airdave817's The Brave and the Bold #7 - Scalpels and Chainsaws review

Team Works

It's great to have The Brave and the Bold back.

The Brave and the Bold was always one of my favorites to see how a guy who dresses up like a bat and doesn't work with anybody would end up working with just about anybody in the old DC Universe. The stories themselves were sort of secondary to the interaction between Batman and (fill in the blank with the name of this month's guest star). It was good to be a Batman fan.

The stories by Mark Waid have been fantastic. The art by George Perez has been phenomenal.

The Brave and the Bold 7 comes off the incredible six-issue story featuring Batman, Green Lantern, Supergirl, Lobo and The Legion of Super-Heroes. I've especialy enjoyed the use of the Book of Destiny.

What I also like about the new B & B is that is is not confined to using just the two main characters, and a rogue. Other characters - like Adam Strange in the first story arc and Superman, here in this story - can be great background characters.

Having Wonder Woman dna Power Girl teamed up against Dr. Alchemy was pretty cool. What happens to Superman is pretty intense.

It looks like Power Girl has a lot of issues to resolve. Unfortunately none of them are really resolved here. The conflict between her and Wonder Woman is left unresolved - for maybe a future team-up, maybe? The internal struggle that she seems to be facing - the legendary Justice Society of America, comics' first super-team is being led by someone who is headstrong, and impulsive. I have a hard time believing that Jay Garrick, Alan Scott and Carter Hall have an easy time following her lead - not because she's a woman, but because she's so cavalier about risk and danger to everyone around her.

Maybe that's the point of the story. If it is, it's just another reason why I liked it.

I'm in this one for the full ride.