englentine's The Avengers review

Avengers Movie is a straight up Geekasm

Just like everyone else, I loved this movie. I had a blast. A true Geekasm. I would have liked Captain America to have a holy crap moment. Yet was serviced by the automatic take charge before the big fight. The bickering and fighting was so much a marvel moment, i enjoyed it. I loved the OMG look Black Widow was given when faced with the Hulk. No false bravado, or misguided tough girl act. She knew she was out matched and was piss scared. Thor was handled well also, although I was surprised at his reaction to the death of a minor character, since he really had little to nothing to do with him. The best moment to me was when Banner explains how he keeps from getting angry, then Hulking out to bring down a ship on his lonesome. All in all, this was the best Hulk movie ever made. After this movie was over, I suggested to my kids we walk into another theater showing it and watch it again. I really think this gives the Dark Knight a run for best comic movie ever made.

However, they are so different it is hard to compare. ( A + )