Awesome Toy Picks: Comedian WATCHMEN Statue

Posted by G-Man (32696 posts) - - Show Bio

Each week we like to do the unthinkable, we find a cool comic book collectible and take it out of the package. Some times it really makes sense to open them. Last week we took a look at the Rorschach WATCHMEN statue (click HERE to see all those photos). This week we're going to look at the just released Comedian one.

As with Rorschach, the boxes reflect the new 'peeling' logo scheme that DC uses and also gives you a close up shot of what's inside.

The back has a little description to remind you who the character is. Chances are if you're buying it, you already know plenty.

== TEASER ==

Also like Rorschach, there is a tiny bit of assembly required. It's just a matter of attaching the figure to the base along with positioning his gun.

That statue stands at 10.5" (compared to Rorschach's 10").

You'll see in the first few shots that there's a little peg on the bottom of the gun to fit into his shoulder to keep it in place. That changes how the bullets hang as well.

The great thing about these statues is the attention to detail they have. Even from the back, the part that is less likely to be seen as often when put on display.

The base is pretty cool as well. It's nice and solid. The simply yellow band with his name gives an almost elegant touch.

These statues have a very solid feel to them. Often you're a little afraid to move it because they can feel as if parts will easily snap off. That isn't the case here. Comedian is a very imposing statue.

Here's what he looks like next to the Rorschach statue for comparison.

Comedian sells for $149.95 (just as Rorschach does). You can order Comedian from DC Collectibles or possibly pick one up at your local comic shop.

Staff
#1 Posted by xtremekidx (576 posts) - - Show Bio

im not into collectible but this seems interesting!

#2 Posted by JairamGanpat (952 posts) - - Show Bio

@xtremekidx said:

not interesting enough for me to cough up $150 -____-

#3 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

@JairamGanpat said:

@xtremekidx said:

not interesting enough for me to cough up $150 -____-

#4 Posted by randalmeister (84 posts) - - Show Bio

@minigunman123: Yeah, a more "action" sort of pose might be more worth it. It seems well-made and has a lot of nice details, though.

#5 Posted by ccraft (5211 posts) - - Show Bio

Rorschach statue reminds me of the black and white joker one.. Wish I had money for collectibles :(

#6 Posted by FiguredOut95 (379 posts) - - Show Bio

Bit strange they decided to put the blood splash on the smiley pin, instead of a face ... And $150 is a joke!!

#7 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3509 posts) - - Show Bio

They didn't put a smiley on the button?

#8 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

Why doesnt he have the smiley??

#9 Posted by D_Knight (65 posts) - - Show Bio

@Stormbox said:

ya why so serious?

is that how the button was when he was in vietnam or something? I havent read his before watchmen yet

#10 Posted by bsavelli (57 posts) - - Show Bio

dat ass

#11 Posted by misterwaingro (1 posts) - - Show Bio

@D_Knight said:

@Stormbox said:

ya why so serious?

is that how the button was when he was in vietnam or something? I havent read his before watchmen yet

Probably something to do with the trademark holders of the smiley face. I remember they had to pay out big to them when the Watchmen film came out. If you look at some of the trailers and posters for the film, you can see credit being given to the smiley face logo tm.

http://www.downtowncomics.com/forum/topics/why-cant-i-buy-a-watchmen

#12 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

@misterwaingro said:

@D_Knight said:

@Stormbox said:

ya why so serious?

Probably something to do with the trademark holders of the smiley face. I remember they had to pay out big to them when the Watchmen film came out. If you look at some of the trailers and posters for the film, you can see credit being given to the smiley face logo tm.

http://www.downtowncomics.com/forum/topics/why-cant-i-buy-a-watchmen

The smiley face belongs to someone? Had no idea

#13 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6660 posts) - - Show Bio

damn they are some badass statuess

#14 Posted by CitizenJP (596 posts) - - Show Bio

Meowschach.

#15 Posted by Queso6p4 (1436 posts) - - Show Bio

Those look pretty awesome.

#16 Posted by vicske77 (32 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome statues but $150??? That's insane pricing.

#17 Posted by bladewolf (732 posts) - - Show Bio

@vicske77 said:

Awesome statues but $150??? That's insane pricing.

#18 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Very well made, if I had the money

#19 Posted by G-Man (32696 posts) - - Show Bio

@FiguredOut95: @vicske77: Statues aren't cheap. There are ones that cost more. These are big and pretty solid.

Staff
#20 Posted by vicske77 (32 posts) - - Show Bio

#21 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

A molotov in one hand and an M-60 over the shoulder. Classic kick@$$ Comedian. Gotta love him!

#22 Posted by lifeboy (1675 posts) - - Show Bio

He raped the hell out of silk spector

#23 Posted by csl316 (169 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally watched Watchmen last night (the 3 hour version, figured I go all out). So I'm quite interested in this, despite him being a true son of a bitch.

#24 Posted by darkwingdan (188 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd rather spend that money on something I'm personally more invested in. If you're a huge Watchmen fan, this might be perfect for you. It's just not my cup of tea.

#25 Posted by GR2Blackout (2564 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool.

#26 Posted by D_Knight (65 posts) - - Show Bio

@Stormbox: didnt you see that scene in forest gump? although i dont think thats how it really happened

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.