (173 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't believe it's set 8 years after TDK.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.