The Avengers would like for___ and__ to be in an Avengers movie

#1 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump?

#3 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh. Not sure I like it. Maybe Spider-Man. But having Wolverine would only solidify his place in the Avengers within Comics, so while it might be a great movie, it might have too many a repercussion.

#4 Posted by TheIncredibleNightcrawler1999 (84 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to see Ms Marvel. She is a very important Avenger.

#5 Posted by BlackArmor (6137 posts) - - Show Bio

Keep Wolverine Away From My Goddamn Avengers!!!!! Like putting sardines in peanut butter, not only is it a bad idea the whole concept is disgusting

#6 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

The only time I ever want to see Wolverine and Spider-Man near the Avengers in a film is in either a Secret War film or a Civil War film.

#7 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

Keep Wolverine Away From My Goddamn Avengers!!!!! Like putting sardines in peanut butter, not only is it a bad idea the whole concept is disgusting

similar thought

#8 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@BlackArmor: lol. No Wolverine?
#9 Edited by BlackArmor (6137 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primmaster64: I don't mind Spider-Man being an Avenger in the comics or in the movies but I don't think Wolverine should be a member in any medium. I don't feel popularity or name recognition should be the qualifier for the Avengers and that's the only reason Wolverine would ever more than guest star on the team, if he has to be in the movies let there be at least 10 other more qualified characters there first

#10 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@BlackArmor: Spider-Man could fit in an Avengers movie right?
#11 Posted by BlackArmor (6137 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primmaster64: I think so, there are a couple of ways they could organically implement him into the team, and unlike Wolverine being there is actually in character for him. Still I would prefer that un-introduced characters join first like Black Panther or Miss Marvel

#12 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@BlackArmor: They probably mention Spider-Man and Wolverine because...well they are other than them, the biggest characters in Marvel.
#13 Posted by BlackArmor (6137 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primmaster64: Probably, but like I said I don't think that automatically makes a character qualified for the Avengers, what if Punisher suddenly becomes more popular than Mickey Mouse, will he automatically be in the movie?

#14 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

The only time I ever want to see Wolverine and Spider-Man near the Avengers in a film is in either a Secret War film or a Civil War film.

i don't think black panther will fit in the avengers movie. now that i've seen it. i would like to see wonder man join up on the team or ms. marvel.

#15 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@BlackArmor: lol No Wolverine.
#16 Posted by BlackArmor (6137 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primmaster64 said:

@BlackArmor: lol No Wolverine.

I'm having a strange sense of deja vu.......but yes no Wolverine

#17 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

lol anyone else?

#18 Edited by The_Tree (7280 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the idea of Spider-Man in an Avengers movie, although chances are slim to none with his film rights being owned by Sony. I say no to Wolverine, I'm not too big on X-Men joining the Avengers in comics, so I don't think I'd like it too much in movies. People I would eventually like to see in Avengers movies would be Hank Pym, Wasp, Black Panther, and Ms. Marvel.

#19 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Tree: Cool
#20 Posted by xybernauts (858 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree no Wolverine. We've seen him too much in movies and he already has a team of his own. Spiderman might work if Marvel had they rights, but they don't, but the Ultimate version of Spiderwoman might be a good substitute for Spiderman. I think Mrs. Marvel would be a perfect fit for a sequel. Most of all I'd like to see Black Panther, but only if they make a Black Panther movie first. @Mega_spidey01 Why wouldn't Black Panther fit?

#21 Posted by Hunter114 (829 posts) - - Show Bio

The Avengers formed in 1963

Spider-Man and Wolverine joined the New Avengers in 2005

I don't feel that they should get to be on the team straight away, other classic Avengers should be on the team before them, and it's better for continuity because there are still a lot more storylines that didn't involve the New Avengers, plus Spider-Man is being rebooted, so Peter Parker is just becoming Spider-Man (again), so for me, he's not ready to become a member of the Avengers yet. As a character, Spider-Man admires the Avengers, so I think that they should be way bigger than him when he joins, he has to become good enough to join, but still has to believe that he's not ready for the team. The timeline should be kept intact and then after they do a few more movies and Disney buys back the rights to their characters, then they can stick them in a New Avengers movie... as it is at the moment,

@xybernauts said:

I'd like to see Black Panther, but only if they make a Black Panther movie first. @Mega_spidey01 Why wouldn't Black Panther fit?

Black Panther is based in a different continent, with no ties to America at all and going to be pretty difficult to write him into a movie where the other characters are all based in (or at least have a connection to) America. Plus T'Challa is deeply attached to Wakanda, so they'd have to bring the Avengers to him and I really don't see a reason why they would do that... however, if it was written really, really well, they could get a good number of scenes, it's just doubtful that he would fit onto the team that well.

#22 Posted by xybernauts (858 posts) - - Show Bio

Technically If aliens were invading the earth it wouldn't just effect North America. Also I could see a plot revolving around vibranium, or the purchasing of more quinjets, or even simply recruiting Black Panther for his scientific expertise. Maybe The Panther deity sending to address supernatural elements. After seeing what Marvel Films has done with all their films I'm confident they could pull it off if they really wanted. Although it is true that Black Panther's role in the Avengers has always been a little rough around the edges, at least when I've seen it on Avengers Assemble animated tv series & the Ultimate Avengers 2 movie. Personally I think the problem is that they make Black Panther's origin story coincide with his debute into the Avengers. The two should be kept separate. if they did that his role on the team could work.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.