thecannon's The Dark Knight Returns: Part One review

Pretty Good

Now, before I start, I just want to say that this is the first review I've written. So, I'm sorry if it sucks.

I just got done watching this. It was very good. I am just going to cover the good and the bad in it. As from this moment on, there will be spoilers. You have been warned.

The Good

The plot was very good in the movie. I have not read the comic it is based on, so I cannot say if it was accurate or not. Set several years in the future, Bruce Wayne has retired as Batman. However, a gang called the Mutants are terrorizing (I guess you could say) Gotham. Bruce takes up the mantle of Batman again to stop them. I know that it's only a basic plot, but it's still a great plot.

I was surprised by how much I liked Carrie Kelly in the movie. I expected going into this hating her, but I really liked her in it. I don't know how to explain it, but I though she was great in it.

The two battles between Batman and the mutant leader were great. The first one was good for a first battle, even though it was obvious that Batman would loose. The final battle was awesome. The Mutant leader did look kind of weak in it, but it was still awesome.

Also (this is of little importance, but still), there is a scene where Commissioner Gordan goes into a Convince Store. There is a little shelf with some comics there. The comics include Crisis on Infinite Earths,Swamp-Thing, V for Vendetta, and some other DC Comics. Not major, but still something I liked.

The Bad

I didn't care for the voice actor for Batman in the movie. I just didn't think it sounded like what Batman should sound like. I don't see what the problem with getting Kevin Conroy to voice him was.

Alfred just seemed to have a problem with everything. I found him very annoying in it. Not a big deal, but still.

The Two-face lot seemed pointless to me. I like Two-face and was glad to see him, but it would of been easy not to include him in the movie.

There's a scene in the movie where Batman shoots one of the mutant's hands causing them to drop a gun. I understand that Batman was trying to save a kid's life, but doesn't he have a strict no guns policy?

The ending where certain people form the gang "The Sons of Batman" was stupid.

So, nothing major here, just little things I thought could of been improved.

Part 2

I'm happy for the sequel, but I really don't think it has to be called Parts 1 and 2. They did leave a giant gap open for a sequel at the end with The Joker watching a news report about Batman, but it's not really a cliffhanger.

Overall

There were some great things about it. Some stuff I didn't like, but really didn't take away from the quality of the movie itself. Overall, I give it a 3.5 out of 5.

Posted by Player1Affinity

keep up the good work

Posted by TheCannon

@Player1Affinity said:

keep up the good work

Thanks

Online
Edited by Cyclops4President

I loved this film very much.