Time For A New Crow Movie?

Posted by G-Man (18877 posts) - - Show Bio
The Crow
Stephen Norrington
This is a tough one.  I loved James O'Barr's Crow.  The tragedy that occurred during the making of the first movie always made it hard for me to go back to the series.  Brandon Lee was a great guy.  I tried watching the "Stairway To Heaven" series but just wasn't impressed by the production.  I never bothered watching the sequels because they just didn't feel right.

Director Stephen Norrington feels it is time to bring back the Crow.  He will be writing and directing.  Norrington directed Blade in 1998 and "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen."

Norrington told Variety:
“Whereas [Director Alex] Proyas’ original was gloriously gothic and stylized, the new movie will be realistic, hard-edged and mysterious, almost documentary-style.”
Maybe it is time.  As Brandon Lee's Crow said in the first movie, "It can't rain all the time."  I'll be keeping an eye on this.
#1 Posted by King Saturn (225088 posts) - - Show Bio
Uh... I dont know. The first Crow film was awesome... but that one with Edward Furlong in it... was uh... sort of .. not that good
#2 Posted by G-Man (18877 posts) - - Show Bio

Brandon Lee was just perfect.  It was sad that he was so excited about doing the role.

#3 Posted by King Saturn (225088 posts) - - Show Bio
G-Man said:
"Brandon Lee was just perfect.  It was sad that he was so excited about doing the role."
Truth Indeed... he was Brandon was the best for the Role... everyone else that came after him Pale in Comparison...
#4 Posted by G-Man (18877 posts) - - Show Bio

What was horrible was when he was accidentally shot on the set, the crew thought he was acting.

#5 Posted by Vance Astro (91403 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the first one and City of Angels..I even read the City of Angels comics.Everything else associated with the Crow is garbage.

#6 Posted by King Saturn (225088 posts) - - Show Bio
G-Man said:
"What was horrible was when he was accidentally shot on the set, the crew thought he was acting."
Yeah that was a Crazy Incident...
#7 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

No thanks too crow movies

#8 Posted by King Saturn (225088 posts) - - Show Bio
geraldthesloth said:
"No thanks too crow movies"
LOL

Yeah there are quite a few of them now...
#9 Posted by NightFang (10255 posts) - - Show Bio

The Crow is back!

#10 Posted by Unbelonger (2770 posts) - - Show Bio

No more Crow. Ever since crow 2, it all became disgusting.

zzzzzzz

#11 Posted by fesak (6981 posts) - - Show Bio

The first Crow was awesome, the others i don't remember much of.

Moderator Online
#12 Posted by King Saturn (225088 posts) - - Show Bio
Unbelonger said:
"No more Crow. Ever since crow 2, it all became disgusting.

zzzzzzz"
Ha Ha Ha  !
#13 Posted by Shatterstar (4460 posts) - - Show Bio

I never watched the sequels, it seemed almost disrespectful to come out with them, especially considering from what I hear they're direct to video or made for tv quality. If they make another one it better be damn good or it'll be just another movie to ignore.

#14 Posted by G-Man (18877 posts) - - Show Bio

That's mainly the reason I couldn't and wouldn't watch them.  Same with the TV show.  It just didn't seem right.

#15 Posted by Skellex (41 posts) - - Show Bio

The first was brilliant, Brandon (R.I.P)  done a really good job. City of Angels was boring, Salvation..meh, it was okay-ish..Wicked Prayer...ahem...no comment. They better not make another one though...

#16 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6216 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a huge Crow fan, if it is a true to the comic version (meaning Eric and Shelly are attacked at random when their car breaks down, Skull Cowboy makes an appearance, and Top Dollar is just some scumbag dealer) I might be open to a retelling of Draven's story, aside that though I hate remakes, especially when the original was so good. I half would prefer one of the other Crow's stories to be told rather then a remake

#17 Posted by gunswordfist (2669 posts) - - Show Bio

Well its more like a reboot than a remake. Anyway, I would watch it if it's more like the comic I've never read and know nothing about. lol

#18 Posted by White Mage (18748 posts) - - Show Bio
Skellex said:
"The first was brilliant, Brandon (R.I.P)  done a really good job. City of Angels was boring, Salvation..meh, it was okay-ish..Wicked Prayer...ahem...no comment. They better not make another one though..."

David Boreanaz in a net shirt was the only good thing about that movie.  Tara Reid as an actress?  There's how you know that it was all a lame attempt to be funny. 
#19 Posted by xxdroppingdaylightxx (1 posts) - - Show Bio

NOOOOOOOOO! No no no no no no! Don't remake The Crow! gosh i hope he doesnt go through with it...i will go into depression...that movie means so much to me. Im a HUGE Crow and Brandon Lee fan...plz dont remake it =[[[ UGHHHH!
#20 Posted by SadLight (1 posts) - - Show Bio

i agree with another crow movie, but new actor must be keanu reeves. is perfect for the role!!!

#21 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7956 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the first film and the soundtrack even more so, it's the only Crow film i have seen and want to see after what ive heard of the sequals i'm stearing clear, much like the Highlander ones.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.