'The Avengers' Movie Discussion

• 126 results
#1 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw the midnight show too...and have nerdgasmed ever since then.

#2 Edited by Danial79 (2207 posts) - - Show Bio

I know that the film was awesome, but that final scene where the Chitauri says "... would be to court Death" and then we see THANOS turn around grinning! Oh my god, that just blew my geek mind all over the cinema!! :)

#3 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4517 posts) - - Show Bio

I've started this panel already, check it out!

#4 Posted by TheHeat (441 posts) - - Show Bio

For some reason, I am not able to see the video.

#5 Posted by JakeTrusty (10 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheHeat: Same

#6 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

You know there was just one thing annoyed me a bit, just a little, little bit on the movie...........that the Cap didn't said "Avengers Assemble"...... but aside that is the BEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE EVER

@RedheadedAtrocitus said:

I saw the midnight show too...and have nerdgasmed ever since then.

Oooooh me too, everytime I remember comes again

#7 Posted by SexualLobster (995 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought the significance of Thor hesitating to lift the hammer is that he just saw what Loki did, and he knew they weren't going to be able to reason with him. He knew that as soon as he lifted that hammer, he'd have to use it.

But I agree, I wish we saw a bit more development between Loki and Thor, like they'd have a good conversation while Loki is locked up. Also when Coulson dies.. I don't like how Thor seemingly having the least relationship with him, was so affected by his death..? Then gain I think it could be because he saw that Loki just killed a decent man and definitely enjoyed it, and Thor saw that.

I feel Thor for the shitty end of the stick here for sure though :/

#8 Posted by MrMazz (975 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG its Norm !!!!

I loved the movie it's so amazing that it turned out so good. This movie could of turned out sooo bad in so many ways.

#9 Posted by jonnystorm777 (44 posts) - - Show Bio

Just saw it and it blew me away.

#10 Posted by pacewun (21 posts) - - Show Bio

I think my favorite Avenger was Cap. Watching him step up and take the lead was the best. As for other moments I think they all sort of revolved around Mjolnir. As they mentioned in their discussion, Thor actually picking up the hammer and not calling for it was significant. The collision of Cap's shield and Thor's hammer was great. But was also a nice surprise was when Hulk and Thor fought. For a brief second Hulk tried to pick up the hammer! I kinda wish Cap would have wielded Mjolnir briefly but im not complaining. Inhumans next, please!

#11 Posted by G-Man (29415 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheHeat: @JakeTrusty: Can you guys see it now? The youtube version finished processing and kicked over to here.

Staff
#12 Posted by Chibi-Iroh (388 posts) - - Show Bio

I can honestly say that Hulk was the most entertaining part of the movie. His moments were the best.

#13 Posted by JakeTrusty (10 posts) - - Show Bio

@G-Man: Yeah I can watch it now. Thanks!

#14 Posted by The Stegman (20734 posts) - - Show Bio

The movie was fanfreakintastic.

#15 Posted by TAneT62 (1054 posts) - - Show Bio

My favourite scene was with The black widow and Loki ... was soo good!!!

#16 Posted by csl316 (168 posts) - - Show Bio

The Normandy Invasion! The Shoebreaker!

#17 Posted by SoA (4592 posts) - - Show Bio

this movie was simply perfect, i have only one issue with it , i have to wait for Avengers 2 .

#18 Posted by Deadcool (6809 posts) - - Show Bio

6:03 "For somebody that hasn't seen this movies"

Damn... A teacher thought that the Avengers were boring because he knew anything about it

#19 Posted by SoA (4592 posts) - - Show Bio

@Danial79: i had the "how can this movie get any better" feeling then that quick liltte tease just made my jaw drop

#20 Posted by jamdown (294 posts) - - Show Bio

what was after the credits and Thanos?

#21 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2157 posts) - - Show Bio

I cannot see it. Is this through Youtube?

#22 Posted by jamdown (294 posts) - - Show Bio

best scene was when The Hulk wiped Loki around like a rag doll

#23 Edited by Sammo21 (670 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe the best movie I've ever seen...definitely the best comic book movie ever made...hands down. Oh yeah...thanks for the video! I loved watching it!

@jamdown: yeah, it was Thanos and it was pretty awesome. Easy to tell its Thanos as well (if you know who he is, of course).

#24 Posted by Manchine (3661 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers was great. I loved it.

#25 Posted by leejunfan83 (123 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice feature also I miss Norm

#26 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheHeat: @JakeTrusty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INb12sm4Rww&feature=g-all-u

#27 Posted by zackattack529 (1404 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos sucks aha...

this movie was good ill give it that. but i dont want the next movie to be thanos :/

the infinity gauntlet was lame and that was the only READABLE thanos story. i hope that wolverine and spiderman end up being in the next film..thatll help no matter which lame bad guy marvel throws in.

#28 Posted by noj (1038 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel that Thor was definatly the most affected by the cuts they had to make to the movie. There was just so much about him that wasnt explained well or glossed over, and I think that was my biggest problem with the movie. Still agree with the 5 star rating though, and I cant wait to see it again tomorrow!

#29 Edited by TheBane2890 (1958 posts) - - Show Bio

This Came After Thanos!

#30 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

babs, what's wuth the glasses

#31 Posted by The Dude. (902 posts) - - Show Bio

The team having lunch/dinner?

#32 Posted by NXH (1031 posts) - - Show Bio

@zackattack529 said:

Thanos sucks aha...

this movie was good ill give it that. but i dont want the next movie to be thanos :/

the infinity gauntlet was lame and that was the only READABLE thanos story. i hope that wolverine and spiderman end up being in the next film..thatll help no matter which lame bad guy marvel throws in.

