etragedy's The Avengers review

Fun

What can I say?

You've probably already seen this movie, and if you haven't...

See this movie.

With the last few Marvel films to reach the big screen ranging from lukewarm to only marginally good, they really needed The Avengers to be a hit. And by choosing Joss Whedon (himself a dyed-in-the-wool Marvelite) they picked the right man for the job. Without going into any details to prevent any spoilers whatsoever, I'll just say that it mixes action, adventure, humor and a little intrigue to great effect. It's the kind of movie the fans really wanted to see.

As I said, see it and decide for yourself.

Other reviews for The Avengers

Film Review -- The Avengers / Joss Whedon, Robert Downey, Jr., Ch 0

Originally posted on my blog, The Comics Cove, not too long ago...So, I'm guessing most of you who read this blog have probably seen The Avengers at least once already, and are well aware of the box office juggernaut (pun intended) this film is becoming. The advance reviews for it have been unprecedented in their uniform level of praise for a superhero movie, and the ticket sales back up the claim that this movie has not only been hyped, but anticipated at a ravenously frenzied level. It has act...