THE AVENGERS 96% ON ROTTEN TOMATOES!!!

#1 Posted by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/marvels_the_avengers/

#2 Posted by Inverno (13217 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah... So if anyone still hates Joss Whedon at this point they will be throw into a acid pool after having all their loved ones murdered before their eyes.

#3 Edited by SlimJ87D (9893 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat said:

Yeah... So if anyone still hates Joss Whedon at this point they will be throw into a acid pool after having all their loved ones murdered before their eyes.

The Cabin in the woods was great, and it was made with only 30 million dollars. I was really impressed with his work there. I'm looking forward to this movie, real excited.

@Dex_Starr said:

For future references, if you highlight a link and click "link" above, it will make it a clicky link.

#4 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@CaioTrubat said:

What a dumb comment.  

People still hate Nolan, and his Batman films are far and away superior in every respect to Avengers. 
#5 Edited by Inverno (13217 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D: I have to disagree but Cabin in the Woods was not that scary, at least for me. I saw some really creepy stuff before that was poorly done than this and most likely would turn most people s**** white. I think most people liked because when you have Joss Whedon' name slapped into it, its automatically good.

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@CaioTrubat said:

What a dumb comment. People still hate Nolan, and his Batman films are far and away superior in every respect to Avengers.

And does anyone ever hated Joss Whedon before?

#6 Posted by God_Spawn (37863 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman Under the Red Hood had 100% nyeeheheheh, take that major motion films.

#7 Edited by SlimJ87D (9893 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat: I never said it was scary, it was well written and original. Didn't reuse anything. The film was great. It was the first time I had ever watched a horror movie while playing detective and trying to figure out motives.

@god_spawn: LMFAO, it only has 7 reviews though. Great movie never the less.

#8 Posted by Inverno (13217 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

Batman Under the Red Hood had 100% nyeeheheheh, take that major motion films.

HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?!?!?

#9 Posted by k4tzm4n (43146 posts) - - Show Bio
@CaioTrubat said:

@SlimJ87D: I have to disagree but Cabin in the Woods was not that scary, at least for me. I saw some really creepy stuff before that was poorly done than this and most likely would turn most people s**** white. I think most people liked because when you have Joss Whedon' name slapped into it, its automatically good.

I don't view The Cabin in the Woods as horror, but instead a comedy with some horror elements.  I didn't think it was scary at all, but I thought it was hilarious and quite fun.  
Staff
#10 Posted by God_Spawn (37863 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat: Look it up.

#11 Posted by _Black (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked The Cabin in the Woods. Original plot, nice dialogue, didn't scare me, but that really wasn't the point. I thought it was interesting and I liked the ending, even though I wanted a little more.

Anyways, hopefully this review points to good things for the Avengers movie, Marvel, and comics as a whole.

#12 Posted by MrDirector786 (43548 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice

#13 Posted by stambo42 (159 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@CaioTrubat said:

What a dumb comment. People still hate Nolan, and his Batman films are far and away superior in every respect to Avengers.

I'm pretty sure it was not intended to be scary. It was a deconstruction, a dark comedy, a satire if you will. Maybe satire is too strong a word... cross-over satire for the masses? In the vein of Black Swan (which was hilarious). Neither were masterpieces of film-making, but both were fun middlebrow entertainments that could have been contextually mistaken for more in a sea of motion picture drivel. This seemed to be Whedon's intention, and if so, he succeeded. I don't think it's our place to fault him for not aiming higher, or not making an actual horror movie.

#14 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13119 posts) - - Show Bio

Stop Making Me Excited For This Movie!!!!!!!!!

#15 Posted by Inverno (13217 posts) - - Show Bio

@stambo42 said:

@CaioTrubat said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@CaioTrubat said:

I'm pretty sure it was not intended to be scary. It was a deconstruction, a dark comedy, a satire if you will. Maybe satire is too strong a word... cross-over satire for the masses? In the vein of Black Swan (which was hilarious). Neither were masterpieces of film-making, but both were fun middlebrow entertainments that could have been contextually mistaken for more in a sea of motion picture drivel. This seemed to be Whedon's intention, and if so, he succeeded. I don't think it's our place to fault him for not aiming higher, or not making an actual horror movie.

Well I think can blame myself for having the wrong expectations. Even if that was a horror movie in the first place, after you watch really messed-up flicks like A Serbian Film or Eden Lake, everything else is tame.

#16 Posted by DarthShap (875 posts) - - Show Bio

Only 54 reviews though (big movies usually get around 200 at the very least) and the "serious" critique has not yet been posted on the site so do not get attached to that percentage.

#17 Posted by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarthShap said:

Only 54 reviews though (big movies usually get around 200 at the very least) and the "serious" critique has not yet been posted on the site so do not get attached to that percentage.

