Follow

"Detective Comics" The Black Mirror

Story arc »

There's no place like Gotham City, an entity in itself that twists and contorts the lives of those who try so desperately to protect it. Both Dick Grayson and Commissioner Gordon must try to stay focused as Gotham tests their moral fibers.

Spotlight: Batman - The Black Mirror Hardcover

• 55 results
    goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By goldenkey

@DarthShap: Why can't I compare the 2? How long was Dick Batman before this run, a few months? I know what character development is, and I agree with that, but I was also talking about Dick just being Batman, and without mentioning it, compared to Bruce as Batman. He's always being compared to Bruce as Batman is some way. Any time I read Dick as Batman I never looked at Dick AS Batman, just as Nightwing covering for Batman. Not on Snyders run. I felt like I was just reading Batman without making that judgement on the character. This is Bruce Wayne who he has to live up to. The man who could beat Superman if he has too. No way in hell could I say that about Dick Grayson as Batman. I could under Snyder writing. Sure Morrison could write it, shit it's a comic, but not in general dialogue about Dick as Batman. Making the comparison a few years between runs would not be exceptable, a couple of months between with Dick still coming into his own is totally apllicable. Even the article about the hardcover stated that it felt like a "New Door" was opened for Dick to walk thru, but that was lost with the revamp of DC and it's new "52". Sounds to me like G-Man thought something similar. Finally Dick was Batman and not just character replacing Batman. Im not a mind reader so I don't know, but I can make that comparison and it's not an illogical one to make. Not when Dick was Batman for couple of years. Not when Bruce Wayne is the character he has to live up to, and written that way.

alphaomegasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By alphaomegasin

Going to the comic store tomorrow to pick this up, an absolutely fantastic story. I picked up each comic of this new and was really counting down the days til the next issue would spawn on shelves for me to find out what happened next.

Doesn't happen to often but it's always great when it does.

More writers should take note of this in their future works for the dark knight

Queso6p4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 21

#53  Edited By Queso6p4

This was definitely a pleasant read. I'll have to grab this eventually as I already have the individual issues. Grayson's Batman did grow on me and rather quickly at that. Don't forget to check out amazon for a cheaper option, folks.

Danongorf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tryna dig around online to find what I need to read before this arc? Where does Dick start and finish being Batman? I'm confused. :L

PS - I realize this post is very old.

Avatar image for deactivated-5790531b876c9
    deactivated-5790531b876c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawn87 said:

I haven't gotten this yet but it's definitely on my list. I can't wait to read it

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.