gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

The Good

Joshua Hale Fialkov's THE BUNKER is getting deeper and deeper. We've seen the letters from the future and the modern day cast has to figure out what to do. They've been told they're responsible for basically messing up the world, big time. With the knowledge they have, they could try to change things but what if that makes things worse? This is the lovely dilemma in time travel.

As they try to figure things out, Old Grady (from the future) is going about trying to push them into what he says needs to be done. The rest have no idea whether or not to trust him. With the flashbacks...or flashforwards, we see more on what Grady did before venturing into his past (which is really the present). And it turns out there's another bit added to the story that Grady hasn't felt the need to reveal.

THE BUNKER might sound sort of like some types of stories you may have seen but Fialkov is really adding a different twist to things. Jumping back and forth from the present to the future is keeping us on our toes. If you haven't been keeping up, Oni Press released the trade paperback with the first four issues today as well.

And then there's Joe Infurnari's art and colors. His style is fresh and adds to the feel of the chaos going on in the story. There is a mix of beauty and eeriness that really separates the look of this book from other comics.

The Bad

The only bad thing is the sinking feeling you get in your gut as you read the story. You'll want to know how it's all going to turn out but you'll also be a little afraid that things might get worse for the characters.

The Verdict

THE BUNKER is simply a treat to read. Joshua Hale Fialkov and Joe Infurnari are creating a story that is more of an experience. Fialkov keeps things moving and throws twists at you that you won't see coming and Infurnari's art is a wonder. The trade collecting the first four issue has also been released so do yourself a favor and make sure you're reading this series.

fubar20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I love this series! I sometimes find myself confused but never put off. I think many people don't like the idea of a time travel story because of how complicated they can get but I feel like Bunker has done a great job of not over whelming the reader. Although a big part of the plot happens because of time travel, the book doesn't focus too much on the time travel laws and rules but continues to focus on developing the plot and story!

Great read, awesome art!

Armaghetto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I know I hate time travel stories, but this one is fresh!! Not done to death. Take note Marvel. Art is amazing, story has me totally captivated and I find I'm re-reading a lot to see what I may catch. Thoroughly enjoyable!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.