Avengers #1 comic

#1 Posted by blazinasian112 (895 posts) - - Show Bio

Came across the Avengers#1 comic recently in poor to fair condition.  Most price guides list the near mint value for $20,000. Wanted to know the comic vine community's thought on whether one would purchase it at all in such condition and for what price? Thanks
#2 Posted by spider-man 2996 (660 posts) - - Show Bio

I would buy it.
#3 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll give you a dollar for it.

#4 Edited by christopherwalken (96 posts) - - Show Bio

I have just seen Avengers #1 (1963) for sale online for US$ 974 / £595.00 (condition listed as PGX 3.0). In fine condition (listed 6.0, unrestored, but the condition might not official, I dunno), there is one going for US$1,999.50 / £1,212.26. I don't really know if that is its actual market value, though.

If you are buying it as an investment, buy it only if you can get it pretty cheap. It is one thing to own something like that in mint or near mint condition, but if it is in poor to fair condition you should only buy it if it is something you actually want to own.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.