I too would love to see Wolverine and Spider-Man. But I highly doubt it because Wolverine is owned by 20th Century Fox and Spiderman is Sony. Unless Marvel and Disney pull a few strings here and there. That would be awesome. I could see Whedon doing a great Wolverine. Maybe better than Brian Singer.

#33 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

@zackattack529 said:

Thanos sucks aha...

Cause throwing in the two most overexposed characters Marvel has will honestly help it? That's crap. Wolverine and Spidey can't be in Avengers remember? FOX would sue Marvel in they put Wolverine in Avengers cause that won't give them any money. Sony would likely do the same for Spidey. Plus there are plenty of Avengers they could pull from in the next one like Ant-Man, Wonder Man, maybe even Ms. Marvel.

#34 Posted by Mister_Sensational (174 posts) - - Show Bio

Damnit!!! and here I thought the Thanos scene was the final scene. Oh well that just gives more reason to see it again on Sunday! All in all words can not express how much I enjoyed this movie.

#35 Posted by TheHeat (441 posts) - - Show Bio

@G-Man: Now, yes. Thanks!

#36 Posted by TexasTyler (10 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw that movie last night and it was fantastic, the part where Hulk and Thor just got done fighting and standing side by side and Hulk just punches the dude, CLASSIC. If anybody in this has not seen it yet im sorry, but this movie is AWESOME!!!!!

#37 Posted by TheHeat (441 posts) - - Show Bio

Who's Sara here on CV, as in profile?

#38 Posted by Mjdemon (51 posts) - - Show Bio

when i saw the trailer. it looked like Iron Man and Thor were even but after seeing the movie im glad they showed how much of a powerhouse they made Thor.

#39 Edited by RickZeo (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally, i enjoyed the movie. Quite a lot, actually. It was fun and entertaining in every way. Proporbly as good as this particular movie could've been given particular circumstances it was made under. But while i didn't really except it to happen, i was kinda hoping for a deeper story and richer characterisation. Especially the Chitauri as villains could've used some sort of motivation that goes beyond the one-diemntional lust for power.

Espeically given how Superheroes are considered modern myths by a lot of people, in a way, i feel these movies could be more than just big action sepctacles, if they just had certain amount of complexity. I mean, yeah, you can have superheroes fighting bad buys who do bad things because they're evil, but personally, i find myself way more invested in those fights when the conflict behind it has some sort of dimension, the two parties involved represent different ethical viewpoint, instead of just good and bad. You know, these things can be parables for real world conflicts with some kind of relevant message to them. For example, in the Young Justice cartoon, the Light dosn't fight the Justice League because they stand in their way as far as getting ultimate power goes, but because they think of them as "champions of stagnation, who are dedicated to maintaining society's calcified status quo" and therefor prevent humanity from achieving its own evolution. And really, if a saturday morning cartoon can give the villains a motivation like that, i don't think it's too much to ask from a 200 mio. dollar movie.

Anyway, all in all, for what it was, an action-adventure summer blockbuster, Avengers was great, but even within that context i felt it could've had more deph to it.

#40 Posted by Walker696 (984 posts) - - Show Bio

Loved the movie, loved the actors, and loved Thanos scene at the end more then anything........I was just upset that in a sold out theahtre I was literally the only person who knew who he was.............I wish I was joking but one person said Skrull and everybody went with it lol. I kind of wanted to see Thor do more then throw his hammer and shot lighting but I can understand why they didn't write him at full power. I was one of those people angry that the Pyms weren't in this but Hawk and Widow pulled their weight and I was happy to see them stand out and have some great scenes. Might go see it again today because I didn't know about the extra scene at the end after Thanos

#41 Posted by Meat_Spinner (124 posts) - - Show Bio

I felt bad about Cap's "baby sized" helmet. I mean, why did they switch it? The First Avenger had nailed costume design perfectly!~

#42 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

The post-credit scene (not the Thanos scene) was totally worth the wait, and it summarized the whole team without saying a single word, lol.

God, I wish Joss Whedon could write the Avengers forever. <3

#43 Edited by ArtisticNeedham (2157 posts) - - Show Bio

I can see the video now.

@TheBane2890 said:

This Came After Thanos!

Really? Did this really or was this just a photo behind the scenes. Because this would actually be funny to see, because there are scenes of the Avengers eating breakfast and out to lunch in the comics.

#44 Posted by MrGutts (235 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheHeat said:

Who's Sara here on CV, as in profile?

No stalking her, she has enough of that. It's Babs

And Hulk was freaking awesome when he

Took Loki by the legs and smashed the hell out of him like a rag doll and called him a puny god.

#45 Posted by MrGutts (235 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArtisticNeedham: You'll see that in the 3 1/2 hour version of the Directors super elite blu-ray.

#46 Posted by LordRequiem (1302 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Scarlett Johannson lacks the commanding presence needed to portray a strong female and would have loved for Ms Marvel instead. The big guns are always more fun to watch with powers and such. Also I still prefer the sinew-ey Hulk from The Incredible Hulk. But this one was pretty decent. The most fitting actor/character for me is Hemsworth/Thor by far (Hiddleston/Loki is great also). I'd be rather annoyed if they didn't bring in any new characters to the roster for what I assume to be a definite sequel. (NO LUKE CAGE!)

It got me thinking about a justice league film. Bale, Cavill (if he's good) and the others would be so much more serious.

#47 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27351 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by Aaron_G (9 posts) - - Show Bio

A wild Norm has appeared!

#49 Posted by fluffypigeons (255 posts) - - Show Bio

cool

#50 Posted by BlackArmor (6121 posts) - - Show Bio

@SoA said:

this movie was simply perfect, i have only one issue with it , i have to wait for Avengers 2 .

QFT

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.