Follow

The Boys

Team » The Boys appears in 132 issues.

A government sponsored group of Superhuman watchdogs tasked with policing, monitoring, and potentially stopping corrupt superheroes. It's their job to keep Supes in line, by any means necessary.

Samuel Bayer Wants to Direct The Boys

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

No Caption Provided

Yesterday, we announced that Darick Robertson approves of the upcoming Boys film in this article. Today, according to SlashFilm, the director of the upcoming Nightmare on Elm Street remake, Samuel Bayer, is very interested in directing the upcoming Boys film. Other than the upcoming Freddy movie, Bayer has been involved in many music videos and another feature entitled, "Max."  Samuel voiced his opinion on the book earlier today:

There’s one comic book I really dig that I want to go after that’s bad-ass. I’d like to get it, it’s called The Boys. It’s about a group of mercenaries and they’re job is to kick the shit out of superheroes who get out of line. It doesn’t get any better than that. In the world of The Boys, superheroes are scumbags. My youngest brother is a comic book historian and he introduced me to a lot of graphic novels like “The Dark Knight.” There are some great books I don’t think people have tapped into yet.

Does this man have what it takes to direct this comic? None of us can really officially judge until we see how he does on the Elm Street remake, unless someone saw Max. then again, it's always nice to see a new name try to get into the game, especially if the guy has actually read a few comics before stating he wants to direct.

What do you guys think? Would Mr. Bayer make a good addition to the film? Who would you want to see helm this film?

~Mat Elfring (InferiorEgo) is a comedian, teacher, comic book writer, comic store employee, and very polite guy.~
    mrduckluck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mrduckluck

wuuw first!!
    MemnochZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By MemnochZERO

Yeah I reserve judgement until I see the Nightmare on Elm Street remake. As it stands, I think there are other filmmakers more qualified, but hey, maybe NoES will be outstanding.
    Avatar image for illyana_rasputin
    Illyana Rasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3  Edited By Illyana Rasputin

I like The Boys. I have noticed fans of a particular comic tend to make the film version of the object of their affection much better than those unfamiliar with the subject matter...but not always.

Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Bruce Vain

I think the Boys would work better as a tv series but that's just my opinion.

robokungfu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By robokungfu

NO

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.