I guess will have to wait until after May 4th, I don't expect it to stay at 96

Still looks like a great film though, will be seeing it day 1

#18 Posted by DarthShap (875 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dex_Starr said:

@DarthShap said:

I guess will have to wait until after May 4th, I don't expect it to stay at 96

Still looks like a great film though, will be seeing it day 1

I did not realise it was not out in the US. ^^

#19 Posted by The Impersonator (5483 posts) - - Show Bio

That is awesome. Now I can watch the movie. =P

#20 Edited by Illuminatus (9509 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Translation: I'm FtBB and I like raining on parades. Gag me with a spoon.

#21 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Illuminatus said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Go f*ck yourself, I've been nothing but positive about this film since I saw it.  

And just try gagging me with a spoon, we'll see who comes off second best. 
#22 Posted by Illuminatus (9509 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Illuminatus said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Go f*ck yourself, I've been nothing but positive about this film since I saw it. And just try gagging me with a spoon, we'll see who comes off second best.

Ouch, that one cut deep.

#23 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Illuminatus said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Illuminatus said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Go f*ck yourself, I've been nothing but positive about this film since I saw it. And just try gagging me with a spoon, we'll see who comes off second best.

Ouch, that one cut deep.

Nice retort, shows the strength of your initial contention.
#24 Posted by Illuminatus (9509 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Illuminatus said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Illuminatus said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Ouch, that one cut deep.

It was sarcasm.

#25 Posted by mfundo (1622 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh it already premièred in South Africa two days ago.

#26 Posted by HolySerpent (12535 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

I find it far more impressive that it holds a 9.0 on IMDB with over 20,000 votes.

#28 Posted by The Stegman (24306 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait for Avengers...but I actually found Cabin in the woods to be mediocre, it wasn't scary nor funny...which a Dark Comedy should be at least one of these things, and honestly, the acting was kinda...meh. Great ending though.

#29 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7822 posts) - - Show Bio

I am actually suprised it has a 96%. Usually critics don't really go for super hero movies.. Esp. when they involve goofy costumes. I am damn ready to see this. >_<

#30 Posted by Lunacyde (19025 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like ratings always sink on Rotten Tomatoes after a while...or am I delusional?

#31 Posted by k4tzm4n (43146 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lunacyde said:
I feel like ratings always sink on Rotten Tomatoes after a while...or am I delusional?
That's correct.
Staff
#32 Posted by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@Lunacyde said:
That's correct.

It's at a 97 now but someone else said it best, it might go down once it releases in NA and gets 200 more reviews.

#33 Posted by Dilutedseid (22 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarthShap said:

exactly

the first 30 reviews will be from gaming nerds and comic-con critics

#34 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

Stop Making Me Excited For This Movie!!!!!!!!!

qft

#35 Posted by Chaos Burn (1784 posts) - - Show Bio

This movie is outstanding

and if you try to compare Nolans Batman to Whedones Avengers, you'll find it difficult, they're so different and both so good!

#36 Posted by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

Went down to 94% today

#37 Posted by Aiden Cross (15569 posts) - - Show Bio

Still haven't seen it, nor am i really excited to see it.

#38 Posted by Mercy_ (92695 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n
@Lunacyde said:
That's correct.
But doesn't preclude him from being delusional.

@Aiden Cross There's something wrong with you.
#39 Posted by Aiden Cross (15569 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_: That i'm too good for this world? i know. 'tis a curse..

But honestly, not excited. Not even a little.

#40 Edited by Manchine (4169 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

LOL "Gag me with a spoon." LOL As IF!

#41 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt: @Illuminatus: You guys are just joking around, right?

#42 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Really? You really don't see the irony in this? Coming from the person who posted this:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

And this is why comic book readers are called nerds........

#43 Posted by Andy Steven Summers (5234 posts) - - Show Bio

@royale_with_cheese: What's wrong with being a nerd?

#44 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@Andy Steven Summers said:

@royale_with_cheese: What's wrong with being a nerd?

I was actually referring to the connotation of the nerd stereotype. I.e. keyboard warriors and such.

#45 Posted by Illuminatus (9509 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:

@FadeToBlackBolt: @Illuminatus: You guys are just joking around, right?

I was, FtBB wasn't, we settled it in a PM. No worries. 

@royale_with_cheese said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Really? You really don't see the irony in this? Coming from the person who posted this:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

And this is why comic book readers are called nerds........

Don't direct that at him. I instigated it, but I did so under the pretenses that he would tease me back. We settled it though.
#46 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus: You sick minded individual ;p

#47 Posted by Illuminatus (9509 posts) - - Show Bio
@royale_with_cheese: I'm a cruel, cruel person.
#48 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus: Aight.

#49 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

I got my tickets today, this will be my first 3D movie in a theater since Jaws 3D (Yes I'm old, leave me alone)

#50 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9052 posts) - - Show Bio

YAY I love that the Avengers are getting so many postive reviews. I can't wait to see it!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.